By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec says GT6 is coming to PS3 this year (NEW UPDATE: Sony refused to deny the rumors)

Tagged games:

It will probably be released for PS3 and PS4.

Around the Network
pezus said:
BluGamer23 said:
pezus said:

At least Sony will have one home console selling well...lol

oh YAYER!.. lets celebrate!

all developers should focus on last gen console coz thats where the moneys at! .. 

Wrong. Look at what Ubisoft said on the front page. PS4 will have no problem with games either

haha ubisoft.. lol good one.

Oh hell no!

I want to see GT6 running in glorious next gen graphics, even if it's on both consoles I really hope they make the PS4 version considerably better. I want to see what Ponyphony can do with the PS4.

Said it ages ago that Prologue on PS3 with the full game on PS4 could be a possibility.

Stupid idea.

Andrespetmonkey: A agree that it will boost PS4 sales but in the end it depends on which sony make more money. Software for GRan Turismo 6 or PS4 sales if not sold at a loss of course. What is better for sony?

If they will release GT6 for both consoles than they know why the did that.

Around the Network

geez, pitting their new ps4 up against their biggest franchise. with the ps4 not having BC it just seems like a terrible idea. sure, support the ps3 for a while but why use the biggest franchise you have.

SunofKratos said:
Andrespetmonkey: A agree that it will boost PS4 sales but in the end it depends on which sony make more money. Software for GRan Turismo 6 or PS4 sales if not sold at a loss of course. What is better for sony?

If they will release GT6 for both consoles than they know why the did that.

In the long run, PS4 exclusivity will be more beneficial. It'll give PS4 a massive boost, which has a massive knock-on effect (more people buying software, more people using the services on it, more people buying PS4 because their friends have it etc.), and GT6 will still sell a fuckload even if only on PS4, those games have amazing legs. That increased marketshare for PS4 is so much more valuable than the extra million or so sales you may get if it was on PS3.

If they really bring it to the PS3, Polyphony will skip the PS4 completely.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

zero129 said:

They didnt?, Well i guess if you count demos as games they didnt go 3 whole years. But if you only include their Main line GT games they have been getting longer and longer to make

GT1-2 = 2 years

GT2-3 = 2 years

GT3-4 = 3 years??

GT4-5 = 5 years

So yeah as you can see their dev time have been growing a lot. i mean 5 years to make a game means you need to get your studio in check imo.

I don't understand the bolded line of argument.  I'm not defending the way Polyphony do things because it's a pretty cack-handed way of releasing games.  But people like to say "Omg they take forever to release games" like they don't do anything in between. If you count full games they've developed, it's a lot more like:

GT1-2 = 2 years

GT2-3 = 1 & a half years

GT3-4 = 3 & a half years (with a prologue in between)

GT4-TT = Just over 1 year

TT-GTPSP = 3 & a half years (with a prologue in between)

GTPSP-GT5 = 1 year

So yeah, the longest dev time they've had been full titles has never been longer than 3-and-a-half years, and whenever they've done that they released a prologue in between.  Going by that logic, we are due GT6 prologue some time this year, with the next full game coming in 2014.  I think the problem is that people expect more from them since Gran Turismo is Sony's most important franchises; and that teams like Naughty Dog & Santa Monica have quite frankly shown them up by demonstrating how to develop efficiently on PS3.

OT:  Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd just drop in conversation like that, especially among a list of already-announced games.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Would be an incredibly silly move if true, though.  I already think releasing God of War: Ascension of PS3 is a weird choice; GT6 on PS3 too would be like they don't even want PS4 to sell.  Maybe they don't.  Maybe they'll be selling at a loss from launch, so don't want to bring their system selling franchises too early :P

So no GT for PS4 anytime soon? That spells nothing but doom for PS4.