By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thief announced for PC/PS4 and other next-gen console

hivycox said:

There is also no reason why they didn't name the next Xbox "Microsofts next console". It makes sense they only named the PS4 and PC version because it seems like they are the lead platforms for this game!

They can't because Microsoft's next console doesn't exist until Microsoft says so. Just like The Witcher 3 is coming to PC, PS4, and "next gen consoles". It's all silliness, of course, but there you go.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I never got why when they announce a game they show us concept art.

They tried with announcing with an interpretive dance once but it failed miserably.

Signature goes here!

Mummelmann said:
Hmm, I'm glad that its finally being announced, it was long in the coming. I'm worried though, the main focus will likely lie on consoles, meaning a bad UI and only okay-ish controls.
I also fear for the gameplay, the purebred stealth and slow and meticulous style that the Thief series is built upon and that sets it apart from other games is bound to be forced away for a more fast paced action oriented style with more emphasis on antics and "cool" mechanics, takedown animations and perhaps even QTE's.

I want this game to be a good Thief game, so so badly but I know in my heart that this won't be the case.

I have the feeling you're right.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Sold. Next gen is going to be so awesome. PS4/720 are going to have some great launch titles.

badgenome said:
hivycox said:

There is also no reason why they didn't name the next Xbox "Microsofts next console". It makes sense they only named the PS4 and PC version because it seems like they are the lead platforms for this game!

They can't because Microsoft's next console doesn't exist until Microsoft says so. Just like The Witcher 3 is coming to PC, PS4, and "next gen consoles". It's all silliness, of course, but there you go.

Yeah I know that but you are saying that next-gen consoles doesn't involve the Wii U without having any proof whatsoever!

Is the Witcher 3 coming to PS3 and 360?

Around the Network
hivycox said:

Is the Witcher 3 coming to PS3 and 360?

No.

hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

"Square Enix plans to release Thief for PS4, PC, and other next-gen platforms sometime in 2014."

Apparently not.

if there is no wii U version, what are the other platformS??

NextBox most probably but since it's not officially announced they didn't list it.

yeah but the nextBox is only one console. They are talking about next-gen platforms, so the Wii U will a get Thief too since there aren't any next gen consoles left (Steambox is up in the air)

Doesn't even look like the Wii U will even be able to handle that game. Nintendo screwed up big time.

crissindahouse said:
pezus said:

Wasn't a PC gamer until 2005 and I don't play many old games, unless they're outstanding.

ohh i see, i started playing on pc with windows 2.0 and ms-dos games^^

Windows 2.0? Someone had this? I already feel strange for owning Windows 3.0 (Win3.11 was the popular one).

I played games on DOS until Starcraft.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

They specifically mention the PS4, which hasn´t even been released yet (but now has an official name) but don´t mention the Wii U, which has been in the market for almost four months, why is that?...because probably there´s no Wii U version.

'Next gen platforms' just sounds better than 'that next unannounced MS console' or 'that other next gen console'.

JGarret said:
They specifically mention the PS4, which hasn´t even been released yet (but now has an official name) but don´t mention the Wii U, which has been in the market for almost four months, why is that?...because probably there´s no Wii U version.

'Next gen platforms' just sounds better than 'that next unannounced MS console' or 'that other next gen console'.

Ubisoft anounced Watch dogs for ps4 before Wii U