By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec says GT6 is coming to PS3 this year (NEW UPDATE: Sony refused to deny the rumors)

Tagged games:

teigaga said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
i knew GT6 would be on PS3. next gen systems will start off very slow. PS3 will remain the primary system for another 2 years yet.

Next gen has already started better then this one.

Watchdogs, Starwars1313, Metal Gear Solid, Witcher 3, Destiny, Dragon Age 3... and I'm sure plent more 2014 titles to be announced. Although not many of them are next gen exclusive I still think we will see a much faster adoption rate in regards to early adopter (hardcore gamers). 

All those games you are calling "next-gen" will be available for current consoles aswell except maybe for the witcher 3 wich will be on PC (unsure about star wars). Oops... so much for a meaningful next-gen.

Around the Network
Nem said:
teigaga said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
i knew GT6 would be on PS3. next gen systems will start off very slow. PS3 will remain the primary system for another 2 years yet.

Watchdogs, Starwars1313, Metal Gear Solid, Witcher 3, Destiny, Dragon Age 3... and I'm sure plent more 2014 titles to be announced. Although not many of them are next gen exclusive I still think we will see a much faster adoption rate in regards to early adopter (hardcore gamers). 

All those games you are calling "next-gen" will be available for current consoles aswell. Oops... so much for a meaningful next-gen.

I've already acknowledged that. Some may compare it to the wii U situation but its different in the fact that these games were made with next gen in mind, will arrive on ps4/720 systems on time (in some cases maybe even before ps3/360) and will be visibly better. Many Wii U titles had no obvious advantage over their ps3/360 counterparts other then having a map on the buttom screen and in some cases poorer graphical performance.

Having said that Dragon Age 3 and WItcher 3 are next gen exclusive and more will be announced, we haven't even reached E3 yet. On top of that sony are looking to have a strong first party line up early on With Killzone and Drive club confirmed launch titles, again more will be revealed and I'm sure Microsofts will be just as impressive. This is easily building up to the best start for a generation, the fact that some of the most exciting games are cross gen does not detract from it

teigaga said:
Nem said:
teigaga said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

All those games you are calling "next-gen" will be available for current consoles aswell. Oops... so much for a meaningful next-gen.

I've already acknowledged that. Some may compare it to the wii U situation but its different in the fact that these games were made with next gen in mind, will arrive on ps4/720 systems on time (in some cases maybe even before ps3/360) and will be visibly better. Many Wii U titles had no obvious advantage over their ps3/360 counterparts other then having a map on the buttom screen and in some cases poorer graphical performance.

Having said that Dragon Age 3 and WItcher 3 are next gen exclusive and more will be announced, we haven't even reached E3 yet. On top of that sony are looking to have a strong first party line up early on With Killzone and Drive club confirmed launch titles, again more will be revealed and I'm sure Microsofts will be just as impressive. This is easily building up to the best start for a generation, the fact that some of the most exciting games are cross gen does not detract from it

We dont know for sure that DA3 will be next-gen only, we know that it will be on next-gen for sure, but they havent ruled out PS3/360 versions and they were in development already so it sounds like a no brainer to release all.

Anyways i have to ask you how have those ports been helping the Wii U? Yeah they are better, and well worth it in my opinion, but it doesnt seem to be enough to get people to buy a new box. At the end of the day, its the exclusives. You say many more will be expected, but at least from third parties its very doubtful there will be any. They need the installed base of the PS360 to justify the investment.

I'm not so optimistic like you that we will see alot more in E3, and if we do i doubt it will be anything that will come out this year or early next year.

If this comes out for ps3, I think it would be coming to ps4 too. Either way I do't its a big deal, I hope we'll see far more exciting things at e3 then GTA6.

phenom08 said:
So no GT for PS4 anytime soon? That spells nothing but doom for PS4.

Well I think the announce of Drive Club showed that... GT for PS4 a little longer but I expect the GT6 for PS4 and not PS3.

Around the Network

it's probably coming to both. If GT6 is indeed secretly waiting in the wings for release this holiday for PS3, then I doubt SCE is interested in making PS4 owners wait another three years for a GT on their new console. They'll probably release the PS3 version alongside an up-scaled PS4 SKU.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Nem said:
teigaga said:
Nem said:
teigaga said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

We dont know for sure that DA3 will be next-gen only, we know that it will be on next-gen for sure, but they havent ruled out PS3/360 versions and they were in development already so it sounds like a no brainer to release all.

Anyways i have to ask you how have those ports been helping the Wii U? Yeah they are better, and well worth it in my opinion, but it doesnt seem to be enough to get people to buy a new box. At the end of the day, its the exclusives. You say many more will be expected, but at least from third parties its very doubtful there will be any. They need the installed base of the PS360 to justify the investment.

I'm not so optimistic like you that we will see alot more in E3, and if we do i doubt it will be anything that will come out this year or early next year.

In ways that are barely visible, hence why they dont help the system at all. We've all seen how star wars 1313, Watchdogs look on next gen systems and that is form everyone wants to play them in. For many core gamers at least, if they can afford the new systems, these superior cross gen title will still be a fair selling point. But you're right exclusives will be very important. It'll also be very important to see how far battlefield 4 and next gen COD can seperate themselfs from their current gen versions because that could be massive driving force for next gen adoption. 

With e3 we will undoubatbly see  a strong amount of next gen exclusive titles, they just may be unlikely to come out in 2014 (cyberpunk 2033)... But thats very typical for a systems 1st year.

GTPlanet says PD is involved in PS4 & Vita Hardware Development.

4gamer: A driving game called “Driveclub” has been announced as [a coming up] PS4 software. However, in Japan there’s Polyphony Digital and I think many people are looking forward to an announcement regarding *that* racing game. What [can you tell us] about this?

Yoshida: Key members of Polyphony Digital are involved in the very development of the PS4 and the PS Vita. I am thinking of asking them what’s going on with Gran Turismo, but related matters will be probably made clear by its representative Kazunori Yamauchi in due time.

http://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-involved-in-ps4-vita-hardware-development/

GT6 cross between PS4 and Vita? Cool.

It wouldn't surprise me. This would be like PS2's GOW2. Sony's last big exclusive for the system. I'm guessing it will be announced at E3, with a release in mid-late 2014. This would not only show Sony is still supporting the PS3 after its successor releases, unlike other console makers, but it would also not eclipse the release of Drive Club (should be a launch title or come shortly after.) Of course, with how easy it is to develop on the PS4, I would imagine GT7 will be out in '15 or '16.

taus90 said:
Weedlab said:
I'm torn by this. I was hoping it would release on the PS4 to boost sales of the system, but with it going to the PS3 it will definitely earn more $. Well, hopefully Sony can sell Drive Club as a good alternative. I intend to get it day 1 with the PS4, but most comments I read concerning purchasing the system didn't have Drive Club as title with it (Killzone was in almost every, not a surprise).

Same here I m looking forward to Driveclub the most, team based driving is really intriguing if I assume what that means (same as F1, with two or more drivers in a team, racing for points) second will be infamous Second Son and watchdog. killzone comes last.. this list could change after E3, but driveclub will be on top. 

Awesome! I'll see you on the race course then. :D

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS