By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777
RolStoppable said:
JayWood2010 said:

It's ok, he told me because this one is serious it is allowed.  Sounds like horrible modding to me.

I honestly feel like we should be able to vote mods out of there power because this is pathetic modding.

Great idea. With Sony fans accounting for the majority on this website, this will certainly improve the quality of the modding.

Anyway, people need to learn how to deal with criticism. This is an opinionated thread, so if you don't want to spend a lot of time arguing, you can always fall back on "I get that you like Sony, but the thing is that nobody forces you to buy Microsoft products. You can make your choice, I can make mine. That's all there is to it." and if other Microsoft fans take the same stance, the thread will start to die quickly. There's no argument that Sony fans can make to take anything away from you, because they really had nothing in the first place.

The fact is we could make a list of faults and criticism's some objective some subjective about  Sony MS and Nintendo but what does it accomplish , wouldn't it be much better to talk about what you would like to see from them in the future and if you must criticize give answers to that criticism.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
For the last four years Microsoft has left a taste in the mouths of gamers that they truly don't care what they think. We all know they'll make up for it in the beginning of the gen, but lets see if they can hold onto the promises they've broken by sticking with gaming throughout the whole time they have their console out. Of course, they can pander to the casuals all they want, but lets not forget the people who brought you to the position to which you've become accustomed.

What promises has MS broken? If MS doesn't care what gamers think, why does the xbox maintain momentum? As for casuals, recall Sony move and the suite of software targetting it.

microsoft may have made mistakes but so has every company. i agree, that microsoft seem to have easily gotten away with huge problems easier than other companies would have.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
poll speaks for itself

You mean the poll that doesn't require those that answer it to own or use an Xbox 360?

The poll should never have been added, it's 100% completely useless and should be ignored entirely.

JayWood2010 said:
Runa216 said:
I fail to see why this thread should be locked.

There's no flaming going on.
The points brought up are fair.
There's no assertion of truth, mostly just opinions being exchanged.
There's no flame-baiting.

This is what a forum should be. It's an honest thread with an honest title with respectable points that should certainly be a topic of discussion. Just because some people might get butthurt over the opinions doesn't mean it should be locked. what is wrong with you people?

Not the point.  The ps3 one was locked that also pointed out problems but it was locked.  If one is to be locked then all of them should be locked. Kind of one sided

Based on my experiences on this board and the typical sony criticisms,  I have a decent amounf of certainty that the Sony one was closer to trolling.  I'd like to see it, if you have a link.  I wouldn't want to assume. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

Ok...

The only things I listed that aren't pure facts and are slight opinons are Timed Exclusives and Abbandoning of Fanbase, so what Holes?

And the fact they came first, did many things first this gen is great, yet now we are at the end of this gen cycle and they have changed for the worse in many gamer's opinon (maybe not yours and thats fine if not). Knowing what you know NOW about how they opporate, can you see youreself still giving them youre money? at least initially.

And for the PS4 comments, you know those don't hold up as real negatives at all. They gave us hard facts of how the system will work, its specs, etc. Not seeing what it looks like means very little, if anything. They said it will stream, what is unsure sounding about that? Thats not a maybe it is a reality of what the system will do. The only "Maybe" they mentioned at the Meeting that was of note is that "They will try to allow connectivity with as many devices as possible so you can play PS3/PS2/PS1 games everywhere". Everything else....in the bag.

Should I make a comparative list of all the PS3 and Wii's shortcomings as well from this past gen, or better let let you all come up with a comparative list to why the PS3/Wii were far worse options come this generation in. I look forward to seeing that.

The only valid argument you have is the RROD. Microsoft abandoned the hardcore gamer?  Here is the equivalent list for the PS3:

1. Many people were suckered into a $599 game console that did little but play movies.

2. The blockbuster titles like Uncharted, Gran Turismo were few and far in between. The good games didn't come until a few years into the PS3's life cycle.

3.The Playstation network trophy system and Playstation Plus online services were whipped up at the last minute to try to lure back Xbox Live customers. The PSN hacking debacle was an epic PR disaster. It struck the company off guard and really made the company look clueless and foolish.

4. Sony gave up too many exclusives to Microsoft that made the PS2 and PS1 hits like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, GTA games, and many, many other games.

5. Sony getting rid of backwards compatibility of PS2 games really did hurt them big time, which is part of the reason gamers were slow to adopt the PS3. There was no reason to buy a PS3 if people could still buy PS2 games. Sony failed to seal the deal with the PS3 and convince PS2 owners.

6. People were not fooled by the Playstation Move, which was obviously a Wii remote ripoff.

7. The Sixaxis controller was useless and it was scrapped for the Dualshock 3, and the Sony really needed to change that controller design. Even hardcore PS3 fans have to admit that the Xbox 360 controller was a better quality, more ergonomic controller.

8. Sony still beating a dead horse decides to release the PS3 Slim and Super Slim which was a backwards step in design, and degradations of the original and they tried to rehash past marketing efforts, lol. Microsoft answered back with their own "Slim" version which wasn't just a cheapened version of the original like the PS3 Slim but an all around better, sleeker, upgraded Xbox 360. 

Sony screwed up more and had more damage control measures this gen than Microsoft.

I would take the RROD over the exploding Sony Battery Fiasco any day of the week. :P

Fact of the matter is... All things mechanical and electrical are prone to fail, what's important is how these companies treat you in such a situation and to me Microsoft treated me well in getting my launch console repaired to the point even paying for the shipping and sending me a box to put it in.

