By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777
Joeybeta said:
I rarely ever post on this site ever but this caught my attention. As far as I read this thread up to page 5, people just seem to see you as a sony fan who has no idea what they're talking about. I myself, have been an Xbox/xbox360 fan for a very long time. In the end, I have been thinking over the past few months that I realized I've been virtually robbed by MS for at least 7 years. I've been paying to play online for far too long and it does feel like buying a ps3 over 360 could've been cheaper in the long run. I've also had a problem with my 360, TWICE. And guess what SINGLE franchise got me into the Xbox in the 1st place....Halo. I was a total Halo nerd for too long, and don't get me wrong, I still love Halo for it's universe, it's just that it's owned my MS that I feel is recently upsetting me. Well I don't want to get into so much detail now, but this is now coming from someone who now plays on PC/WiiU on a normal basis. I just want to support the OP that just because OP is a sony fan, shouldn't immediately make him biased against MS.

i feel the same way, somehow they managed to make us pay for something (live) making us beleive that it was not available in any other console. In microsoft defense i would say that they were the first ones to offer this service in a very useful way, but the fact that they started rising prices was plain insulting.

I am the new kid in town!!!

Around the Network
slow69 said:
Joeybeta said:
I rarely ever post on this site ever but this caught my attention. As far as I read this thread up to page 5, people just seem to see you as a sony fan who has no idea what they're talking about. I myself, have been an Xbox/xbox360 fan for a very long time. In the end, I have been thinking over the past few months that I realized I've been virtually robbed by MS for at least 7 years. I've been paying to play online for far too long and it does feel like buying a ps3 over 360 could've been cheaper in the long run. I've also had a problem with my 360, TWICE. And guess what SINGLE franchise got me into the Xbox in the 1st place....Halo. I was a total Halo nerd for too long, and don't get me wrong, I still love Halo for it's universe, it's just that it's owned my MS that I feel is recently upsetting me. Well I don't want to get into so much detail now, but this is now coming from someone who now plays on PC/WiiU on a normal basis. I just want to support the OP that just because OP is a sony fan, shouldn't immediately make him biased against MS.

i feel the same way, somehow they managed to make us pay for something (live) making us beleive that it was not available in any other console. In microsoft defense i would say that they were the first ones to offer this service in a very useful way, but the fact that they started rising prices was plain insulting.

I couldn't agree more, that was more of a middle finger to me more than anything. I started to slowly progress into PC/Wii gaming because of it when my gold eventually ran out.

richardhutnik said:
forevercloud3000 said:
richardhutnik said:

Hard to very close to impossible doing this, considering where your preferences lie as seen in your signature.  XBox Live offers more for me at silver than PSN does at normal.  I don't play online, and get a lot more content able to be downloaded for free on it.  When it came down to which of the two consoles to move, I moved the PS3.

But, since you have the mind of a Sony partisan, it would really be hard to explain anything to you, because of your preferences.  

Ok. Do tell of these offers tho. I just hear a lot of Live being better but no actual evidence of the such, and the only thing ever toted is that infernal XGC. If there is some other identifier, I honestly would like to know.

PSN gives small and big games away for free pretty much  every month. I just downloaded Vanquish for free yesterday.

You get PS+, you get freemium content.  You get access to things.  With the likes of PSN and normal, you get far less demos.  I have had both systems, and about everything on the 360 gets demos.  That is not true for the PSN.  It is because they do things differently and have a different business model.  For me, I get more with XBox Live.  Home is nice, but pretty barren as it is.  Free Realms is kinda cool though.  The fact I have had a lot more content between the 360 and PS3, is why I went with the 360 over it.  

And yes, Vanquish isn't really free, it is FREENIUM, which means you get it with PS+.  What I speak about is free vs free between two networks.  If you don't play  online then XBox Silver is better than regular PSN, due to the amount of content you access FOR NO SUBSCRIPTION COSTS.

And I did check here, and yes, you have PS+:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/18/playstation-plus-update-vanquish-joins-instant-game-collection/

As for what I don't get it is Sony partisans screaming how much of a rip off XBox Live Gold is, and then when Sony offers its own next tier, they go all gaga how they are now paying money for free content.  Next up, if the PS4 ends up charging for online play with say something like Playstation World, you will end you hearing the same partisans talk about how it isn't bad to pay for online play after all, because "you have to pay for the network".

first off, you are getting way too defensive, calm down. If I didn't own a PS3,and owned a 360 would these be any less of points? I think not.

