By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec says GT6 is coming to PS3 this year (NEW UPDATE: Sony refused to deny the rumors)

Tagged games:

Well this will fit my theoriy that GT6 will be release on both ps3 AND ps4. Are people really expecting Sony to ignore a userbase of more than 70 M people.That would be insane from a buisness point of view.

Around the Network
SunofKratos said:
Well this will fit my theoriy that GT6 will be release on both ps3 AND ps4. Are people really expecting Sony to ignore a userbase of more than 70 M people.That would be insane from a buisness point of view.

Exactly. Why even bother launching the PS4 at all. In fact they should make GT6 on PS2. 150 million is way more than 70 million. To ignore that HUGE user base would be insane!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From my business perspective putting GT6 and other huge games on a new console is just an extension of the red ocean strategy. Lose money now to make more money later.

I don't see it, I'm certain GT6 is in development for the PS4. All of Sony's games are set to release on the PS3 before the PS4 comes out and unlike third parties, they don't seem to want to do cross gen titles.

I'm betting GT6 is coming Christmas 2014 on PS4, enough time not to overshadow DriveClub but still quick enough to have a big affect on hardware sales :)

GT 1 and 2 were on PSX and GT 3 and 4 were on PS2 so it makes sense that if both previous systems got two GT games that the PS3 would get two GT games.

If I was Sony I'd drop support for the PS3 like a bad penny and move all development to the PS4. But since PS3 games can't run natively on PS4 porting them would be a bitch so maybe it is smart to let anything already in the oven finish baking. But they shouldn't make it a priority and maybe even move the project over to a secondary team so the primary team can start work on GT 7 for PS4 so the wait won't be as long as it was for GT 5.

At JoeTheBro: You see it a little wrong. From the 150 M userbase from the pS2 there arent many people left which buy games for the PS2 anymore.

From the 70 M + userbase from the pS3 there are many people which still buy software for the PS3 and will not upgrade to a PS4 the first day.

Plus there will be many people which buy a PS3 at a low price point.

The PS3 still has the opputurnity to sell another 20 M units if handled right.

It would be insane to ignore this market.

Around the Network
SunofKratos said:
At JoeTheBro: You see it a little wrong. From the 150 M userbase from the pS2 there arent many people left which buy games for the PS2 anymore.

From the 70 M + userbase from the pS3 there are many people which still buy software for the PS3 and will not upgrade to a PS4 the first day.

Plus there will be many people which buy a PS3 at a low price point.

The PS3 still has the opputurnity to sell another 20 M units if handled right.

It would be insane to ignore this market.

It was a sarcastic double joke. Read the second half of my post.

ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
GT6 could be for PS3 considering each PS generation always has 2 GT games. If that is the case, hopefully GT6 will also be released for the PS4.

And GT6 for PS3 and GT7 for PS4 with close releases.

EPIC!

dreaming.. wake up ! .. 

its going to be rough for PS4 .. PS3 will be more attractive with its huge library and cheaper cost.. 

GT6 on PS3 sounds like an awful decision, as they added a hell of lot of content to GT5 - what's there to improve with another PS3 version? get rid of cardbox trees?

pezus said:
BluGamer23 said:
ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
GT6 could be for PS3 considering each PS generation always has 2 GT games. If that is the case, hopefully GT6 will also be released for the PS4.

And GT6 for PS3 and GT7 for PS4 with close releases.

EPIC!

dreaming.. wake up ! .. 

its going to be rough for PS4 .. PS3 will be more attractive with its huge library and cheaper cost.. 

At least Sony will have one home console selling well...lol

oh YAYER!.. lets celebrate!

all developers should focus on last gen console coz thats where the moneys at! .. 

enditall727 said:
We will never see a Gran Turismo release on PS4 is this dumb sh!t is true

it's useless to release GT6 on ps3 at this point

Its not useless if they want to make money. Also, its probably been in development for a while now.