By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saints R(o)w IV debut trailer, launching August 20 in NA (23rd elsewhere)!

Tagged games:

3 was an insult to fans. You could 100% the game in 22 hours and the co-op was half assed, not to mention it was one of the first offenders with that season pass tripe. SR2 lasted more than twice that time, had more content, and didn't shove a season pass down my throat to experience the entire game. 4 has a lot to make up for.

Around the Network

I can't wait to get this game looking forward it. I had a lot of fun with saints row 3 but it was suppose to be a huge dlc for saints row 3 but they just used it to make a whole new game.

This news made my day. Though if i were them I wouldn't launch so close to GTA V.

Hopefully better than SR3. Looks like they took a little inspiration from Crackdown.

JEMC said:

Oh, yeah! 

If it's as fun as the others I'm fine with the graphics (it's a PS3/xbox360 game after all), but isn't it a bit weird launching this game 1 month before GTA V? That may hurt its sales.

Anyway, I'll probably get it on Steam, some mods could be interesting ^.^

..not as much as releasing it AFTER GTA V

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I really didn't like SR3 to much compared to SR2 which was able to balance the wackiness with the seriousness well which I can't say for it's sequel. This one I'm a bit more optimistic towards just because it's going towards a crackdown style game.

Former something....

Awesome news the series is excellent. Fuck GTA V (for now). I'm more hyped for SR IV already.

MoHasanie said:
arcelonious said:
Yes, I love Saint's Row! I hope the main campaign is a bit longer than the Third, although I'll settle for some more outrageous comedy and fun.

I thought the campaign was a bit too long. I think I spent more than 50 hours doing the missions and getting every achievement in that game. 

I spent 24 hours and finished the game and all DLC, most achievements (1190/1300G) and only have the grinding ones (collectables, spend 30 hours, complete all challenges) left.

The story itself is only ~13hours. It should certainly be longer IMO.
Some of the GTA clones are lacking recently in decent story lengths. I also completed Sleeping Dogs in less than 10 hours.

Already sold.

4 ≈ One