By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else want the next Zelda to be like Twilight Princess?

Well?

Yes 105 53.85%

No 33 16.92%

I wouldnt mind it 48 24.62%

I want another Wind Waker 9 4.62%

Total:195

I personally don't care which art style Nintendo chooses. I have enjoyed almost all Zelda games so if the game is good I really don't mind how the game looks.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Wright said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Every single Zelda is magic. It's simply a given. I thought I cared about a certain graphical style vs another, but Skyward Swrod proved that it means nothing. When SS was first shown I was shocked by the weird style, but I ended up loving it n.n

Music is probably my most important aspect of a Zelda game, and this will always be a given, thankfully.

You! I was wondering when you'll reply in this thread. xD

haha I simply couldn't resist.

By the way OT: I voted yes, I'd love a new Zelda in TP style. That game seemed to have some extra magic :) To this day I still like to listen to the Zelda Symphony Orchestra's Twilight Princess performance ...M.A.G.I.C. *-* It gives me many feels

I know that's part of the music category, but a game's music is influenced by its style (deep, dark).

Trunkin said:
newwil7l said:
Max King of the Wild said:
I didn't like Twilight Princess all too much. I don't know if I just outgrown Zelda or if it was just strictly the Wii controls or Wii's terrible graphics (although Zelda was ahead of must titles in graphics department)

So the answer is no... I hope it's nothing like it.

Someone please answer, am I correct in seeing there are 2 Zelda titles on the wii? If so... I had no clue they released another one. Is it any good and should I pick it up?

Skyward Sword was the other. It was absolutely terrible 2nd worst Zelda ever after Wind Waker.

You know its true.

newwil7l said:

You know its true.

What, exactly, was wrong with WW as to be what you claim it to be?

Twilight Princess was downright dissapointing imo, the early trailers made this game look darker and more mature than the final results most temples were boring and the enemies and bosses were so easy it's not even funny.

The game also ended up being too much like OoT with realistic graphics to please the fans after Wind Waker's kiddy image. Please Nintendo, no more Twilight Princess.

Around the Network

Zelda U wishlist:

A Link to the Past sequencing
Majora's Mask sidequests and character development
Twilight Princess graphics style
Wind Waker's charm and scale
Ocarina of Time's dungeon design
Skyward Sword's...nothing...that game was so bad I couldn't make it past the 4th dungeon, damn was it boring as fu*ck
Oh, and it has to take place in the Hero's Defeat timeline.

Xxain said:
Absolutely not. Nintendo already has a wonderful mission for next zelda. Oot format that has been used up till now is stale beyond belief. I am happy Nintendo is doing away with it.

Ummm... the "OOT format" IS the Zelda format, and has been in place since A Link To The Past.  The original Zelda had a more open world feel to it since its design and progression structures were less linear than in later Zelda games.

Personally I'd like to see a Zelda game where you can choose your own path and progress as you like.  This is something that Zelda games have practically been begging for all these years, but has since been usurped by open world "sandbox" games.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

newwil7l said:
Trunkin said:
newwil7l said:
Max King of the Wild said:
I didn't like Twilight Princess all too much. I don't know if I just outgrown Zelda or if it was just strictly the Wii controls or Wii's terrible graphics (although Zelda was ahead of must titles in graphics department)

So the answer is no... I hope it's nothing like it.

Someone please answer, am I correct in seeing there are 2 Zelda titles on the wii? If so... I had no clue they released another one. Is it any good and should I pick it up?

Skyward Sword was the other. It was absolutely terrible 2nd worst Zelda ever after Wind Waker.

You know its true.

Oh, sorry, is today opposite day? I hadn't heard.

Hell yes the twilight princess graphics would fit well for the first new HD zelda. Though I love windwakers style the most of any game eva!

Wright said:
newwil7l said:

You know its true.

What, exactly, was wrong with WW as to be what you claim it to be?

It was too cutsey. I didn't like Links personality, it was all over the place etc.