By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gunman Clive, the answer to all my pleas

I've really enjoyed the NSMB series. And people who single out Nintendo for not making new IPs really need to look at the industry in general, as most instances of new IPs are from companies that don't already have many established brands anyway.

I've been meaning to check out Clive, though.

Around the Network

Fun game and worth the 2 dollars. Nowhere close to NSMB though.

It's quirky and fun. The speed of the character and the tightness of the controls could be better though.

But it's well worth the price.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

I'm not sure I can appreciate your good-will. You are much too disrespectful for me to do that.

I'd like you to know that gaming isn't my life, so if a game doesn't suit me the world doesn't end there and then.... I don't need your help I'm not a spoiled child. I'm actually a grown 28-year-old man with a steady job and good friends, I just have certain tastes and I like to discuss them.

If you actually took the time to read closely the post you quoted in this thread, the very first post you quoted, I expressed that Gunman Clive aced presentation and delivered on the gameplay and gave me an experience I considered enjoyable. It is only normal for me to project what I consider of value onto the products I observe.

if I noticed that the music in Gunman Clive is of higher quality than the music in NSMB, is it possible, just for a moment, that I have possibly better musical taste than you do when it comes to video game music? Is it possible that since I have a taste for presentation, I have a better understanding as to what gets people than someone who doesn't care about presentation altogether?

See, to me, that makes sense. What you're saying about me asking for my tastes and imposing them on everyone is just a point of view that's stuck in some kind of antagonistic perspective that I will never, and don't ever want to understand.

Do you sip wine when playing video games?

You really do act like a snob that reminds me of people who are in awe of modern art in a gallery and look down upon everyone who doesn't see things in the same way. It's okay if you like Gunman Clive, but to act like this is how Nintendo should make and price their games is wrong.

Pro-tip: If you have Mazty supporting your case, then you are probably on the wrong track.

morenoingrato said:

See, the problem is you [happydolphin] can't take any negative response, yet you create these thread for the sole purpose of bashing the Mario series and it's fanbase. You are just thirsty of attention.

Spot on. I was invited to this thread via wall post.

I actually regretted this after... and will not invite you anymore. After 2 years, you'd think that you would get that it's not about bashing the Mario series, nor its fanbase, but about talking about what could make the games better. It seems like the series can do no fault so I'm done. I'm done talking about what could be better and then treated like a snob, a heathen or an ignorant. I'm done talking about this. I'm done with you Rol, and I'm done with this stupid topic.

Pro-tip: If you're belittling points based on who said them, you know you're a snob yourself.

Moreno, I understood you. You believe that Nintendo can do no wrong, and that their games are perfect as they are. Feel free to believe what you want, but I don't want to talk to you ever again if that's ok with you. Please don't talk to me anymore.

happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

I'm not sure I can appreciate your good-will. You are much too disrespectful for me to do that.

I'd like you to know that gaming isn't my life, so if a game doesn't suit me the world doesn't end there and then.... I don't need your help I'm not a spoiled child. I'm actually a grown 28-year-old man with a steady job and good friends, I just have certain tastes and I like to discuss them.

If you actually took the time to read closely the post you quoted in this thread, the very first post you quoted, I expressed that Gunman Clive aced presentation and delivered on the gameplay and gave me an experience I considered enjoyable. It is only normal for me to project what I consider of value onto the products I observe.

if I noticed that the music in Gunman Clive is of higher quality than the music in NSMB, is it possible, just for a moment, that I have possibly better musical taste than you do when it comes to video game music? Is it possible that since I have a taste for presentation, I have a better understanding as to what gets people than someone who doesn't care about presentation altogether?

See, to me, that makes sense. What you're saying about me asking for my tastes and imposing them on everyone is just a point of view that's stuck in some kind of antagonistic perspective that I will never, and don't ever want to understand.

Do you sip wine when playing video games?

You really do act like a snob that reminds me of people who are in awe of modern art in a gallery and look down upon everyone who doesn't see things in the same way. It's okay if you like Gunman Clive, but to act like this is how Nintendo should make and price their games is wrong.

Pro-tip: If you have Mazty supporting your case, then you are probably on the wrong track.

morenoingrato said:

See, the problem is you [happydolphin] can't take any negative response, yet you create these thread for the sole purpose of bashing the Mario series and it's fanbase. You are just thirsty of attention.

Spot on. I was invited to this thread via wall post.

I actually regretted this after... and will not invite you anymore. After 2 years, you'd think that you would get that it's not about bashing the Mario series, nor its fanbase, but about talking about what could make the games better. It seems like the series can do no fault so I'm done. I'm done talking about what could be better and then treated like a snob, a heathen or an ignorant. I'm done talking about this. I'm done with you Rol, and I'm done with this stupid topic.

Pro-tip: If you're belittling points based on who said them, you know you're a snob yourself.

Moreno, I understood you. You believe that Nintendo can do no wrong, and that their games are perfect as they are. Feel free to believe what you want, but I don't want to talk to you ever again if that's ok with you. Please don't talk to me anymore.

damn lmfaoooo  why so serious

Around the Network

No, I do not believe that. Nintendo games are flawed, but changing core aspects and adding gimmicks that would detract from the overall game is a preposterous proposal.

It's fine, I will stop replying to you. It's so sad you act that way, and it's clear you will keep acting offended and defensive as soon as someone doesn't agree with you.

It's not worth discussing with someone so childish.

morenoingrato said:
No, I do not believe that. Nintendo games are flawed, but changing core aspects and adding gimmicks that would detract from the overall game is a preposterous proposal.

It's fine, I will stop replying to you. It's so sad you act that way, and it's clear you will keep acting offended and defensive as soon as someone doesn't agree with you.

It's not worth discussing with someone so childish.

You are offensive, hence why I'm offended. I can take disagreement, I don't enjoy offensive attitudes and people.

If you consider presentation a gimmick, then how can you judge presentation? If I value presentation, it puts me in a position where my judgement on presentation has more value than yours, because I care and pay attention, you don't.

The game surely does look good. I've yet to watch the Trailer so far, will do so soon.
I don't know if I'll buy it, though. I don't think I'll ever buy a game off of the eShop.

RolStoppable said:
I watched the trailer of this game when it was put on the eShop and decided that €2 is too expensive for the displayed physics and gameplay. This is no Mega Man. This is no Mighty Switch Force. This isn't even a Mutant Mudds.

So how long is it?

For 2 monies, you get a nice little Mega Man ripoff that lasts for an hour to play through. You also get two extra difficulty levels and two bonu8s characters. Across the hour of gameplay, you get some nice music, a few fun bosses, a fair amount of gameplay variety, a cool mechanic or two, and a silly premise.

It's no Mega Man, but I never regretted spending my two money an instant. 

Love and tolerate.

NintendoPie said:
The game surely does look good. I've yet to watch the Trailer so far, will do so soon.
I don't know if I'll buy it, though. I don't think I'll ever buy a game off of the eShop.

Credit card issues?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)