By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec says GT6 is coming to PS3 this year (NEW UPDATE: Sony refused to deny the rumors)

Tagged games:

Doubt it. Given the online support and upgrades GT5 has gotten, there is no point in releasing GT6 on PS3

Given Yamas comments how easy PS4 is to dev on, its clear they are already hard at work on GT PS4

Around the Network

why dont they do a PS3 and PS4 version? they would raking in the $$$$$

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
why dont they do a PS3 and PS4 version? they would raking in the $$$$$
I think it's a little hard to make a GT for PS3 and PS4 at the same time.

zero129 said:
Subie_Greg said:
Don't see this happening

People love to make comments about PD taking so long to make a game, but PD has never went 3 full years without releasing a game. If they don't by fall 2013 it would be the first time. This is from GT5 dating all the way back to the first GT.

I doubt think GT6 won't be on the PS4

They didnt?, Well i guess if you count demos as games they didnt go 3 whole years. But if you only include their Main line GT games they have been getting longer and longer to make

GT1-2 = 2 years

GT2-3 = 2 years

GT3-4 = 4 years??

GT4-5 = 5 years

So yeah as you can see their dev time have been growing a lot. i mean 5 years to make a game means you need to get your studio in check imo.

Gran Turismo - 1997

Gran Turismo 2 - 1999

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - 2001

Gran Turismo 4 P - 2003 (not in U.S.)

Gran Turismo 4 - 2004

Tourist Trophy - 2006

Gran Turismo 5 P - 2007

Gran Turismo PSP - 2009

Gran Turismo 5 - 2010

PD actually does put out games on a regular basis. Not like Call Of Duty or Madden lol. But still pretty often 

Just to remember the PD have less than 120 employees... it's a small studio.

Around the Network

Maybe its a spin-off?

ethomaz said:
Just to remember the PD have less than 120 employees... it's a small studio.

Why wont they expand a la ND & SSM & GG?!

Well I'm curious. I was on IGN and they stated that Shuhei Yoshida from Sony Worldwide studious suggested that EVERY Sony owned developer is doing a game for PS4. So, does this mean PD is doing at least 2 games?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/every-sony-owned-studio-is-working-on-ps4-games

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:

Well I'm curious. I was on IGN and they stated that Shuhei Yoshida from Sony Worldwide studious suggested that EVERY Sony owned developer is doing a game for PS4. So, does this mean PD is doing at least 2 games?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/every-sony-owned-studio-is-working-on-ps4-games

Kaz (the GT one not CEO) said they are developing GT6 and GT Vita...

Due a lot of fans calling the site a bullshiter... they released the Audio with the interview part when the guy said the GT6 is coming to PS3.
http://audioboo.fm/boos/1236062-clip-from-interview-with-michael-denny-svp-scee-worldwide-studios?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#t=0m19s