However, I now have a Halo 4 edition slim console, so hoping it's problem free for many years to come and I won't think twice about getting an Xbox 720 and a Playstation 4 for the exclusives, the rest that are available on PC I'll get for that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

You're saying that about a console that's dominating the US and UK. That's a lot of people's opinions that don't agree with you :/

Landsharkk said:
Without responding to everything in this thread I'm going to say a couple of things.

1) Paying for Xbox Live vs free PSN. When you look at it from a business/investor perspective, which company has been successful with their business strategy? Note that Sony and their Playstation has been losing money for a long time. Meanwhile, Microsoft and their Xbox is making a profit.

Think about that.

Do you think Sony will continue to do business at a loss while giving away PSN for free, all the while their competition continues to be profitable and is charging for online service AND selling more consoles/increasing their customer count? Sony has to make a change and I have a feeling that removing features from the free PSN and adding them to the paid subscription of PSN+ is going to be one of them. Simple fact is Sony cannot continue doing what they've been doing and still stay in the game console business.

Why does Microsoft charge for Xbox Live? Because they are smart and want to make a profit. Why doesn't Sony charge for online gaming as well? Because they haven't figured out how to make a profit yet.

2) Time exclusives. This whole argument is moot. BOTH consoles have timed exclusives, so there's really no argument here. Btw, have any of you actually looked to see how many real exclusives both consoles have? I have (I can't find my source right now), but you'd be surprised that the number of exclusives between both consoles is almost even.

3) The big picture. I haven't seen anyone mention or discuss what I like to call 'the big picture'. While it seems to be true that Sony continues to push for the hardcore gaming crowd, Microsoft and their Xbox continues to push for the 'everyone' crowd. Microsoft has never removed any ability of the Xbox to play all of the most popular games out there. What they have done is expanded their target market in a big way.

Personally, if I was an investor (publisher, developer, etc) and I looked at both consoles, I'd lean more towards MS and the Xbox simply because they have a wider range of audience/customers. And Microsoft's customers don't just stop with the Xbox, because the Xbox is tied into (and in some cases hardcoded into) Windows OS (did we all forget that 80% of the world's computers are running Windows? Sony can't compete with that kind of marketing power), Tablets, smartphones, etc.

When we look at existing games that are multiplatform on both PS3 and Xbox360, we see that almost every single one of them sells better on the Xbox 360 (even the charts here on VGchartz show this to be true). If you are a developer looking at next gen, don't you think that's going to have an influence on which console you side with?

Microsoft is looking to the future and expansion of gaming on a constant basis, where it seems Sony is narrowing their market to the niche of hardcore gamers only. Microsoft already has cross-device gaming, cloud gaming, etc. Once again it seems Sony is still playing catch-up with Microsoft. It's like a two steps forward, one step back scenario for Sony.

1. I totally understand it is a great business move for MS, I am just saying its not so good for the consumer, you know, US. There is a chance PS4 will adapt this mantra, which would really piss me off too. Yet I don't think they will have to because PS+ works off a different structure that is just as efficient. You see, PS+ offers value without feeling forced upon you. If anyone here has been to gamestop, they know about their "PowerUp" Membership. For a yearly fee you will get magazines, discounts, and exclusive promotions. Its not like you can't buy anything from them at all if you are not a member. This is an over dramatization but I am simply using this to demonstrate a point. You can perseude people to join through real value and not forcing their hand to such a degree. PS+ has supposedly tripled it's userbase since it's first year, which would put it at like 15-20million subscribers. That is right around how many subscribe to Live, and without blocking their ability to play online. Some developers have shown that they don't like this practice either. Netflix surely spite the fact someone wanting to use their service on 360 has to get past a paywall just to get to them. FFXIV would also be coming to 360, if not for the paywall.

2. Timed Exclusivity is such a farce tho, regardless of how ok with it you may be. Just cuz the 360 might get some DLC, or sometimes even a whole game for a few weeks before PS3.....I don't think that is reason enough for anyone to switch to one console or the next, it just irritates fans of said series.  Bioshock, Mass Effect being 360 exclusives, that would be reason to get that console. But not getting 360 just cuz it got those games a year early, shit I can wait, especially knowing the PS3 version of these games would become deluxe packages with bonus content, and we would find the 360 version was the PS3 version's "beta" in some cases. I just think the whole concept leaves a bad taste in gamer's mouths.

3.MS might be the wisest choice for some investors,but many investors flocked to the Wii and Guitar Hero after its huge success, then that market dynamic started to callapse and the people who screamed "fad" turned out to be right.

Western games sell better on 360, because they have the homefield advantage in many ways( just like Sony and Nintendo do in JP), there are still many games that do about even or better on PS3. RE6 sold way better on PS3 last time I checked, as did FFXIII. Baseball and Fifa titles sell butt tons more on PS3. Most Fighters like Blazeblue, Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, etc sell best on PS3. What it is is that some of the largest IPs sold better on 360, ones with heavy advertising that are totally byassed towards the 360 in the US (COD is almost exclusively advertised as a 360 game, FFXIII was too but that still couldn't dent the fact the fanbase was  mostly on PS3).

So really, without MS's strong marketing in the US for US centric games....well you get the picture. So the only reason the 360 would appear to be a better platform to debut a game would be if they were going to market it for them, otherwise its does nothing for the Dev. Also, from what I heard from industry ppl, Developers make more money from each PS3 game sold than they do 360. This is why companies like Ubisoft and EA exclaim they make most of their money on Playstation, even if the 360 version sells slightly better.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

The poll reflects accurately on how the majority thinks about this subject.