By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global 2nd March Up

gigantor21 said:
Conegamer said:
gigantor21 said:
Really happy for the Vita, but I'd be surprised if we see it stay above 25k per week in Japan once the initial crush dies down in a few weeks. I don't think the price-cut would have nearly as much of an effect in the States; there were several software releases that dovetailed nicely with the cut in Japan. That's not happening here.

As for the Wii U...Lego City can't come out fast enough.

You spelt 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Bros. and Price Cut wrong.

Damn, they're putting all that out in 2 weeks? Nintendo's really cracking the whip, huh? :p

All I can say is "if only".

With all the delays lately with Wii U games, I'd be surprised if either MH or Lego City isn't delayed.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Why are people impressed at those Vita sales? Its absolutely abysmal outside of Japan.

Damage control much? No one is denying Vita sales aren't abysal in the US and EU. It's the week of the Japanese price cut, celebrate. Sales are high.

Conegamer said:
gigantor21 said:
Conegamer said:
gigantor21 said:
Really happy for the Vita, but I'd be surprised if we see it stay above 25k per week in Japan once the initial crush dies down in a few weeks. I don't think the price-cut would have nearly as much of an effect in the States; there were several software releases that dovetailed nicely with the cut in Japan. That's not happening here.

As for the Wii U...Lego City can't come out fast enough.

You spelt 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Bros. and Price Cut wrong.

Damn, they're putting all that out in 2 weeks? Nintendo's really cracking the whip, huh? :p

All I can say is "if only".

With all the delays lately with Wii U games, I'd be surprised if either MH or Lego City isn't delayed.

With Lego City, I doubt that. The head of the studio making it (IIRC) was going on and on about how it's gonna be the best game out on the system yet and will push consoles. Pulling a Rayman after that would be even more trolltastic than Ubisoft's delay.

I don't expect either Need For Speed or MH3U to do much in the States, whether delayed or not. One is a delayed multiplat, while the other is basically Super Monster Hunter Tri II Turbo. Capcom will be lucky as hell if MH catches fire because of that.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

For the millionth time it isn't the lack of games that is hurting the Wii U. The problem is that the console is just plain poorly designed. Which is exacerbated by the fact that Nintendo spent a good part of last generation alienating their core fan base, and actually losing the casual player base they originally pioneered. So there aren't a lot of customers left that might overlook the shortcomings of the consoles hardware and operating system.

A few games simply aren't going to redress this public perception. Nintendo would need a lot of high quality games, and more importantly not all of them catering to the same demographic. You know I have to say it even floating the suggestion that a fucking Lego game is going to help turn sales around. Has to be most absurd thing I have heard in quite some time. I don't care how desperate you are for some ray of hope. This game is not a system seller. No Lego game is a system seller, and there have been over a hundred of them made.

Monster Hunter might help in Japan, but I am seeing absolutely nothing with a firm release date that can even give Nintendo a foundation in the West. The console is just plain running out of momentum. The hardware isn't going to hold up sales until enough software arrives, and if the console bottoms out before that software gets here it will be way too late.

Nintendo should be concerned with those N. America sales. Even the 3DS is deeling bad there.

USA falling out of love with Nintendo/Mario?

Around the Network

Great Vita numbers! I'm sure someone will find a way to downplay the numbers though.

StaleCheetos said:
Great Vita numbers! I'm sure someone will find a way to downplay the numbers though.

Oh, that started several days ago. :p

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
Wii U slips below 30k, then. Not a good sign. Those games really need to come, and fast.

Where are teh YoY changes? I still expect Vita to be down like 50%...

Down something like 40% iirc. But that's because Vita launched the week before in Europe+USA. YOY comparisons should become more favourable soon.

I thought it launched this coming week in Europe, so it's only US and Japan currently? May be wrong.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

gigantor21 said:
StaleCheetos said:

Oh, that started several days ago. :p

The really entertaining ones are the people who said a few days ago, "44k is terrible I expected closer to 70k," and now have to backtrack and say, "60k is terrible I expected closer to 100k."

60k is pretty nice. Not bad at all. Vita has some games coming, hopefully it keeps some significant momentum going.

Anyone else thinking that the NA numbers for Vita are so low because they're anticipating a price cut like with Japan?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)