By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gunman Clive, the answer to all my pleas

morenoingrato said:

WHY on Earth would Nintendo change a perfectly fine formula, adored by millions that is also very lucrative to catter to YOUR personal preference? This has always been the issue, and as always, you have never answered with an objective and rational answer.

It is my firm belief that the two are not mutually exclusive. I've already said so many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times.

And I've also mentioned many times that sales are also not the only measure for success.

The reason why I've answered these questions many times but you feel like I don't answer them is because, when you ask them, I don't want to answer.

Well, because I don't like talking to you.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
morenoingrato said:

WHY on Earth would Nintendo change a perfectly fine formula, adored by millions that is also very lucrative to catter to YOUR personal preference? This has always been the issue, and as always, you have never answered with an objective and rational answer.

It is my firm belief that the two are not mutually exclusive. I've already said so many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times.

And I've also mentioned many times that sales are also not the only measure for success.

The reason why I've answered these questions many times but you feel like I don't answer them is because, when you ask them, I don't want to answer.

Well, because I don't like talking to you.

And you base that on your opinion, which you consider a fact, that's not how discussing something works.

Yes, that's partially truth. It's also on how the consumers receive the product, which by the way, is mostly positive. Once again, it’s your versus millions of fans who are really fond of the series.

I have read your answers, very closely. It’s just that every time, you circle on that same old point and only keep losing respect from the community.

I’m not really fond of speaking to you either; so don’t glorify yourself. I reply because I would be harming you if let you stay on your own little world were people do whatever you want and everything revolves around you.

RolStoppable said:
I watched the trailer of this game when it was put on the eShop and decided that €2 is too expensive for the displayed physics and gameplay. This is no Mega Man. This is no Mighty Switch Force. This isn't even a Mutant Mudds.

So how long is it?

It's all "Cell-Shaded Graphics"

There are 20 levels & 4 Boss Battles, with some awesome levels and so fort.

And 3 different characters to play as.

Just play the entire game with the 3D ON.

morenoingrato said:

And you base that on your opinion, which you consider a fact, that's not how discussing something works.

Yes, that's partially truth. It's also on how the consumers receive the product, which by the way, is mostly positive. Once again, it’s your versus millions of fans who are really fond of the series.

I have read your answers, very closely. It’s just that every time, you circle on that same old point and only keep losing respect from the community.

I’m not really fond of speaking to you either; so don’t glorify yourself. I reply because I would be harming you if let you stay on your own little world were people do whatever you want and everything revolves around you.

I'm not sure I can appreciate your good-will. You are much too disrespectful for me to do that.

I'd like you to know that gaming isn't my life, so if a game doesn't suit me the world doesn't end there and then.... I don't need your help I'm not a spoiled child. I'm actually a grown 28-year-old man with a steady job and good friends, I just have certain tastes and I like to discuss them.

If you actually took the time to read closely the post you quoted in this thread, the very first post you quoted, I expressed that Gunman Clive aced presentation and delivered on the gameplay and gave me an experience I considered enjoyable. It is only normal for me to project what I consider of value onto the products I observe.

if I noticed that the music in Gunman Clive is of higher quality than the music in NSMB, is it possible, just for a moment, that I have possibly better musical taste than you do when it comes to video game music? Is it possible that since I have a taste for presentation, I have a better understanding as to what gets people than someone who doesn't care about presentation altogether?

See, to me, that makes sense. What you're saying about me asking for my tastes and imposing them on everyone is just a point of view that's stuck in some kind of antagonistic perspective that I will never, and don't ever want to understand.

You are not a spoiled child, but you are definitely trying as hard as you can to seem like one.

Better taste? Don't make me laugh. The whole premise of this, and the reason people ridicule you every time you start one of these "scenes" is because you have this despicable sense of superiority and act condescending to everyone else trying to discuss with you. So no, I do not believe in better "taste".

FYI, I also think he music is a very important aspect of videogames. I will not bring up Mario Galaxy's award winning soundtrack again because apparently it doesn't exist in your arguments.

See, the problem is you can't take any negative response, yet you create these thread for the sole purpose of bashing the Mario series and it's fanbase. You are just thirsty of attention.

Around the Network

Gunman Clive is pretty cool. Mario is also pretty cool. There is plenty of room for both games.

Maybe I'll check this out for $2.

I have to admit that I really dig the music.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

morenoingrato said:
happydolphin said:
morenoingrato said:

Oh dear, not again. -_-

Yup, again, you've brought your depressive attitude in a perfectly honest thread.

WHY on Earth would Nintendo change a perfectly fine formula, adored by millions that is also very lucrative to catter to YOUR personal preference? This has always been the issue, and as always, you have never answered with an objective and rational response.

Because that forumla isn't working anymore? Look at the Wii U sales, or lack of. 

Both Braid and Limbo showed just how outdated the standard SMB setup is. 

amp316 said:
Maybe I'll check this out for $2.

I have to admit that I really dig the music.

It's all "Cell-shaded Graphics"......so play with the 3D ON to enjoy.

It has 20 fun levels, with Level 7 & up being real entertaining. And it has 4 Boss Battles, with the Last 3 being pretty awesome.

And you can play as 3 different characters.

games looks all kinda of wack then i see its half an hour long? hell no to them getting my 2 dollars