By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How would you feel if FFXV used an evolved Active Dimension Battle (ADB)?

Tagged games:

How would you feel if FFXV used an evolved Active Dimension Battle (ADB)?

Happy. ADB is the best ba... 28 43.75%

Optimistc. ADB had flaws ... 14 21.88%

Pessimistic. There's no ... 6 9.38%

Upset. ADB is the worst b... 15 23.44%

Total:63

TheLastStarFighter said:

The RAM has nothing to do with allowing control of the characters.  That is a relatively non-intensive use of the memory.  A PS2 could allow full control of characters from a capability perspective.  The challenge is making it work.  Controlling 3 characters without pauses.  The solutions in the past have been control one directly and use gambits for the others.  Some good suggestions have been made on this thread on how to improve the system.  But none of them take memory, only design.

I see. Well, in that case, I don't see why they didn't make all characters playable in FFXII without needing the Gambit system.

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:

TheLastStarFighter said:

The RAM has nothing to do with allowing control of the characters.  That is a relatively non-intensive use of the memory.  A PS2 could allow full control of characters from a capability perspective.  The challenge is making it work.  Controlling 3 characters without pauses.  The solutions in the past have been control one directly and use gambits for the others.  Some good suggestions have been made on this thread on how to improve the system.  But none of them take memory, only design.

I see. Well, in that case, I don't see why they didn't make all characters playable in FFXII without needing the Gambit system.

Yeah, I think they just didn't think of how to do it...they should be reading this thread!

TheLastStarFighter said:
Galvanizer said:

TheLastStarFighter said:

Yeah, I think they just didn't think of how to do it...they should be reading this thread!

Hopefully, the critcism that FFXII generated has made them decide to allow full party control in the next evolution of ADB.

Galvanizer said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Galvanizer said:

TheLastStarFighter said:

Hopefully, the critcism that FFXII generated has made them decide to allow full party control in the next evolution of ADB.

"Well, in that case, I don't see why they didn't make all characters playable in FFXII without needing the Gambit system."

Maybe that's because... they just felt the battle system was good the way it was

Just saying.

There will always be people to complain, no matter what battle system they come up with. But there are many who enjoyed XII's battle system the way it was. Myself included.

Soleron said:

Why do battle systems need brand names? The ideal battle system would be totally invisible and natural to the story of being a teenager with a sword who gains power as they kill monsters.

When we have virtual reality RPGs, combat will be actually slicing things and levelling will be literally getting better at doing so via experiencing it, instead of hit points and mana bars.

Virtual reality in video games? No thanks, please. Think of the battle systems as the rule book of the game. Same way bishops only move diagonally in chess. It's part of what makes a game fun and interesting. Don't think games become more fun and interesting the more realistic they are. Think of how boring red dead redemption is for example.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
Soleron said:

Why do battle systems need brand names? The ideal battle system would be totally invisible and natural to the story of being a teenager with a sword who gains power as they kill monsters.

When we have virtual reality RPGs, combat will be actually slicing things and levelling will be literally getting better at doing so via experiencing it, instead of hit points and mana bars.

Virtual reality in video games? No thanks, please. Think of the battle systems as the rule book of the game. Same way bishops only move diagonally in chess. It's part of what makes a game fun and interesting. Don't think games become more fun and interesting the more realistic they are. Think of how boring red dead redemption is for example.

While I understand and agree with your point, I disagree with your statement about Red Dead Redemption. That game is awesome.

Hynad said:

"Well, in that case, I don't see why they didn't make all characters playable in FFXII without needing the Gambit system."

Maybe that's because... they just felt the battle system was good the way it was

Just saying.

There will always be people to complain, no matter what battle system they come up with. But there are many who enjoyed XII's battle system the way it was. Myself included.

I feel the game would have got less criticism for the battle system if more people had played FFXI.