Back to the subject....

Sony gives away free stuff as well that does not require PS+, and thats not including two MMOs(DCU, and Free Realms) and Home which is one huge minigame park.

Live gives lots of sales just like PS+ gives sales, but PS+ sales are more agressively priced and overall stuff is cheaper due to points discrepency. The Demo thing is definitely a problem on Sony's side of things. Enough to make me think Live was better? probably not but def a plus.

There is no denying that MS pioneered quite a few of the marketplace trends, but the problem still stands that PSN has mostly caught up and in many ways is passing them.

The main question from the OP still comes down to MS has lost/is losing many of the things that gave them advantage this gen  . with PS4 appearing to have fixed every issue from this gen as far as accessibility and standards go

-720 wont have a 360 like head start which means they won't have an install base who is already too comfortable to move to another platform.

-Won't have more exclusive games, with PS having the more acclaimed ones right off the bat.

-Won't have any features PS4 isn't doing, or can't do, and PS4 will most likely have stuff  impossible for 720 to pull off with Gakai etc

-and then of course the RROD looming over their heads, the fact many gamers think they abandoned hardcore, etc, etc.

Does one just ignore these shortcoming going into Next Gen? Or is everyone on a completely clean slate going in?

-

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

The 360 was not great at all. The xbox1 was and showed a huge effort on MS part to enter the industry. The 360 lacked alot of games moving through the gen with tired halo releases and Forzas. I really hope now that with MS spending lots of money opening new first party studios they will now release more new original IP's and give Halo a long break. If they show 4 or 5 new IPs at launch that's arnt just shooters and show that they plan to release lots of interesting and new IPs through the gen il buy the next box on launch like I did 1 and 350! That's my hope anyway.

I can never understand people who think the 360 was a solid platform but that's because I'm not them and I have different tastes. This goes for you 2 op. what I wrote is my opinion on why I hated the Xbox this gen. But looking forward I'm sure MS will change things up. Also obviously LIVE has to be free also for me to buy. I'm not paying for something Sony does the same if not better now.

slow69 said:
Joeybeta said:

yeah cause getting hacked and being down for a month is the better way. not to mention inferior everything online. la time i checked there are many psn games that still dont have any voice chat even though they have online component. also some games like mortal kombat 2 dont allow you to have a private match with people on your friends list... random matchmaking only. this kind of stuff is rediculous for an xbox live user

i like the fact xbox live costs money. people are less likely to screw around' cheat, hack and team kill when they are paying money to have an account. also skill based matchmaking doesnt work if accounts are free...

look at me, im level gazillion in this fps game and i feel like killing some newbs for a day, ill just open a free account and demolish everyone i get paired up and then go to my regular account tommorow... no thanks

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
I agree. I'm showing my hatred of Microsoft by not buying the nextbox until a month after release. That will show them!

Too bad people still find ways to show it off. 

Yay!!!

The same way we can trust Nintendo and Sony after everything they did wrong in the 7th gen.

Asking a question like that on this site is not worth even taking serious. This site is owned by sony. MS did a great job of backing up their system. However PS3 fans all came in and voted.

You didn't even own 360, get off it!!!

Agreed, MS has done much to shake my condifence in them. Even though I have owned a 360 since 2005, I was never really crazy about the hardware. To me, the 360 was more of a means to simply play the third party games I could not get on Nintendo platforms.

Some of you are high on your own fumes....

"Sony has stated time and again, that they never paid for outright exclusivity. Beleive it or not, some business deals can be made without the exchanging of funds to persuade opinion. Sony simply talked a better game. Whether they do now is another question, as MS's raising of this standard might have forced their hand. The fact they refused to do so was part of their downfall this gen, remember?"

Where in this statement did I say anything about it being ethically wrong or right for Sony? Thats right, I didn't. I don't agree with Timed Exclusivity, Full is better. And originally, almost everything was a FULL exclusive, and they became timed after MS gave the companies money for them.....jesus you guys are like a flock of seagulls chiming the same toon.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)