By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thief announced for PC/PS4 and other next-gen console

hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

"Square Enix plans to release Thief for PS4, PC, and other next-gen platforms sometime in 2014."

Apparently not.

if there is no wii U version, what are the other platformS??

NextBox most probably but since it's not officially announced they didn't list it.

yeah but the nextBox is only one console. They are talking about next-gen platforms, so the Wii U will a get Thief too since there aren't any next gen consoles left (Steambox is up in the air)

Doesn't even look like the Wii U will even be able to handle that game. Nintendo screwed up big time.

??? source? if you're talking about the graphics: It doesn't look better than games with CryEngine3... And to my knowledge that works on the Wii U just fine!

Have you seen Crysis 3 on the PC versus consoles? Imagine they put that game on next gen consoles it would look almost as good. Theres no argument here.

Yerli stated that Crysis 3 runs beautifully on the Wii U. It's surely better than current gen consoles. What a shame that it isn't coming out.

The Wii U is highly customized and nobody can really say how powerful it is.
Furthermore the gap between the Wii U and the PS4 won't be as big as it was in the 7th gen. So the Wii U will get more 3rd party support than last gen!

You don't have any legit arguments to make. All you do is bashing the Wii U despite knowing the whole truth.

It runs smoothly, beautiful...as in its a successful but dumbed down port for the PS3/360. The Wii U is only slightly better than current gen consoles, it isn't next gen when it comes to specs.

It's perfectly fine...LOL...I don't need you to believe me...just watch the Wii U get overlooked for yourself. The next gen console not named is the next Xbox. The PS4/Xbox720/PC will be sharing the majority of next gen multiplats. The Wii U cannot handle it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

"Square Enix plans to release Thief for PS4, PC, and other next-gen platforms sometime in 2014."

Apparently not.

NextBox most probably but since it's not officially announced they didn't list it.

yeah but the nextBox is only one console. They are talking about next-gen platforms, so the Wii U will a get Thief too since there aren't any next gen consoles left (Steambox is up in the air)

Doesn't even look like the Wii U will even be able to handle that game. Nintendo screwed up big time.

??? source? if you're talking about the graphics: It doesn't look better than games with CryEngine3... And to my knowledge that works on the Wii U just fine!

Have you seen Crysis 3 on the PC versus consoles? Imagine they put that game on next gen consoles it would look almost as good. Theres no argument here.

Yerli stated that Crysis 3 runs beautifully on the Wii U. It's surely better than current gen consoles. What a shame that it isn't coming out.

Furthermore the gap between the Wii U and the PS4 won't be as big as it was in the 7th gen. So the Wii U will get more 3rd party support than last gen!

You don't have any legit arguments to make. All you do is bashing the Wii U despite knowing the whole truth.

It runs smoothly, beautiful...as in its a successful but dumbed down port for the PS3/360. The Wii U is only slightly better than next gen consoles, it isn't next gen when it comes to specs.

Fine...LOL...don't believe me...just watch the Wii U get overlooked for yourself.

and again you make stuff up. Who said it is a dumped down version? nobody!

The Wii U is the PS3 of next gen. Hard to developed for but more powerful than everyone expects.

hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

Apparently not.

It runs smoothly, beautiful...as in its a successful but dumbed down port for the PS3/360. The Wii U is only slightly better than next gen consoles, it isn't next gen when it comes to specs.

Fine...LOL...don't believe me...just watch the Wii U get overlooked for yourself.

The Wii U is the PS3 of next gen. Hard to developed for but more powerful than everyone expects.

The Wii U is the Wii of the next gen without the casuals bolstering its sales. The weakest in specs hence why it gets no multiplats for two gens straight once the next console launches. Nintendo can in no way be equated to Sony.

Your sig makes a world of sense now.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

Apparently not.

The Wii U is the Wii of the next gen. The weakest in specs hence why it gets no multiplats.

Well we will see that.

hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

Apparently not.

The Wii U is the Wii of the next gen. The weakest in specs hence why it gets no multiplats.

Well we will see that.

Have you ever wondered why the third party devs demanded specs from Sony and Microsoft and not Nintendo? Look it up, nowhere did they ask Nintendo because Nintendo never listens. Sony followed through with the 8GB of ram devs specified that they needed from the next gen consoles, and Microsoft will follow suit as well. Nintendo is behind and pretty much last gen in specs. Look at the PS4 spec sheet and the Wii U.

Around the Network
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

Apparently not.

Well we will see that.

Not worth it man. He does this all the time.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Thief 4? Where the hell was thief 1-3?

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

AlphaCielago said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pachofilauri said:
badgenome said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Though Wii U version?

Apparently not.

Well we will see that.

What happens if I am correct? You know full well that is the crux of the issue. The porting issue to the Wii U was one i've been warning about for a long time. Its been a gaming media concern as well and Nintendo will feel the burn with lack of multiplats for it. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AlphaCielago said:
hivycox said:
Well we will see that

What happens if I am correct? You know full well that is the crux of the issue. The porting issue to the Wii U was one i've been warning about for a long time. Its been a gaming media concern as well and Nintendo will feel the burn with lack of multiplats for it. 

I'm  not doubting that this game won't come to the Wii U I'm neither doubting that the Wii U will have mediocre third party support. However, I just don't know why you write this all the time. Wii U will obviously have mediocre third party support, but the way you wrote it sounds to me that you think that you are always correct. I don't disagree, neither do I agree all the way with most of you posts. I'm most of the time actually on the latter.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Looks good. No chance for Wii U, or are they merely leaving it open-ended on that front? I can only imagine one more next-gen console...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.