By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSV Senran Kagura sales exceed 120,000 copies

Conegamer said:
Pretty good to hear, but looking at the pre-orders I was expecting around 80-100k, so 120k including digital downloads, and bundles would not be too surprising.

No offence but... did you?  :P

I seem to remember it ending up with about 90-100 points on COMG, then we get the old "but it's Sony-sided!" so everyone seemed to subtract some points based on that.  If you bucked this trend and predicted it would actually do better than that, then kudos to you.

(Plus, we had people like this guy saying that a 70-80k FW was unrealistic :P)

OT: Fantastic news.  And gonna be another great case of studying physical sales vs. digital downloads to see what kind of numbers Vita is getting from downloads.  Although stock shortages, so I hope it's not another Demon Gaze case where we see ~ 50% due to there just being no hard copies.

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
I will laugh if this outsells Soul Sacrifice first week...

wouldn't be surprise since Senran Kagura already has the animation popularity in japan but Soul Sacrifice is a new IP...

120.000 is a milestone now?

Lostplanet22 said:

For Senran Kagura, yeah. It's about twice the opening of the other two games.

Lostplanet22 said:

No offense, but it blew both the previous 3DS games out of the water in sales if you look at the OP. Also the battle system is far superior now. It's big for them.

And it's the number MAQL decided to make their announcement at, so that's their milestone. I can't control that.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:

every tenth vita owner in japan bought that game in the first week of release, i think that is very good, yes. (even if some games were bought in combination with the vita and the price reduction)

Fine it is just sound like a silly milestone =p.

Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:
Pretty good to hear, but looking at the pre-orders I was expecting around 80-100k, so 120k including digital downloads, and bundles would not be too surprising.

No offence but... did you?  :P

I seem to remember it ending up with about 90-100 points on COMG, then we get the old "but it's Sony-sided!" so everyone seemed to subtract some points based on that.  If you bucked this trend and predicted it would actually do better than that, then kudos to you.

(Plus, we had people like this guy saying that a 70-80k FW was unrealistic :P)

OT: Fantastic news.  And gonna be another great case of studying physical sales vs. digital downloads to see what kind of numbers Vita is getting from downloads.  Although stock shortages, so I hope it's not another Demon Gaze case where we see ~ 50% due to there just being no hard copies.

The download sales are estimated to be around 10,000 if we go with the last time with Demon Gaze and Monpiece and the rating x20 factor. It has a bit over 500 ratings when I last checked. However there's a chance it could be even higher this time around...

BaldrSkies said:
Lostplanet22 said:

No offense, but it blew both the previous 3DS games out of the water in sales if you look at the OP. Also the battle system is far superior now. It's big for them.

And it's the number MAQL decided to make their announcement at, so that's their milestone. I can't control that.

but but...how is that possible with the vitas install base being so low!!

HeavenlyWarrior said:
MANUELF said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Awesome! I've been playing this the whole week-end and it's really great. Hopefully the series stays on Vita from now on, because graphics & animation are a great leap forward compared to the 3DS ones.

Anyway can't wait for Vita hardware numbers!!!!!!

Looks like 35k http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48901278&postcount=1462

I think we're having translation problems, I think he means the sales are 4x times the cumulative sales of 2 weeks, and not the sales of two weeks ago

it doesn't make any sense comparing to 2 weeks ago number

yeah must be that. So 80Kish... Too bad, I hoped for 100K+. Will be tight with 3DS unless there's a Layton boost to some extend.