By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Party Chat that important?

Tagged games:

Yes, I have a lot of friends who I only get to talk to on xbl as I don't see them in real life. Its nice to relax while gaming chatting to friends and it makes gaming with several friends easier to more between games and game types without hassle. I'm glad they're adding it for the PS4.

Around the Network

Tremendously overrated.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I remember a few years back some were calling Achievements useless, but when Sony decided add their own system the fans were all over, so expect the same if they ever were to add their very own party chat.

I use my cell when if we drop between games or something happens. But it seems to be pretty rare these days. We did use the vita to party chat during the ps4 reveal. Which was nice but I don't care to talk to them while I'm playing a different game. That's pretty pointless.

hollabackenny said:
riderz13371 said:
hollabackenny said:
riderz13371 said:
Lol I don't even care about party chat. Why the hell do I want to talk to someone while I'm playing Battlefield and he's playing GT5. It just doesn't make sense to me as to why you would want to communicate with players who are playing different games. Just seems to cause confusion

Yeah, who wants to talk to friends that are doing different things? I refuse to reply to my friends texts if they are at the mall shopping and I'm at home eating. 

Must...not...use...are...you..retarded...meme

Logical... I love the typical "Well, we don't have that feature so I don't really see the point in it/I wouldn't even use it". Why can't people just accept that it's a good feature that people love to use, it has a good purpose and it would be nice to see Sony implement it in the PS4? No, instead we have to show how funny we are and threaen to post memes. Great. 

I have the feature on my Vita. Why would I talk to people who are playing CoD when I'm playing BF3? It just causes confusion. The fact that you compare party chat to "texting" is hilarious. Also, I never said that it shouldn't be implemented in the PS4, I just said that it's not something I buy a console for and I wouldn't use it even if it was on the PS4. Again, I actually laughed when you compared party chat to texting. I mean, I would use the are you retarded mean but then I'd get banned for calling you a retard, so I won't.

Around the Network

I am a PSN gamer and I have never really cared that I don't have it. There has never been a time where I was playing BF3 and needed to call a friend through PSN. I would like the feature, but it might be a little neglected by me. 

Yes, I use it pretty much every time I turn on my Xbox. It's great for keeping in contact with friends, boosting sessions for achievements, and making otherwise boring singleplayer games more interesting (it's fun to chat with buddies while playing ... not many games require your complete attention, and even less have a compelling story to follow).

PS4 needs to have this feature, and Wii U needs to add it in an update (assuming that is possible).

Yeah, I use it all the time. 

The big difference is PS3 doesn't come with a mic, and going out and buying one, then going through all the bullshit of synching it up is really just too frustrating to even try to use one.

Party chat allows you to also just connect with friends before jumping into games, and jumping in and out of different games without losing the voice connection. It is a pretty big deal.

The Vita party chat sorta sucks, and again, the VIta mic does too.. so it becomes irrelevant again on a Sony system.

Some like me find it very distracting to talk to someone while playing videogames, I absolutely never talk while playing single player games and during multiplayer I talk only to the players in my team. Playing games is not work, it is for fun and talking while playing for me is like talking in a theatre.

In other words, no. It is useful though, if you want to talk to someone playing other game while you are not doing anything. But not much of a big loss.

Very awesome and Important feature. Most that say they don't care for party chat have either never used it or used it very little to actually appreciate it. Does anyone else see the similarity between those who say it's not great?

It's alright if you don't like the Xbox, MS, and/or online gaming, but there's nothing wrong with saying it's a awesome feature you wish Sony implemented in the Ps3. Just like I'm more than willing to share my want in a useful feature the ps3 has. Case in point:Blu-Ray.