By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777
forevercloud3000 said:
Darc Requiem said:
easyrider said:

ps2 was just as flawed but with out social media and also without a extended warranty. MS did everything right but you seem to have forgot ps2, so why should we be mad about this if it was handled way better.

I'm glad someone mentioned it. I always chuckled when obvious Sony fanboys brought up RROD. Sony had DRE issues on both PS1 and PS2. They, til this day, deny there was any issue. However they quickly settled the class action lawsuit over it.

once again, PS2 failure rate was within the normal means of hardware (which I believe is 10% standardly), Sony got sued for it simply because of the shear number of people who had PS2s, which made the number of malfunctions seem worse than it was. 360 is pushing no less than 33% and possibly past 50% before they finally  issued the remodel and slim.

Can you provide proof for these failure rates that you are stating? Especially the claims for the PS2. I know most,if not all, of the 360 failure claims are from non scientific polls. It comes down to which side you are arguing for.

"Sony got sued for it simply because of the shear number of people who had PS2s..." So you are basically saying that it was a high number of failed systems. This was not early in the generation either; it was what 2005-2006? How many PS2 were sold at this point? RROD happened early in the 360's life cycle, how many 360 were sold at this point? It is possible to say that the failure rate of the PS2 could possibly be much higher in numbers than the 360 failure rate. The PS1 suffered from similar disc reading issues as well. So if problems persisted from PS1 to PS2, why would you continue to buy their products?

As for other points:

- Do you know why the original Xbox production was stopped? Are you aware that many Xbox games are playable on the 360? I think backwards compatibility is a good thing. I hope the next Xbox will have it as well.

- There are less exclusives now a days, so what? That means people who cannot afford more than one system will still be able to play the game. It is a good thing for publishers and gamers. 

- What exactly is a hardcore gamer in your mind?

- You are paying to use their service; beside if you are in America, you do not have to pay for LIVE at all. (Not sure if it is offered in any other country though.) PSN+ games are not free, you pay to have access to them. Didn't Sony state that PS3/PSN content will not transfer over to PS4/PSWorld? If this is true, what would be your justification for that?

- Cheap skating? What about the redesigns of the PS systems that remove features and components without lowering the price of the system? Why is that ok? As for HDMI and wifi; it would have been nice for the Xbox to have them in the beginning, but it was done to keep cost down. Neither was that big, especially hdmi, in the beginning of the generation, but it has been added and it is standard on their systems now. I fail to see the point in bringing this up now.

Around the Network

No. Charging for online is the most ridiculous thing to ever happen in gaming.

Sensei said:

You mean...supporting online is a ridiculous thing? Because now you can say good things about the Playstation Network, but things were very, very different before Microsoft pushed forward Live. I do, however, that in this day and age, they should drop the goddamm fee.

Wright said:
Sensei said:

You mean...supporting online is a ridiculous thing? Because now you can say good things about the Playstation Network, but things were very, very different before Microsoft pushed forward Live. I do, however, that in this day and age, they should drop the goddamm fee.

nintendo, sony, and steam let you play online for free M$ has no reason to 

lurkerwithnosoul said:
New thread; Should we trust anyone after this gen?

I wish i could OP, i wish i could.

i don't honestly completely trust any publisher or developer i expected everyone of them to do wrong eventually 

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Wright said:
Sensei said:

Read my words, carefully. Very, very carefully.

Wright said:
animegaming said:
Wright said:
Sensei said:

oh sorry but i will admit at least M$ did pretty made online play a big thing for consoles 

forevercloud3000 said:
Euphoria14 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
NightDragon83 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Has anyone else tried Reese's Puffs cereal? It's like candy. I don't even poor milk on it, I just eat them as a snack dry. I'm not kidding it's freaking candy.

Anyone else have a good cereal suggestion?

I had some Raisin Bran Crunch for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was surprisingly good.  Didn't taste like cardboard the way plain old Raisin Bran does.

Also a huge fan of Trix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Fruity Pebbles.

I don't care for Raisin Bran either so I mix my own. I buy bran flakes and mix in raisins. It's much better because it doesn't have all that extra sugar they coat the raisins with.

What's the "Crunch" in Raisin Bran Crunch?

Have't checked to be 100% sure, but it's like shaved down nuts and oats bunched into clusters and they taste incredible.

Rasin Bran Crunch is my favorite cereal.

once again, there was a MOD warning to cut the cereal talk.

I didn't read every single post on every single page.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

animegaming said:
Wright said:
animegaming said:
Wright said:
Sensei said:

oh sorry but i will admit at least M$ did pretty made online play a big thing for consoles 

I'll forgive you, just because you're playing Tales of Vesperia =D

forevercloud3000 said

1. No I didn't buy one, because their actions toward the end scared me away, just as their actions towards the middle of 360's life scared me away from it.

2.Was actually being generous with that figure in comparison to what some reports say. 33-54% depending on who you talk to.

http://consumerist.com/2009/08/17/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds/

3. Um seriously? MS moneyhatted most exclusives to break exclusivity contracts with Sony in the beginning, after a while, everyone else had to follow suite. I always felt like the quality on the average genre has fallen due to the uprise of everything being Multiplatform. Not that they all are bad, but that they are usually lacking to me in some way. RPGs for instance, which is my fav genre, have become strange shadow versions of themselves. Look at Crash Bandicoot as an exclusive, then look at it as the MP abomination it is now....THATS how I feel about many MPs.

4. You can't make that as if I'm the only one saying this. Just look through this thread. Many 360 OWNERS are saying this, not just me.

5.You can't pretend that 360 hardcore don't bring up XGC as the reason why they prefer it over PS3 either. Its just common knowledge.

5.How is HDMI not important?????? Everything is HD, regular SD has been phased out by Television stations all together. Some TVs no longer have AV/RF ports. The fact the original didn't have one meant they really had no forsight, or they didn't care as it would just mean many consumers would just run out for another version...which they did. PSN has come a long way since its inception. Sure, it was a bubling mess in the beginning, but now it virtually stands toe to toe with Live, and going into Next Gen it is sounding like PS4 will far surpass anything MS can do(we wil see). So when the competition is offering all those things standard/in the package deal, what is their excuse? You might find that these things are necessarily "needed" for your gaming pleasure, but the huge numbers of people who bought those peripherals just so their console could be competent did. Shit, from many of the people I have spoken to, the built in Wifi and better heat sync were at the top of the list for reasons to get the 360 slim.

Well lets be honest here. If you waited 4 years into the life of the Xbox and never bought one, and now 8 years into the 360 and never bought one, then you already had some issues with MS and they simply havent swayed you. Things that obviously run pretty deep. Either way, not owning either console certainly puts you at a disadvantage with people who actually use it every day and know what MS has or has not been doing for them, as opposed to reading about it on the Internnets. It certainly explains some of the ignorance in the OP.

As for failure rates, sorry, but an analysis from a warranty provider trumps a damn reader poll from a fan magazine any day of the week. Your opinion regarding exclusives is just shortsightwd and biased. You honestly come across as someone who is just bitter that Sony no longer has all these exclusives. Look at it more logically. Do you have any links to this supposed moneyhatting? I thought not.

I never said or implied that you are the only person saying MS abandoned the hardcore. Lots of people here make that mistake. Of course, the interesting thing is almost all of them are like you. They have an agenda. Cross game chat is a nice feature but its blown way out of proportion by you guys trying to make it into some God tier feature. Thats just the way it goes. Regarding HDMI, you do know you can get HD without it, yes? seems strange to have to ask such a simple question.