By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

Grandia said:

Sony has just a insane amount of nerds among their fans, Sonyfans  spend the mainly parts of their lives in nerd forums like neogaf or here and have no real live, bashing other consoes is their purpose in life.

So just let them their only fun they in live and ignore them.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

I basically feel this exactly, but its hard to express this without getting a ban. As you can see...

Perhaps it needed a little more sugar coating.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I understand what benv is saying,they should just be allowed to discuss their own topics/threads like rare or live for example,it is down to the mod I guess,

just out of interest does SOE not count as a develepor then,i'm a member there,they don't develop magic do they but I thought they did planetside/everquest why does it matter that it isn't console,i thought SOE was around in the mid 90's

Above & Beyond

Just quit trashing msft, what is it with you people?

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Kynes said:

I'm not going to play rethorics. You used my post as an example of trolling/thread derailing/whatever you want to say. If that's the best you can find of someone attacking Sony or its fans...

I'll forgive you if you haven't been following the past few days, but the idea is that people are trolling MS, which resulted in an absurd number of bans through, what I called, minor infractions. Now we are hearing again that MS is being trolled. I don't believe they are, but if we're going to stick by the definitions of trolling set by the moderators that infamous day, then yes, you qualify, almost exactly with the definition. I didn't report you because I don't consider it trolling, exactly how I didn't consider those moderated users to be trolling, and exactly how I think the people defending MS are overexaggerating the extent of the trolling going on.

Now, if you please, forgive me if I came off as accusing you of trolling, it's just that the bar was set not two days ago. This, in my opinion, is more of a continuing argument than a fresh one.

Also, it's not playing rhetorics. People were banned for saying, in a thread about a deal on xbox live, "I think that price is still a little too high for what is offered". You basically said the same thing. Nobody made a thread about how you were trolling, and you were not moderated. I'm trying to make a point, but I don't think you're seeing it. tl;dr Sony gets "trolled" (according to the precendent) it's business as usual. MS gets "trolled" make 5 threads about it.

I've looked up the thread Kynes posted in and here you clearly aren't accusing him of refering to the wrong post, but rather confirming that he instantly and correctly recognized which of his posts you were talking about.

It's getting clear that your perspective is very skewed due to your bias. You fail to see the difference between trolling and reasonably voiced criticism. The above post of yours is proof of this. Remember that I am not saying this because I don't like you. I say it, because I like you and don't want to see you riding into your own doom due to acting on an entirely false premise.

You've already been caught for perceiving this thread as "calling out all Sony fans", even though Sony fans weren't specifically mentioned. You need to step back for a moment and consider if you can trust your own judgment of all the recent events or if the diehard Sony fan of old inside you is trying to take over control.

Remember your promise.

no, rol, you're right.
I was just tired of the late ms victimization and attacked, when I should've said, "you're right, we all need to stop with the negativity".

MS is making a Kinect Console, focusing the most on casual, family, children, kids, and "non gamers" = the ones who will buy the Next XBox even if they almost never played videogames before. Hardcore gamers are not happy, of course, they are upset. Why to be surprised about negativity ?

Around the Network

LOL LLOL I looked at my excell sheet and noticed that I actually did get the MS fanbase to 50 like I said I could do and I got the Sony fanbase to 61 like I said (thought it would be closer to 70 but it turns out people I thought posted more didn't really post). My method? well, I deleted everyone who didn't have a .66ppd.why? well if we are talking about this site being overran by the amount of sony fans then people who barely post wont be significant... what does this tell us? It's mostly just the same Sony fans posting multiple times daily more than it is the amount of Sony fans.

The reason I went with post per day is because of a few reasons. First of all if I went with post count (post count > x amount of posts) then in active users like seece and gebx would be able to be considered while posters who just registered and have made posts more recently than them would not be able to be considered. Secondly the ppd changes overtime. This means that people who just registered and then become dormant, their ppd will drop at an increased rate. The people who have a couple hundred posts but over the span of 7 years have a well established ppd that wont drastically change. These people have a low ppd and thus wont "overwhelm" the forums like the people claim. For the MS community, the ones i added, I made sure the people had multiple posts this year. Also, the reason I went with .66ppd is because I don't think it should be hard to make two posts in a single day then come back 3 days later to make two more...

basically confirms what Ive been saying. Which is, MS community has a healthy following. However, the difference between the two is for some reason the MS community wants to cry foul and have a victimhood mentality.

That happens cause there are few Xbox fans on this site compared to Sony/ Nintendo one's. Also, there are quite a few fanboys who are quite immature, and lately, they've been increasing.
But I agree its happening way too often now and its very annoying.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
That happens cause there are few Xbox fans on this site compared to Sony/ Nintendo one's. Also, there are quite a few fanboys who are quite immature, and lately, they've been increasing.
But I agree its happening way too often now and its very annoying.

read my last two posts. you might be surprised

Osc89 said:
Must just be bitterness. Microsoft has beaten Sony for the majority of the generation, and maybe Sony fans (myself included) don't fully understand why. It makes sense that people would be somewhat resentful of their success at a low point for Sony.

^ This, this a hundred times over.

For some their platform is like a religion.  They have this irrational passion that somehow the console is supposed to validate something about themselves because they feel that way..

I've seen all these 'the new console will put the XXX back at it righteous place as the dominate console.'  (Seriously? it's an electronic toy - why would there be a divine right about anything, much less a toy.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Max King of the Wild said:

LOL LLOL I looked at my excell sheet and noticed that I actually did get the MS fanbase to 50 like I said I could do and I got the Sony fanbase to 61 like I said (thought it would be closer to 70 but it turns out people I thought posted more didn't really post). My method? well, I deleted everyone who didn't have a .66ppd.why? well if we are talking about this site being overran by the amount of sony fans then people who barely post wont be significant... what does this tell us? It's mostly just the same Sony fans posting multiple times daily more than it is the amount of Sony fans.

basically confirms what Ive been saying. Which is, MS community has a healthy following. However, the difference between the two is for some reason the MS community wants to cry foul and have a victimhood mentality.

For the record Im part of both the Sony and MS teams.  Not sure if you included me on both or not.