By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Will Have Load Time

Akvod said:
keroncoward said:
enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
kitler53 said:
they talked about 2 features.

1) start playing a game while it is still downloading MINIMIZING the amount of time you have to wait to play.

2) a console pause system that allows you put the system into a sleep mode and RETURN TO YOUR GAME with no load times. (this is the same feature vita already has and it is awesome)

...don't dig on sony for your inability to listen to the words they are saying.

So the console WILL have load times. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

lol he cleared up something that you pulled straight out of your ass..

They never said that the PS4 will have no load times

I caught the load time part before i was kicked out..

They did claim no load time but it was after a game is in the pause menu. It had nothing to do with what you guys were claiming about improved load times by a bit either so i guess you pulled something out your ass also.

You're so fucking dense. Not a single person in this thread has backed up you. You were (and still are) too lazy to tell us what statement you were talking about, and then like an asshole tell us to look for what YOU'RE talking about because you're too lazy.

The emotions are strong in this one

Around the Network

someone lock this thread please.

keroncoward said:

Not the same thread.....im asking why thay claimed the system will have no load time yet they have a patent to detect it. Will change the title then...

The confusion is strong in this thread.

The Sony patent has nothing to do whatsoever with "having no load times or not having load times". The patent "simply" measures the time to load some amount of original game code and the time it takes to load the same original game code on your console. Assuming the code has not been tampered with, both times should be equal, obviously. If you have code on your console where some hacker has removed copy protection code or added additional code to circumvent copy protection, then your time will differ from the time unaltered code would show. So Sony can determine whether you run hacked code or not. This procedure actually can work (unlike some people think that I've seen on other forums arguing it won't work due to "aging of drives" or other purported traps). Circumventing this detection system could be done eventually, but would likely require quite some substantional work to add to "simply hacking" original code.

Even if load times and the initiate game are seemless, unnoticable, or "instant". There is still a "load time". If it is instant to play there is still loading done in the background. That is what the patent is tracking, not how long you see a loading bar at home.

Think Starhawk. From the main menu you select start campaign and it goes straight into the opening movie and right after that finishes into gameplay. Loading can be done in the background while other things are happening and prevent loading screens. That's on PS3 hardware too, so I'd image the multitasking, streaming, secondary cpu for downloading will all have positive effects on our start to play ratios.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

keroncoward said:
enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
kitler53 said:

1) start playing a game while it is still downloading MINIMIZING the amount of time you have to wait to play.

2) a console pause system that allows you put the system into a sleep mode and RETURN TO YOUR GAME with no load times. (this is the same feature vita already has and it is awesome)

They did claim no load time but it was after a game is in the pause menu. It had nothing to do with what you guys were claiming about improved load times by a bit either so i guess you pulled something out your ass also.

nah i said that it was what i "took" from that part of the conference while you are saying that they "did" say that PS4 would have no load times

your ass is the only ass that is being fiddled with

Edit: you also just low-key admitted that you DID pull that claim out of your ass with this --> i guess you pulled something out your ass also

;)

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
kitler53 said:

nah i said that it was what i "took" from that part of the conference while you are saying that they "did" say that PS4 would have no load times

Edit: you also just low-key admitted that you DID pull that claim out of your ass with this --> i guess you pulled something out your ass also

;)

pathetic attempt to cover your damage control tracks.

keroncoward said:
enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
kitler53 said:

;)

pathetic attempt to cover your damage control tracks.

damage control for what?

BasilZero said:

When you load a game before actually playing it - it'll scan it to see if its legit software.

No loading times in gameplay.

^ I assume?

According to the people here there will be load times. The only place there would not be load time is when you are in the home menu (kinda like the Wii U) and you come out the home menu to resume your game. Everything else will have load times according to people here.

keroncoward said:
Flame said:
You're taking Sony's marketing too seriously.

Im not supposed to take their marketing seriously? I guess youre absolutely right about that.

Everything has a load time no matter how small.

It should be obvious on what he was trying to do.  Oh I don't know.. Make the console look flawless?

lol nintendo fans are getting more and more desperate

first of all they never said there will be no load times, they said that the console will restart from a low power standby mode immediately
( obviously reffering to boot up times not load times )

secondly is there even indication at all that the patent applies to the ps4? ( i haven't bothered to look myself )