By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Party Chat that important?

Tagged games:

brendude13 said:
JayWood2010 said:
brendude13 said:
It's great if you have friends to use it with. When I first got my 360 and was playing Tales of Vesperia, I would be talking with my friends all the time, it was great. After I stopped playing my 360 lots though, I never really used it again, the thought of using it never crossed me mind.

I've only used it once on Vita though because I don't have many people to talk to. It sucks.

Question.  How is the Vita cross-game chat?  I dont have a vita yet :/  But do you use a headset for it or is the mic on the vita it's self?

The mic is on the Vita itself, but the Vita headphones I bought also have a mic on them, so it's a little bit confusing. When I used it I had nothing plugged in, just talked to my Vita and my friends voice came out the speakers along with the game audio. Quality was decent.

Ahh i see.  Im just glad PSN is now getting Cross-Game Chat.  How many people can join at once btw?  We usually have anywhere from 2-8 people in our party in XBL/Steam so Im hoping around 10

Around the Network

i've said in many a thread that's what you have headphones PSeye/Kinect for.

but i can see how usefull it is.

thranx said:
I dont really use a headset or chat online, but the way in which parties are set up in xbox live it makes it easy to get a game together. You can still be in a party while playing different games, so you can play your current game while someone sets up a party for an online match, and than all you have to do is switch to that game. No need for signing in or out of anyting. its pretty seamless. I dont have a ps3 so I dont know if its the same or different.

all someone has to do is send you a game invite. and when you put the game in you're in. it seems like the same thing, just without the chatting.

JayWood2010 said:
brendude13 said:

The mic is on the Vita itself, but the Vita headphones I bought also have a mic on them, so it's a little bit confusing. When I used it I had nothing plugged in, just talked to my Vita and my friends voice came out the speakers along with the game audio. Quality was decent.

Ahh i see.  Im just glad PSN is now getting Cross-Game Chat.  How many people can join at once btw?  We usually have anywhere from 2-8 people in our party in XBL/Steam so Im hoping around 10

I don't think there are enough Vita owners to test that.

I've seen screenshots with 6+ people in a party, so fingers crossed there can be lots.

Lol I don't even care about party chat. Why the hell do I want to talk to someone while I'm playing Battlefield and he's playing GT5. It just doesn't make sense to me as to why you would want to communicate with players who are playing different games. Just seems to cause confusion

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
JayWood2010 said:
brendude13 said:

I don't think there are enough Vita owners to test that.

I've seen screenshots with 6+ people in a party, so fingers crossed there can be lots.

That is true lol  Ill wait patiently to find out withh the PS4 XD

It's like having your own clan vent/mumble/teamspeak server, sometimes chatting with the pubbies sucks.

it's very important for me. when i play as example halo online i love to talk at the same time with friends who play gears or fifa. i almost always have a chat when i play online or singleplayer if story isn't relevant. but i only care about it to talk with real life friends and not some people i only know from some online matches.

people often say it destroys the teamplay in online matches but seriously, when i play some halo or whatever the random matchmaking people don't really talk with each other which means i destroy nothing for them if i don't talk with them for some tactics. it's something different if you play with a group of friends the same game but then i don't have people in the chat who play something else.

riderz13371 said:
Lol I don't even care about party chat. Why the hell do I want to talk to someone while I'm playing Battlefield and he's playing GT5. It just doesn't make sense to me as to why you would want to communicate with players who are playing different games. Just seems to cause confusion

Yeah, who wants to talk to friends that are doing different things? I refuse to reply to my friends texts if they are at the mall shopping and I'm at home eating. 

hollabackenny said:
riderz13371 said:

Yeah, who wants to talk to friends that are doing different things? I refuse to reply to my friends texts if they are at the mall shopping and I'm at home eating. 

Must...not...use...are...you..retarded...meme

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags