By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else want the next Zelda to be like Twilight Princess?

Well?

Yes 105 53.85%

No 33 16.92%

I wouldnt mind it 48 24.62%

I want another Wind Waker 9 4.62%

Total:195

If you like the next Zelda for U to be darker, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask are still above anything in Twilight Princess.

If you want more hideous, terrific enemies, still Ocarina/Majora's combo is superior to Twilight Princess.

If you want a more obscure tone story in Zelda, still, Ocarina/Majora's is your choice.

If you want the game to have an artwork more similar to the Zelda's essence looks above to my other sentences.

Fighting the Evil King in Ocarina or the Demon Demise in Skyward Sword is darker than Zant or last minute not dark appearance of Ganondorf.

Phantom Ganon and Bongo Bongo are still more creepy than any boss in Twilight Princess. Ghirahim speechs are darker than Zant ones. Ganon's Castle is the most obscure dungeon compared to all of the ones in Twilight Princess. Looking at the moon falling, listening the final hours and getting the Fiercy Deity Mask in Majora's Mask is above than the twilight, Zant, Ganondorf, wolf Link and Palace of Twilight together.

And I'm just talking about 3D games, imagine if we take in count 2D games as for exampe Link's blood needed to resurrect Ganon in Zelda II or our quest in the Dark World in A Link to the Past.

I can understand people believing Twilight Princess is some what dark/obscure just by looking at it, but it is far from being the darkest Zelda.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

But my fav, dat great fairy weirdo laugh XP http://lolbot.net/pix/23564.gif

OMG, that's the best thing I've ever seen xD

Nintendo and PC gamer

newwil7l said:
Snesboy said:
Zelda U wishlist:

A Link to the Past sequencing
Majora's Mask sidequests and character development
Twilight Princess graphics style
Wind Waker's charm and scale
Ocarina of Time's dungeon design
Skyward Sword's...nothing...that game was so bad I couldn't make it past the 4th dungeon, damn was it boring as fu*ck
Oh, and it has to take place in the Hero's Defeat timeline.

I would love Zelda to return to that timeline.

I knew I wasn't alone!

I'd like it, Twilight Princess was my favorite in the series. I loved the atmosphere and the style. Hopefully Nintendo will remake for WiiU after Wind Waker.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

yes, guess im the only one that liked wolf Link, oh well.

Around the Network

I want less dialogue, more interesting combat, less puzzles, more replayability.

I don't wanna be bored in the first hour, slogging through cutscenes, talking to villagers in town, or hoarding freaking goats. I wanna be killing shit, quickly (see: NES Zelda). As for the art, don't care. Never had to worry about Zelda art / music, it's always great.

I don't hate the current 3D Zelda formula, but we've had tons already, and I'm tired of it. Skyward Sword was great in some areas, but embarrassingly bad in others. It's the first main Zelda I never bothered to finish. I definitely wanna see them try a game more focused on combat and exploration, like the 2D games did, with 3D combat (Skyward Sword). Something more like, Shadow of the Colossus filled with monsters, dungeons and items.

After the sales of Skyward Sword, and the sales of the Wii U, seems like a better time than ever to change it up.

Pavolink said:

If you like the next Zelda for U to be darker, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask are still above anything in Twilight Princess.

If you want more hideous, terrific enemies, still Ocarina/Majora's combo is superior to Twilight Princess.

If you want a more obscure tone story in Zelda, still, Ocarina/Majora's is your choice.

If you want the game to have an artwork more similar to the Zelda's essence looks above to my other sentences.

Fighting the Evil King in Ocarina or the Demon Demise in Skyward Sword is darker than Zant or last minute not dark appearance of Ganondorf.

Phantom Ganon and Bongo Bongo are still more creepy than any boss in Twilight Princess. Ghirahim speechs are darker than Zant ones. Ganon's Castle is the most obscure dungeon compared to all of the ones in Twilight Princess. Looking at the moon falling, listening the final hours and getting the Fiercy Deity Mask in Majora's Mask is above than the twilight, Zant, Ganondorf, wolf Link and Palace of Twilight together.

And I'm just talking about 3D games, imagine if we take in count 2D games as for exampe Link's blood needed to resurrect Ganon in Zelda II or our quest in the Dark World in A Link to the Past.

I can understand people believing Twilight Princess is some what dark/obscure just by looking at it, but it is far from being the darkest Zelda.

Although Majoras Mask is my favorite Zelda and is also the darkest. I dissagree with most of what you said.

Twilight Princess had way too much filler for my liking, I found it to be the least interesting game in the main series, so no.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

No I want a Skyward Sword type of Zelda.

Wright said:
Seriously, everyone here either loves TP or SS, or OoT as their favourite Zelda. No one here has ever played Majora's Mask? I could understand that the game has serious flaws, but I do think is the best Zelda game in story, character development and gameplay.

Majora's Mask is a masterpiece. It actually improves upon Ocarina in some ways. And I think the 72-hour timeline is the best hook in the series.

I would rank it third, after Ocarina and A Link to the Past.