Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Will Have Load Time

bananaking21 said:
keroncoward said:
bananaking21 said:
keroncoward said:
bananaking21 said:
keroncoward said:
bananaking21 said:
so were bashing the PS4 for having load times now?

Im asking why Sony said it will have no load time at their conference when it obviously will.

when did they say that? i remember them saying it will improve load times. atleast get the source of them saying that

They said so at the conference. Did you miss it? Im not going to watch through 2 hours just to pick out a specific part just to prove something we all know they claimed. Sugar coat it all you want but no load time means no load time period....

we all know they claimed? but thats the thing, you seem to be the only person to "know" that they claimed this

Youre obligated to believe whatever you like. I seem to be the only one that thinks no load time means no load time. You and someone else here telling no load time means "improved load time byt a bit". Im the crazy one here it seems...

i just dont remember them saying no load times.  and fyi even if they said that, that patent could use backround load times to tell if the game is pirated or not. so your just making a big deal without even knowing every piece of information

Im making a big deal without knowing every piece of information? I asked a question which was meant to try and figure out more informmation as to what is going on. How am i the one making a big deal without having any information?

Around the Network

they talked about 2 features.

1) start playing a game while it is still downloading MINIMIZING the amount of time you have to wait to play.

2) a console pause system that allows you put the system into a sleep mode and RETURN TO YOUR GAME with no load times. (this is the same feature vita already has and it is awesome)

...don't dig on sony for your inability to listen to the words they are saying.

Everything takes time. Even if it seems instantaneous, it takes time. Pirating seems to take more time. They were mainly talking about downloads.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

keroncoward said:
bananaking21 said:
so were bashing the PS4 for having load times now?

Im asking why Sony said it will have no load time at their conference when it obviously will.

First of all its a patent like the Discs with rfid chips in it to prevent used copies but that doesn't mean Sony used the patent its just one of thousands of patents.

Also no load times are impossible with Discs/HDDs and even SSDs still need 5 seconds to load all 8gb. But that doesn't mean that the load times will be very noticeable. Loading and installing can run in the background while part of the game streams already and this patent could measure the load times in the background. Load times will still be there because of Bluray/Harddrive bottleneck. But Sony can work around that and make it a non-issue.

kitler53 said:

1) start playing a game while it is still downloading MINIMIZING the amount of time you have to wait to play.

2) a console pause system that allows you put the system into a sleep mode and RETURN TO YOUR GAME with no load times. (this is the same feature vita already has and it is awesome)

So the console WILL have load times. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Around the Network

Sony said that the console boot up will be instant. So you can just hit one button to resume playing from where you left off without any latency. They didn't say anything about load times. Load times are still there but given that most games will probably need to be installed, they should be a lot shorter.

keroncoward said:
kitler53 said:

lol he cleared up something that you pulled straight out of your ass..

They never said that the PS4 will have zero load times

I caught that part before i was kicked out..

Of course there will be load times. How on earth should they get rid of those? But they will be significantly lower. A gae obviously needs to write something into the Memory at its first start, that will take some time, even with GDDR5. But once that's done, depending on the game there should be no more noticeable load times inside the game. but it really is up to the developer if there will be load times in a game or not. Sony just can't build some miracle hardware that takes the loading time out of every sloppy programmes game. But remember Uncharted? That thing took quite some time at it's first start. But after that, you won't notice any more loading times, even though the game doesn't even need an installation and runs straight from the Blu-Ray. Sure, the loading is there, but Naughty Dog has hidden it so well that almost every gamer won't notice. Now imagine what is possible with the PS4 if something like that can be done on the PS3.

Just like the graphics and everey other aspect of the game, loading times are purely up to the developers. You know, the best hardware in the world ain't worth nothing if you don't know how to use it.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
kitler53 said:

They never said that the PS4 will have no load times

I caught the load time part before i was kicked out..

They did claim no load time but it was after a game is in the pause menu. It had nothing to do with what you guys were claiming about improved load times by a bit either so i guess you pulled something out your ass also.

keroncoward said:
enditall727 said:
keroncoward said:
kitler53 said:

They never said that the PS4 will have no load times

I caught the load time part before i was kicked out..

They did claim no load time but it was after a game is in the pause menu. It had nothing to do with what you guys were claiming about improved load times by a bit either so i guess you pulled something out your ass also.

You're so fucking dense. Not a single person in this thread has backed up you. You were (and still are) too lazy to tell us what statement you were talking about, and then like an asshole tell us to look for what YOU'RE talking about because you're too lazy.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags