By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The bans in Jaywood's thread are laudable

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
these bans were needless.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5197418
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5197708

i avoided the thread for many reasons. my response may have been "i'm still having a hard time finding a reason paying for an online service, when some of the features i can get without the service $40 cheaper, meaning not paying for live to have netflix ect"

of course that would have been me opening up discussion expanding on the topic, but the bann feast shows i'd have been banned.

i didn't post because i thought it a fare deal, but $19-29.99 fits my price rang better. but it's also nice to know a none troll like myself could have got'n bannd for trying to create discussion.

He was given a warning and then decided to post this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5199636

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:

nope just saying you could be doing more poductive things lol like gaming even? 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Don't get yourself banned, dude. We can't handle anymore Sony casualties!!

as it should be

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Deyon said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

nope just saying you could be doing more poductive things lol like gaming even? 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Don't get yourself banned, dude. We can't handle anymore Sony casualties!!

lol i shouldnt be, i didnt personally attack him only stated he could be doing something more priductive then running around sony threads. although im a PS fan and hes a Xbox fan so its obviously in his favour. 

Another utter mod team failure. This site is beyond terribly modded, and opinions are treated as trolling, if they do not sit right with mods. I've seen it happen again and again, and it's just pathetic to watch. Grow up, and learn to accept other peoples opnion, even if they hurt your little feelings. I'll give my honest opnion on anything I like, and if I get banned by one of the incompetent mods, then so be it, it really will not be that big of a loss to me.

this post has been smited by axumblade, the incompetent (like I know what that means. e.e)

Around the Network
SwansVanTerif said:
Another utter mod team failure. This site is beyond terribly modded, and opinions are treated as trolling, if they do not sit right with mods. I've seen it happen again and again, and it's just pathetic to watch. Grow up, and learn to accept other peoples opnion, even if they hurt your little feelings. I'll give my honest opnion on anything I like, and if I get banned by one of the incompetent mods, then so be it, it really will not be that big of a loss to me.

btw, i'm not calling you a baby

pezus said:

Basically this means that, for example, posts saying PS Plus isn't worth it are bannable. Or the eventual "PS4 is too expensive for what it offers"

There might be a difference between "PS4 is too expensive for what it offers" (your example) and "Who is so stupid to pay that much for this piece of crap".

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Akvod said:
You can't define trolling as whatever you want. It's very disturbing to see that an OP can define trolling as a negative opinion and that the moderating team would ban people for that.

I give another example: I have a thread for people to gather for playing the upcoming MH3U together online. If people would come in and claim MH3U looks shit I would be upset. If I make a post claiming MH3U is great (or that I think MH3U is great) and people come in and say MH3U looks like shit I would disagree but not be upset. What is the difference?

First is a service for some readers of VGC that are interested in it. Same with JayWoods thread about the XBL-offering. People coming in to criticise the game/the service/the console are destroying the service offered by the thread for users interested in it. These people don't care, because they don't own the game/the service/the console in the first place. That is rude. That is like scratching cars of others.

Second example is offering an opinion for discussion. If others post differing opinions that the point of the thread in the first place.

If you can't see the distinction (and many other posters too) that is a bad sign for discussion-culture on VGC.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I don't see how it is trolling when someone posts what he thinks is a good deal and people state their opinion that they think it is not a good deal for them. It's the same when someone posts a "deal" for Vita memory cards, 95% of the responses will be "still too much, I can get 32gb for 20 bucks for my 3DS" and I think it's totally legit.

But I have already learned to stay away from MS threads as mods are just way more sensible when it comes to MS than everywhere else, and thats a fact. When I posted my negative opinion about Dishonored I was answered with "you have bad taste", "you suck" and "you are not a real gamer" instead of reasonable points why I'm wrong and the amount of shits given from mods amounted to zero. I haven't reported anyone though, maybe thats essential.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

The internet needs less opinionated people who lack any sort of free thought and critical thinking skills, just like majority of today's university students.