By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How would you feel if FFXV used an evolved Active Dimension Battle (ADB)?

Tagged games:

How would you feel if FFXV used an evolved Active Dimension Battle (ADB)?

Happy. ADB is the best ba... 28 43.75%

Optimistc. ADB had flaws ... 14 21.88%

Pessimistic. There's no ... 6 9.38%

Upset. ADB is the worst b... 15 23.44%

Total:63

I loved FFXII (was my favourite that I've played in the series) so I would love it if FFXV had a similar battle system. It did have it's flaws when it came to the gambit system however because it basically meant you could go on auto-pilot for a large part of the game if you so chose but I think if they limit/remove that system then it would easily make for the best battle experience in the series.

Around the Network

i just want ff15 to be like the first 9 that is all

It's great, I loved it in FFXII! Well, there were flaws, mainly with the system becoming kinda boring towards the end, but nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure.

Probably the best battle system, only bettered by Xenoblades offering. Didnt enjoy XII story though so couldnt love the game.

A feature i would like to see included in future games is FFVII's materia system. It not only lent itself to combat and grinding but gave you an incentive to explore the game world fully to find the more powerfull summons. I would love to see them try and implement something like this with XII's battle system.

Yoshiya said:
I loved FFXII (was my favourite that I've played in the series) so I would love it if FFXV had a similar battle system. It did have it's flaws when it came to the gambit system however because it basically meant you could go on auto-pilot for a large part of the game if you so chose but I think if they limit/remove that system then it would easily make for the best battle experience in the series.

I agree. If anything, they should remove the Gambit system and allow the player full party control like ATB.

Around the Network

I like to control the whole party so ADB is not my first choice of battle system.

Signature goes here!

I have nothing against the battle system, but I actually want a raw turn based system of old. I'm actually thinking this would be best for FF at this time. Is there a future with the ADB system? Yes, but after the crap Wada, Toriyama, and Kitase have put Final Fantasy through, I think something a bit more classic and traditional should be implemented. To say the truth FF X's turn base system was the most strategic as it involved future planning (Every move you make affects your turns for better or worse) so you start using moves depending on the turn penalty, or turn increase. Square needs to go with something like that right now.

Galvanizer said:
Yoshiya said:

I agree. If anything, they should remove the Gambit system and allow the player full party control like ATB.

It's kinda hard to pull off full party control when you actually control the characters in battle. It could work if you couldn't control the movements... But that would pretty much kill the whole idea of ADB. There needs to be some automatization if you can't control all characters as it would become too tedious to control everyone's movements otherwise. I would have hated FFXII if I had to have to decided everything my party members were doing. Progress would simply have been too slow. I'd rather see them not touch the basics of the gambit system but instead build something on top of it to make it more interesting.

think-man said:
No thank you, ff12 battle system was a bore sorry.

Havent played Xenoblade but....pretty much this

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Zkuq said:
Galvanizer said:
Yoshiya said:

It's kinda hard to pull off full party control when you actually control the characters in battle. It could work if you couldn't control the movements... But that would pretty much kill the whole idea of ADB. There needs to be some automatization if you can't control all characters as it would become too tedious to control everyone's movements otherwise. I would have hated FFXII if I had to have to decided everything my party members were doing. Progress would simply have been too slow. I'd rather see them not touch the basics of the gambit system but instead build something on top of it to make it more interesting.

You raise a good point.

Still, I think something needs to be done to ADB to allow full party control. A lot of people didn't like ADB in FFXII due to not being able to enter commands for all the characters.

My solution is just using the FFVI ATB template for ADB. Basically, just have the ATB system with seamless battles. When you see an enemy you want to fight, you press X to initiate the battle. The battle system menu then automatically comes up with ATB gauges for the all party members starting to fill. The command menu for each character comes up automatically when their ATB gauge is full. You then tell them what to do and after they do it, their ATB gauge resets and starts filling again for their next command. Also, you still have full control of the party leader movement at all times and can even switch party leader whenever you want.

It's the best of both, really. ATB traditionalists get their system back and forward thinking fans of ADB still get their seamless battles.