By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global 2nd March Up

carlos710 said:
Dissapointing Vita sales for a week with some big releases in Japan PLUS a price cut. I guess there is not much that Sony can do anymore.

Its odd, it had decent sales in Japan, meaning it reacted to said price cut and games, but whatever.

Around the Network

A pretty decent week for Vita. Shame it won't hold up, but least it'll get a boost for a while. Hate to say, but an extra 50k atop their usual sales isn't going to help their bottom line much. A world wide price cut is just a reasonable ask from the fans at this point.

Everything else...pretty okay. Nobody is exactly lighting fires right now.

Oh, look, Aliens: Colonial Marines are falling out the bottom of the chart! Ain't that just a shame...

I don't think WiiU will get much worse. Not below 20k anyway. I think this week or next will be its worst, then it will start to trend up.

NO ADJUSTMENTS THIS WEEK!

Look at the Vita! Hopefully it can continue with these sales in Japan for the next few weeks.

Around the Network

Same old same old. Vita benefiting more from a price cut than I thought but its bound to be short lived and the distance to the 3DS at this point is still a light year.

Can't wait for the holiday season when all 8th gen consoles are out, I'm also very excited to how the handhelds will hold up through this year and next.
Wii U needs those march games to work wonders, sadly though, those wonders will likely be as short lived as the Vita's surge from the price cut, if not even shorter, and it will certainly be smaller at any rate.

What's wrong with US hardware sales for the month of February? everything looks massively undertracked here.

Xbox 360 - 201.839
PS3 - 129.505
3DS - 73.179 (lol)
Wii U - 37.783
PSV - 21.609

NPD February 2012

Xbox 360 - 425.000
PS3 - 350.000
3DS - 260.000
PSV - 225.000 (launch month)

I apologize in advance for my bad english.

So where is the Vita gonna stabilize at? 30k? Perhaps 40k? Will the Wii U continue to drop? Will the PS3 see a drop next week?

Everything is doomed! Doomed I say! Perfect time for dear uncle Scrooge to buy himself some gaming companies... which one will it be? The totally-doomed Sony? The newly doomed Nintendo? The soon to-be-doomed Microsoft? Oh who cares? I'm just gonna buy all of them! If the decline keeps up I may be able to purchase the whole industry with just my number one dime... except I won't. Because my number one dime is worth more than that. Obviously.

*Laughs*

Why are people impressed at those Vita sales? Its absolutely abysmal outside of Japan.