By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global 2nd March Up

the_dengle said:
I find myself less interested in VGChartz numbers this week than I am in the impending NPD report.

people keep telling me when NPD numbers are but i keep forgetting. when are they again?

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Carl2291 said:
Why are people impressed at those Vita sales? Its absolutely abysmal outside of Japan.

Damage control much? No one is denying Vita sales aren't abysal in the US and EU. It's the week of the Japanese price cut, celebrate. Sales are high.

Damage control? U wot m8? What damage was caused exactly that needed to be "controlled"?

It recieved a pricecut in Japan and was outsold in Japan by over 25% by the 3DS. It sold less than 15k in the rest of the World. Less than DS, Wii and Wii U. Those sales are nothing to celebrate

Why is 3DS selling bad in North America?
But it's doing very good in Japan.

Oh, and good for the Vita, I knew it wasn't dead.

AshKetchum1992 said:

Hummmm... so it is like every week since release? 3DS sells realy great in Japan and meh in EU or US.

ethomaz said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Hummmm... so it is like every week since release? 3DS sells realy great in Japan and meh in EU or US.

Ethomaz, Why has there not been adjustments like at all lol for anything.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Why are people impressed at those Vita sales? Its absolutely abysmal outside of Japan.

I have absolutely no idea.  The numbers are incredibly bad outside of Japan and in Japan they are round about the least you would have expected.  Its actually down quite a bit YOY globaly. Not great and the next few weeks will decide its fate.   

No they won't. What will decide Vitas fate is how it sells post price cut in America/Europe. Until that happens,  it will continue to sell horribly. It's gone months selling horribly, it can survive a few more. I'm betting Sony is waiting to time the price cut with some big Vita titles. Probably near the holidays.

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:
Carl2291 said:

Damage control much? No one is denying Vita sales aren't abysal in the US and EU. It's the week of the Japanese price cut, celebrate. Sales are high.

Damage control? U wot m8? What damage was caused exactly that needed to be "controlled"?

It recieved a pricecut in Japan and was outsold in Japan by over 25% by the 3DS. It sold less than 15k in the rest of the World. Less than DS, Wii and Wii U. Those sales are nothing to celebrate

Look at Vita sales last week, now look at Vita sales this week. That's a big increase that needs to be celebrated. Vita has been called dead for months now and at least in one region, it is selling in reasonable amounts. Yes it is selling lower than the 3DS, but that is expected. No one is/was expecting Vita to ousell the 3DS IN ANY REGION.

Are you implying that this Vita price cut was supposed to increase sales past 100k or something? Was there some huge AAA game releasing last week as well? That answer to both of these is NO. I'm sure sales for this week are within Sony's expectations expetations. I know they blew away mine.

pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Bad numbers all round, particularly from the newest 3 devices. 

YOY:

PS3: Down 47% Awful

360: Down 43%. Awful

wii: Down 71%. Dead 

3DS: Down 22%. Poor

PSV: Down 31%. Awful considering a big price cut in Japan. 

Ok, don't take into account that PSV just launched last week (looking at last year)

Dude, don't even bother replying to posts like that lol.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Farsala said:

Ethomaz, Why has there not been adjustments like at all lol for anything.

I really don't know... I asked the same thing to ioi today but the NPD is next week so just a little wait because after NPD we always have adjustments.

bananaking21 said:
the_dengle said:
I find myself less interested in VGChartz numbers this week than I am in the impending NPD report.

people keep telling me when NPD numbers are but i keep forgetting. when are they again?

I haven't heard anything, but if I had to guess, sometime within the next week.