By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global 2nd March Up

pezus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I don't think WiiU will get much worse. Not below 20k anyway. I think this week or next will be its worst, then it will start to trend up.

Why? It's not until the end of March that it gets some games (game?) that could push it.

I would call the 18th more the middle of March. I would expect a very slight boost up then, and then a significant jump in Japan from DQX on the 30th.

Around the Network

yea i figured Vita would be in the 80k's this wk. hoping for a boost during GoW wk PS3.

MystVearn said:

What's wrong with US hardware sales for the month of February? everything looks massively undertracked here.

Xbox 360 - 201.839
PS3 - 129.505
3DS - 73.179 (lol)
Wii U - 37.783
PSV - 21.609

NPD February 2012

Xbox 360 - 425.000
PS3 - 350.000
3DS - 260.000
PSV - 225.000 (launch month)

man , It's 2013 now

MystVearn said:

What's wrong with US hardware sales for the month of February? everything looks massively undertracked here.

Xbox 360 - 201.839
PS3 - 129.505
3DS - 73.179 (lol)
Wii U - 37.783
PSV - 21.609

NPD February 2012

Xbox 360 - 425.000
PS3 - 350.000
3DS - 260.000
PSV - 225.000 (launch month)

We finally realized that we are broke.

Wii U slips below 30k, then. Not a good sign. Those games really need to come, and fast.

Where are teh YoY changes? I still expect Vita to be down like 50%...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Really happy for the Vita, but I'd be surprised if we see it stay above 25k per week in Japan once the initial crush dies down in a few weeks. I don't think the price-cut would have nearly as much of an effect in the States; there were several software releases that dovetailed nicely with the cut in Japan. That's not happening here.

As for the Wii U...Lego City can't come out fast enough.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

I find myself less interested in VGChartz numbers this week than I am in the impending NPD report.

gigantor21 said:
Really happy for the Vita, but I'd be surprised if we see it stay above 25k per week in Japan once the initial crush dies down in a few weeks. I don't think the price-cut would have nearly as much of an effect in the States; there were several software releases that dovetailed nicely with the cut in Japan. That's not happening here.

You spelt 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Bros. and Price Cut wrong.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
gigantor21 said:

You spelt 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Bros. and Price Cut wrong.

Damn, they're putting all that out in 2 weeks? Nintendo's really cracking the whip, huh? :p

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Vita right up there with Xbox 360! Wow. Lets hope it keeps this up. A price cut is needed in the US.