By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec says GT6 is coming to PS3 this year (NEW UPDATE: Sony refused to deny the rumors)

Tagged games:

If Sony put their biggest system seller onto their last gen console and not their current one then they are retards.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

This doesn't really make much sense. Releasing God of War II for ps2 back in 2007 at least made some sense, because ps3 owners could still play it on their shiny new ps3s. The same isn't the case with ps4 and ps3 games, and there's bound to be a lot of crossover between people interested in buying a Gran Turismo title day one and those interested in buying a ps4 near launch. Get them to buy a ps4 then tell them to keep their ps3s plugged in so they can play GT6? It's an absurd idea.

The only way I could imagine this is possible is if Polyphony were working on a GT for Vita, and at some point they said "why not release it on ps3 too" and slapped a 6 on it.

And it's pretty clear they're already working on ps4 hardware (hell, they probably had a hand in designing it like other SCE developers):

Didn't God of War 2 arrive very late on PS2, well after PS3 launched?

superchunk said:
Didn't God of War 2 arrive very late on PS2, well after PS3 launched?

Yeah, but that was in Sony's "5 million will buy it even if it has no games" days.  Their approach has changed considerably since then, and it's most apparent in their remaining big ps3 releases (at least the ones we know about), as they are all set to release before ps4, while they've lined up their biggest studios to have ps4 titles ready within its first year.  Ready at launch, in the case of Geurrilla Games.  They took a similar approach with Vita, with Uncharted at launch and titles like LittleBigPlanet soon thereafter.

This is unlike ps3, where SCE's biggest developers had titles lined up for a year after launch at earliest, and studios like Sony Santa Monica were still releasing ps2 games six months after launch.

Also, read my post above.  The whole lack of BC thing further complicates this scenario and would make a GT6 for ps3 even more bizarre.

Would of been announced and probably released already if it were on PS3. Only reason why it wasn't at the conference is its pointless announcing it with Drive Club, it would completely dwarf the Drive Club announcement and DC will probably come out first so why not announce it first.

Around the Network

Err, either he's lying, which is stupid.

Or he's telling the truth, and GT6 really isn't coming to ps4, which is stupid.

The engine is there, the car models are there, they spent years constructing it, and they didn't stop after the game was released (check GT5 version 2). Now all that's left is re-use the engine, add more few cars, make another GT game, slap the number 6 on it = profit.

Perhaps GT6 Prologue as a cross-gen title and GT6 for PS4. Otherwise I doubt it.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I highly doubt GT6 is not coming to PS4. Either it will be on both systems or only on PS4 in my opinions. Though I can't back it up, it's just a guess really. It just seems kinda silly to not put such a powerful IP on a your new console. Especially when we all saw the Polyphony guy in that video praising the PS4.

The guy never says it isn't coming to ps4. Just that it is coming to ps3.