By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Party Chat that important?

Tagged games:

its a really good feature.

Around the Network

Yes! Party Chat it is really importante for online play. This is why i bought all my Call Of Duty and Battlefield titles on Xbox 360. Playing online with Party Chat makes all easier because we never lost contact with our friends, even in the loading screen. We already are in 2013 and unfortunatly we PS3 owners still only can send text message. It is really a shame.

This is one of the reasons why i can't wait for the PS4 release.

paulrage2 said:
Yes! Party Chat it is really importante for online play. This is why i bought all my Call Of Duty and Battlefield titles on Xbox 360. Playing online with Party Chat makes all easier because we never lost contact with our friends, even in the loading screen. We already are in 2013 and unfortunatly we PS3 owners still only can send text message. It is really a shame.

Are you serious?

JayWood2010 said:
Yes in a simple answer. Me and my friends always go into party chats to avoid listening to annoying people. Also it is nice if we are all playing different games.

If we play a multiplayer game on PS3 we actually leave our X360 on and use it's party chat sytem. No joke

I agree with you. I already did that sometimes.

I like to play my games undisturbed.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Deyon said:
paulrage2 said:

Are you serious?

Yes. It is true! I prefer my PS3 than my X360, because of the exclusive games, the Dualshock 3 and the Trophies. But at the same time i miss the party chat on PS3.

It's a nice feature for those who want to use it. Sometimes it's cool just to shoot the breeze while playing with friends and it's quick and easy to switch back to lobby chat while still being in a party.

trasharmdsister12 said:
When I used to play more multiplayer, party chat made Xbox LIVE a bearable and very enjoyable experience. What it does is separate you and your friends from all the other chatter going on in a game. Yeah, you can play different games and still chat, but you could also play the same game and chat independently of what everyone else is doing.

What this means is you don't get annoying people screaming or cursing or yelling derogatory slurs in your ears. Instead, you play with your group of friends who you enjoy talking to, coordinating with, and actually playing the way you guys like to play independent of what others are doing.

The party chat extends beyond that though in some games. It means you can move between playlists, custom games, and such as a group. For example, in Halo 3 they had custom games, matchmaking, co-op singleplayer, and theatre modes. When in a party, all your chatter is isolated to within your party but you can also jump between these modes as a group. Me and my friends would play a round of team slayer, then with just me (as host) moving to the theatre mode to check out our latest battle for strategy improvements, all my friends would also be there right away. There's no annoying leaving one mode and joining another individually and re-coordinating with invites and what not. I just go to theatre and everyone is just... there.

Same goes for changing between games. We'd all be playing Halo and then a couple of us would want to go play some co-op Fable. So we'd split into groups of two, split the chat and we'd be good to go with a quick disc change without having to deal with a whole lot of invitations and rejoining sessions, etc.

I haven't paid for LIVE in the last 2+ years because I don't have the time to sink into multiplayer games like I used to but I know that the party (chat) feature of LIVE actually made me want to use it and made online gameplay bearable for me personally.

This is spot on. To me, party chat is probably one of the best things about the Xbox 360. I use it almost everytime I'm on; I really can't imagine not using it at this point.

riderz13371 said:
hollabackenny said:
riderz13371 said:
Lol I don't even care about party chat. Why the hell do I want to talk to someone while I'm playing Battlefield and he's playing GT5. It just doesn't make sense to me as to why you would want to communicate with players who are playing different games. Just seems to cause confusion

Yeah, who wants to talk to friends that are doing different things? I refuse to reply to my friends texts if they are at the mall shopping and I'm at home eating. 

Must...not...use...are...you..retarded...meme

Logical... I love the typical "Well, we don't have that feature so I don't really see the point in it/I wouldn't even use it". Why can't people just accept that it's a good feature that people love to use, it has a good purpose and it would be nice to see Sony implement it in the PS4? No, instead we have to show how funny we are and threaen to post memes. Great. 

If MP games get better, it would get useful to have a good system that works independent of the game - something like teamspeak.