By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A look back at the Gamecube: One of the most underrated consoles ever

I was just thinking about gamecube man! I loved the thing to death. Man, the games on the console were at the top of their game. My favorites are of course Mario Sunshine, MK: DD, PAPER MARIO: TTYD, Smash Bros. Melee, Tales of Symphonia, Zelda: Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, Metriod Prime Series, Star Fox, and so many more games. It would have had better sales if the discs didn't restrict the sizes to 1.2GB. When the PS2 had 4GB. So that's why we didn't get that great 3rd party support that PS2 got. The Final Fantasies, the CoDs, and all that jazz. Gamecube could handle the graphics that PS2 had if not better. Dragon Quest 8 would have been on Gamecube if the game discs were regular 4GB sized. Well, it was a fantastic console to say the least. Those were the days...

Around the Network

Best Nintendo console in my experience. I especially loved playing the MGS1 and RE1 remakes on it :)

For all the talk about how the Wii U will end up being "GameCube 2", you guys are bound to be very happy!...it´s even getting a Wind Waker remake.Now that´s a love letter to the Cube right there.

The GameCube is the absolute best console out there. The only downside to the GameCube was that it had no 2D Mario. Which is a sour surprise and one that surely gave it a limp against it's competitors.

Yeah it was awesome. Even today I replay most of the good games from back then. Poor Cube never got the respect it deserved. Yeah it missed on GTA but otherwise it had the games to sell far more than it did.

It should have released with online and standard DVDs and perhaps an extra button or two on the controller.

Then it would have been perfect.

Around the Network

The N64 didn´t have a 2D Mario game either, so the GC not having it wasn´t a surprise.

i think im one of the lucky ones who acutally have a gamecube with literally all epic games released on the same platform

n64=gc

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

It's my second favourite console of all time, just behind the N64.

Melee, Sunshine, Prime, Luigi's Mansion, RE4, WW, Twilight Princess, Crystal Chronicles and many more fantastic games.

Nintendo didn't sell many cubes, so I reckon they had more time to experiment more on the software department.

Sunshine, Wind Waker

Metroid Prime, Pikmin

They made some good new IPs and revived old ones during the GC days

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

GameCube to this day, is still the largest collection of games I have for any system I own. By far. Wii is probably second, then N64 is third, PS2, Xbox 360, etc.

GameCube had so many good games...

SSB Melee, Double Dash, Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, TTYD, Wind Waker, StarFox Adventures, Pikmin 2, Rogue Squadron 2 & 3, Viewtiful Joe (before it went multiplatform), and RE 4 (same)

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.