By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A look back at the Gamecube: One of the most underrated consoles ever

GameCube games more or less set my expectations of modern game design. Between Metriod Prime, Prince of Persia, F-Zero, Super Smash Bros., Pikmin, and Paper Mario, GameCube had no shortage of masterpieces (leaving out Resident Evil is quite intentional).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

I agree, it deserved far more sales. I'm playing through the Resident Evil remake at the moment, stunning game.

It's the only Gamecube game I currently own though, a lot of them are either too rare and expensive (especially in PAL regions) or have been released on current gen consoles in HD remakes or ports to the Wii.

If I had a Gamecube shortly after it had come out though, I would have been a very happy gamer.

Can anybody recommend me any more Gamecube games I should get?

The gamecube definetly represents a part of my childhood. I got it when I was 9 and weirdly, it was the hot thing in my family and in my school. Litterally all of my friends had gamecubes and all of my cusins had gamecubes. I actually never knew it was a big failure in terms of sales untill I joined vgchartz. Sunshine and windwaker gave me some great memories. I would absolutely love the wiiU to be a gamecube2 in terms of games, not sales.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

brendude13 said:

I agree, it deserved far more sales. I'm playing through the Resident Evil remake at the moment, stunning game.

It's the only Gamecube game I currently own though, a lot of them are either too rare and expensive (especially in PAL regions) or have been released on current gen consoles in HD remakes or ports to the Wii.

If I had a Gamecube shortly after it had come out though, I would have been a very happy gamer.

Can anybody recommend me any more Gamecube games I should get?

If you like the REmake, you might like Resident Evil Zero. It's an excellent RE game.

Another horror game -- Eternal Darkness -- is also excellent.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

If you like the REmake, you might like Resident Evil Zero. It's an excellent RE game.

Another horror game -- Eternal Darkness -- is also excellent.

Aha! Thanks for that, I completely forgot about Zero, I was meant to buy that.

Eternal Darkness has great reviews, I'll check that out too. Thanks.