By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Will Have Load Time

keroncoward said:
bananaking21 said:
so were bashing the PS4 for having load times now?

Im asking why Sony said it will have no load time at their conference when it obviously will.

And here comes someone who just wants to bash something without a bit of a thinking, try playing Uncharted on PS3 or even God Of War 3, there's an initial loading and then you can do the whole game in one go without loading. That's what it means, no loading at all is impossible. Impossible, you know. (or hidden in an initial cinematic)

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
keroncoward said:
bananaking21 said:
so were bashing the PS4 for having load times now?

Im asking why Sony said it will have no load time at their conference when it obviously will.

And here comes someone who just wants to bash something without a bit of a thinking, try playing Uncharted on PS3 or even God Of War 3, there's an initial loading and then you can do the whole game in one go without loading. That's what it means, no loading at all is impossible. Impossible, you know. (or hidden in an initial cinematic)

but the thing is no loading was never announced... they were reffering to initial boot up times on the console from standby mode

o_O.Q said:

lol nintendo fans are getting more and more desperate

first of all they never said there will be no load times, they said that the console will restart from a low power standby mode immediately
( obviously reffering to boot up times not load times )

secondly is there even indication at all that the patent applies to the ps4? ( i haven't bothered to look myself )

Even if he is a Nintendo fan, one person doesn't represent a fanbase. Cheap pot shot.

Sony has not said there would be no load times. Where are you getting this from? They said that you would be able to download PSN games and beginning playing before it's completely downloaded and they said that you could put a game into stasis (like the Vita) and resume with the push of a button. They've also said that you'd be able to instantly check a game out on the store with Gaikai to see if you would like to buy it, but not ONCE have they said there would be no load times.

Yet more childish pettiness.

The PS5 Exists. 

keroncoward said:
Somini said:
Sorry man but this has been posted before :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155815&page=1

Not the same thread.....im asking why thay claimed the system will have no load time yet they have a patent to detect it. Will change the title then...

What nonsense. You should hear better or listen twice next time. They said at the conference they wanna make load times of the console booting non existent, they were talking about the Suspend mode, not the actual disc loading times. Even games on SSDs require loading times.

Around the Network

Yes! There will be no load time if u resume a game. Just like there are no game on Wii U

Roar_Of_War said:
o_O.Q said:

first of all they never said there will be no load times, they said that the console will restart from a low power standby mode immediately

secondly is there even indication at all that the patent applies to the ps4? ( i haven't bothered to look myself )

Even if he is a Nintendo fan, one person doesn't represent a fanbase. Cheap pot shot.

well recently i've seen several others behave like him, it seems to me that the ps4 announcement had a very profound effect on many of your buddies

pezus said:
keroncoward said:

They did claim no load time but it was after a game is in the pause menu. It had nothing to do with what you guys were claiming about improved load times by a bit either so i guess you pulled something out your ass also.

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. They never said "no load times for games". 

Dude should get better pair of ears because he's blaming others for his misunderstandings.

o_O.Q said:
Roar_Of_War said:
o_O.Q said:

well recently i've seen several others behave like him, it seems to me that the ps4 announcement had a very profound effect on many of your buddies

After what happened with Vita, I don't see why they would be worrying. It's all about the games in the end.

o_O.Q said:
Roar_Of_War said:
o_O.Q said:

Im asking a question. If a question has a whole fanbase so butthurt its not my problem. As someone else pointed out I should not take Sony's marketing so serious and i suggest you do the same.