By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else want the next Zelda to be like Twilight Princess?

Well?

Yes 105 53.85%

No 33 16.92%

I wouldnt mind it 48 24.62%

I want another Wind Waker 9 4.62%

Total:195

I would prefer it to be like Majora's Mask. A happy-go-lucky, kid friendly art style, yet the darkest Zelda game to date.

Around the Network

yes but without any form of transformation as I hated being a wolf. I just want to be Link and have different forms of transportation like a horse, boat and maybe even a flying beast.

but SS in HD and more polygons and high resolution textures would be awesome! but would be nice if it was a bit darker

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Wright said:
I would prefer it to be like Majora's Mask. A happy-go-lucky, kid friendly art style, yet the darkest Zelda game to date.

I wouldnt mind that either

It's an odd one because both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are great games - Wind Waker probably just edges out. Saying that Skyward Sword was probably one of my least favorite Zelda titles and that also opted for the more cutesy style.

I'd like a Zelda where there's just more reason to do things - as in some sort of relative (such as gran and sister in Wind Waker) I really think that helped push the story along a bit. In Twilight Princess it's more "yeah go and save the day because you are the chosen guy", where as in Wind Waker it's more "go and save your sister but just happen to discover you are the chosen guy on the way". No? Well I know what I mean.

But anyway either style is fine by me (or something completely different) :)

I daon't care, after playing WW, it opened my eyes to any graphical artstyle. It just has to relate to the franchise!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

Every single Zelda is magic. It's simply a given. I thought I cared about a certain graphical style vs another, but Skyward Swrod proved that it means nothing. When SS was first shown I was shocked by the weird style, but I ended up loving it n.n

Music is probably my most important aspect of a Zelda game, and this will always be a given, thankfully.

I want the next Zelda to be unique. It's time to stop living in the past.

miz1q2w3e said:
Every single Zelda is magic. It's simply a given. I thought I cared about a certain graphical style vs another, but Skyward Swrod proved that it means nothing. When SS was first shown I was shocked by the weird style, but I ended up loving it n.n

Music is probably my most important aspect of a Zelda game, and this will always be a given, thankfully.

You! I was wondering when you'll reply in this thread. xD

newwil7l said:
Max King of the Wild said:
I didn't like Twilight Princess all too much. I don't know if I just outgrown Zelda or if it was just strictly the Wii controls or Wii's terrible graphics (although Zelda was ahead of must titles in graphics department)

So the answer is no... I hope it's nothing like it.

Someone please answer, am I correct in seeing there are 2 Zelda titles on the wii? If so... I had no clue they released another one. Is it any good and should I pick it up?

Skyward Sword was the other. It was absolutely terrible 2nd worst Zelda ever after Wind Waker.

The reason that Nintendo is releasing an HD remake of Wind Waker is because they were using it to test the next Zelda. To me that means Nintendo is going to be using a more cartoony style, maybe a bit like Skyward Sword.

I personally prefer Zelda games to be more colorful and less dark in tone as Twighlight Princess.