By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global 2nd March Up

KHlover said:
Holy shit at that Vita numbers. Seems like I jumped at the bandwagon at the right time :D

Never underestimate the power of PlayStation.

Around the Network

damn that cgi-quality graphics thread let me forget to check if we got new sales^^

aliens almost out of the top 30 in the third week lol

For some reason I can see them cutting the prices of both the PS3 and the Vita before E3. And the price of the 360 may drop even before then. But I think Microsoft will announce the next XBOX AND drop the price at the same time...

ON TOPIC:

Good to see the Vita putting up some decent numbers even though it did HORRIBLE in N. America 5k...WOW. PS3 seems steady and in line with what it has been doing since Jan....down YOY but still looking good. 360 is just a MONSTER in N. America it is CRAZY how it still sells so well. WiiU needs prayers or some new games ASAP. 3DS not too bad but for some reason I just expect more from it. Everything else....meh

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

3DS is God.

just saw that japan got a big ps3 sales jump (+40% or so), was that because of the vita price drop? or did it get an important game?

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
just saw that japan got a big ps3 sales jump (+40% or so), was that because of the vita price drop? or did it get an important game?

Two new colors, red and blue

Deyon said:
KHlover said:
Holy shit at that Vita numbers. Seems like I jumped at the bandwagon at the right time :D

Never underestimate the power of PlayStation.

Well, I bought one myself just 2 days ago :D

@train wreck and pezus

ahh thanks, i thought they released those already some weeks ago.

I mentioned back in early January that Nintendo products will be hindered the most from the payroll tax increase and sequester (which I honestly though they would resolve). With parents taking in less income, that means less disposable income for buying electronics for their kids. With kids not having any income or jobs, we are starting to see the effects of that. The 15k total for the 3DS is only 3x that of the "dead" vita and the Wii U still under 10k. Playstation and Xbox360 cater to a different demographic (the core), men 18-40 who, while still getting less income, still will buy their consoles and games, also the fact they are at their respect ends of console lives.

Lack of titles (which is not really the case as we have had high profile games release pretty much every week) are not helping any system either and the normal spring thaw appears to be skipping this year.

Dissapointing Vita sales for a week with some big releases in Japan PLUS a price cut. I guess there is not much that Sony can do anymore.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"