By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSV Senran Kagura sales exceed 120,000 copies

Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:
Pretty good to hear, but looking at the pre-orders I was expecting around 80-100k, so 120k including digital downloads, and bundles would not be too surprising.

No offence but... did you?  :P

I seem to remember it ending up with about 90-100 points on COMG, then we get the old "but it's Sony-sided!" so everyone seemed to subtract some points based on that.  If you bucked this trend and predicted it would actually do better than that, then kudos to you.

(Plus, we had people like this guy saying that a 70-80k FW was unrealistic :P)

OT: Fantastic news.  And gonna be another great case of studying physical sales vs. digital downloads to see what kind of numbers Vita is getting from downloads.  Although stock shortages, so I hope it's not another Demon Gaze case where we see ~ 50% due to there just being no hard copies.

I remember someone asking about the points system and I was saying that 1 point is around 1k, though sligthly moreso for Nintendo consoles. I used this, Shining Ark and Professor Layton as examples, and I said about 80k then about 10k for Digital Download. Then Immortal started asking people for predictions so I reeled some off. I'm a bit under, but still in the ball park. Will try to find the post

Actually this may be it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Also this 35k thing seems low, but not out of the realms of possibility. Would probably be the absolute lowest I could imagine though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This 35k seems wrong, as 30k silver vitas were shipped (at least thats what i heard somewhere) and with the selling out stuff that would mean there was like only 5k of other colours in stock... but maby... well see....

BaldrSkies said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Awesome! I've been playing this the whole week-end and it's really great. Hopefully the series stays on Vita from now on, because graphics & animation are a great leap forward compared to the 3DS ones.

Anyway can't wait for Vita hardware numbers!!!!!!

Do you find Yagyuu's aerial spam to be a little bit broken?

you mean in single or multiplayer? When you play as or against her?

ryuzaki57 said:
BaldrSkies said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Awesome! I've been playing this the whole week-end and it's really great. Hopefully the series stays on Vita from now on, because graphics & animation are a great leap forward compared to the 3DS ones.

In all circumstances really. That really doesn't change the attack being broken... It's even worse when playing against the hard mode CPU though because she spams it pretty constantly and the level is higher.

Around the Network

wondering what happen to same day release with better popularity title Phantasy Star Online 2...??

how come no news about it at all...? maybe it didn't sell well as expected...??

HokageTenshi said:

wondering what happen to same day release with better popularity title Phantasy Star Online 2...??

how come no news about it at all...? maybe it didn't sell well as expected...??

It's a free to play game that can be downloaded for free (and has been out on PC for months). So only people who are after the bonus items or don't have the storage space will buy the physical copy. According to Tsutaya though it sold just under Senran Kagura.

So this basically outsold the LT sales numbers for all previous 3DS Senran Kagura games in the first week with shortages? Fantastic news. It will definitely pass them combined as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Just got the game today. it's really fun and addicting, I put the game in my vita because i wanted to see how it looked, ended up playing Katsu-ne entire missions.

Katsu : "I will become a sexual molester" :p
Anyways good for them.

BaldrSkies said:
ryuzaki57 said:
BaldrSkies said:
ryuzaki57 said:

In all circumstances really. That really doesn't change the attack being broken... It's even worse when playing against the hard mode CPU though because she spams it pretty constantly and the level is higher.

I didn't notice anything special when playing against her (it was normal difficulty though). The only broken character is Ryona imo : she has a pretty long reach and she acts awfully fast.