By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A look back at the Gamecube: One of the most underrated consoles ever

Indeed. The amount of stunningly beautiful and addicting games is amazing:

- Super Mario Sunshine

- Luigi's Mansion

- Star Fox Adventures

- Metroid Prime 1/2

- F-Zero GX

- Super Smash Bros. Melee

- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II/III

- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!!

- Mario Party 5/7  (both vastly superior to MP4 in my opinion)

- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

- Mario Power Tennis

- Sonic Adventure DX/2 Battle/Sonic Heroes

- Pokémon Colosseum

So much goodness on a single console.

Around the Network

This is when super monkey ball was good lol

To the OP. Yes the Gamcube was great. A big part of me hopes the Wii U can capture the critical success the GC had and at the same time generate the sales the system deserves. Sadly, none of my closest friends are even remotely interested in the Wii U so I get the feeling I'll mostly be a solitary gamer on the system. Which to me is ironic since Nintendo systems were the ones I played the most with friends. I hope Nintendo drops a few bombs and encourages people to pick the system between this year and the next.

Personally, I'm waiting for a few things. Price drop and a new SKU with more capacity and a tablet with better battery life. However, if Zelda HD and Smash Bros. next drop before either then I'll get the current SKU to play with them. I'd want to get into those games day one.

Everyone has their preferences, but for me the Sony/Nintendo combo serves my needs well, so with that said I hope both do well and continue into the next generation(s). I don't care for MSFT's offerings, but I don't wish ill on them either. They too have contributed to my favorite hobby.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

i had the luck to go to e3 2002 and played wind waker, prime and sunshine in the same day. A triple release like that should have won the race. Especially since the competiton was so week that year. People play what their friends play... simple as that.

Gamecube was a disappointing console to me.
It wasn't bad, but it was below par with what I expected from Nintendo.

Metroid Prime, F Zero GX, and Resident Evil 4 were amazing, but Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures/Assault, and Zelda Wind Waker were serious letdowns.

The Wii was a return to form in my view.

Around the Network

GameCube was by far my favorite Nintendo system and is even better than the mighty PS2 when I look back.

Sadly I can't see the Wii U repeating this since it's nothing like the GameCube except for its sales.

u mean a console doesnt have to sell well to be amazing. fucking bs get out. if people dont like it then its obviously bad

The game cube was my favorite nintendo console hands down and it was such a shame that it didnt sell to well but have to commend nintendo for the work that they put into it.
XD

Am I the only one who thought the purple lunch box design was funky cool? :/

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Tied with the N64 as my favorite console of all time.