By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

i got it today :) can't wait for getting started

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Huh, seems Carpenterbugs are new to Tri U, while the Monster Hunter wiki hasn't quite caught up with it yet. Fortunately found a thread on Gamefaqs.

I do have the materials for a R. Ludroth set, so i should be ready to join up this weekend.

Miiverse helped me to find Carpenterbugs, but I'm a bit shocked they cannot be put into the farm.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Bajablo said:
Conegamer said:
Bajablo said:
Conegamer said:
Bajablo said:
Anyone wanna play some tonight?
I'm HR2 atm. and trying to get the hang of some of the bigger baddies :)
(Europe servers)

I'd join but I don't have access to the game. Mnementh will, though.

ok cool, just got home. uhm.. so exchange skype details or something?

I don't do that stuff I'm afraid

Just let us know here or by PMing to get us going, there's voice chat in game. I won't have access for 3 weeks, but it'll be clear when I do.

more than it's pretty hard doing this on a forum :P
but ok.

gameName:VGhere
pass: vgcz
FreePlay3 - Lobby5

Sorry. Was with friends watching movies yesterday. Today I travel to my parents, they don't have Wifi-internet, so I will be able to access VGC over easter but not to play online. Tuesday I can make it again.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Barroth. Also easier than Qurupeco

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If you hate the original Qurupeco then you're gonna despise the crimson Qurupeco lol. If you haven't fought it already that is.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

Aww c'mon, it's not that bad...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

Aww c'mon, it's not that bad...

I honestly don't know what it is with him. Barroth i didn't even need to use all the first-aid meds. (part of that is about my new armor, which ironically would set me up even worse for Peco because now i'll burn like a torch if he touches me with that fire attack).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

what weapon are you using? o_O;

Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

Really? I remember losing to Barroth multiple times in Tri before I got him. He really felt like the gatekeeper to the next tier of monsters. I haven't tried him in Ultimate yet because the fear still lingers.

Qurupeco does seem tougher than I remember, but I was still able to kill him first try. Maybe a change of weapon?

On the whole, this game feels easier than Tri to me. Subquests seem to be gone, harvesting resources is easier, food buffs seem more powerful and less arcane... even rare drops seem far less rare. I've bagged 3 Royal Ludroths and got three tails for it (thanks Cha-cha). Maybe I'm just more familiar this time around, or maybe Capcom decided that adding tons of extra content means you don't need to make people farm the lower tiers as much.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

Really? I remember losing to Barroth multiple times in Tri before I got him. He really felt like the gatekeeper to the next tier of monsters. I haven't tried him in Ultimate yet because the fear still lingers.

Qurupeco does seem tougher than I remember, but I was still able to kill him first try. Maybe a change of weapon?

On the whole, this game feels easier than Tri to me. Subquests seem to be gone, harvesting resources is easier, food buffs seem more powerful and less arcane... even rare drops seem far less rare. I've bagged 3 Royal Ludroths and got three tails for it (thanks Cha-cha). Maybe I'm just more familiar this time around, or maybe Capcom decided that adding tons of extra content means you don't need to make people farm the lower tiers as much.

hohoho, online is where it's at man! by hr2 or 3, you are already duking it out with 5 star offline monsters.