By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777
RolStoppable said:
slowmo said:
JayWood2010 said:

learn that people have preferences and opinions and stop shoving yours down others throats. Goodnight

I RECOMMEND PEOPLE NOT COMMENTING IN THIS THREAD AND LET IT DIE.  DONT FEED PEOPLE WHEN THEY MAKE THESE TYPE OF THREADS.  YOUR NOT GOING TO CHANGE HIS OPINION AND ALL THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE IS ARGUEING AND HIM DEFENDING HIS REASONS.

+1

Should be locked, the mods will regret they haven't

Indeed. This just asks for somebody creating a response thread.

Which Kantor locked then left this equally flame bait thread open.  They really do wonders at making themselves seem a unbiased mod team at times.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
slowmo said:

Which Kantor locked then left this equally flame bait thread open.  They really do wonders at making themselves seem a unbiased mod team at times.

I think Kantor doesn't know about this thread's existence.

It's ok, he told me because this one is serious it is allowed.  Sounds like horrible modding to me.

I honestly feel like we should be able to vote mods out of there power because this is pathetic modding.

New thread; Should we trust anyone after this gen?

I wish i could OP, i wish i could.

RolStoppable said:
JayWood2010 said:

It's ok, he told me because this one is serious it is allowed.  Sounds like horrible modding to me.

I honestly feel like we should be able to vote mods out of there power because this is pathetic modding.

Great idea. With Sony fans accounting for the majority on this website, this will certainly improve the quality of the modding.

Anyway, people need to learn how to deal with criticism. This is an opinionated thread, so if you don't want to spend a lot of time arguing, you can always fall back on "I get that you like Sony, but the thing is that nobody forces you to buy Microsoft products. You can make your choice, I can make mine. That's all there is to it." and if other Microsoft fans take the same stance, the thread will start to die quickly. There's no argument that Sony fans can make to take anything away from you, because they really had nothing in the first place.

Yeah I understand that completely which is why i didnt argue in this thread.  The thing is, most people dont get that and is why this thread will likely near 200 responses.

JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:
slowmo said:

I think locking your thread was the right modding decision, what I don't understand is why this thread is equally still allowed though.  Its ridiculous, don't think I'm gonna be visiting this site much longer the way this weeks been handled.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:
slowmo said:

I think locking your thread was the right modding decision, what I don't understand is why this thread is equally still allowed though.  Its ridiculous, don't think I'm gonna be visiting this site much longer the way this weeks been handled.

And i agree. I feel either all of them should stay up or all of them should be locked.  They are all making the same cases.  This week has been handled poorly.  And itll likely get worst as the new consoles get released.

im sure an XBOX fan could give you a list of flaws not to trust SONY but its meaningless

I fail to see why this thread should be locked.

There's no flaming going on.
The points brought up are fair.
There's no assertion of truth, mostly just opinions being exchanged.
There's no flame-baiting.

This is what a forum should be. It's an honest thread with an honest title with respectable points that should certainly be a topic of discussion. Just because some people might get butthurt over the opinions doesn't mean it should be locked. what is wrong with you people?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
I fail to see why this thread should be locked.

There's no flaming going on.
The points brought up are fair.
There's no assertion of truth, mostly just opinions being exchanged.
There's no flame-baiting.

This is what a forum should be. It's an honest thread with an honest title with respectable points that should certainly be a topic of discussion. Just because some people might get butthurt over the opinions doesn't mean it should be locked. what is wrong with you people?

Not the point.  The ps3 one was locked that also pointed out problems but it was locked.  If one is to be locked then all of them should be locked. Kind of one sided

Without responding to everything in this thread I'm going to say a couple of things.

1) Paying for Xbox Live vs free PSN. When you look at it from a business/investor perspective, which company has been successful with their business strategy? Note that Sony and their Playstation has been losing money for a long time. Meanwhile, Microsoft and their Xbox is making a profit.

Think about that.

Do you think Sony will continue to do business at a loss while giving away PSN for free, all the while their competition continues to be profitable and is charging for online service AND selling more consoles/increasing their customer count? Sony has to make a change and I have a feeling that removing features from the free PSN and adding them to the paid subscription of PSN+ is going to be one of them. Simple fact is Sony cannot continue doing what they've been doing and still stay in the game console business.

Why does Microsoft charge for Xbox Live? Because they are smart and want to make a profit. Why doesn't Sony charge for online gaming as well? Because they haven't figured out how to make a profit yet.

2) Time exclusives. This whole argument is moot. BOTH consoles have timed exclusives, so there's really no argument here. Btw, have any of you actually looked to see how many real exclusives both consoles have? I have (I can't find my source right now), but you'd be surprised that the number of exclusives between both consoles is almost even.

3) The big picture. I haven't seen anyone mention or discuss what I like to call 'the big picture'. While it seems to be true that Sony continues to push for the hardcore gaming crowd, Microsoft and their Xbox continues to push for the 'everyone' crowd. Microsoft has never removed any ability of the Xbox to play all of the most popular games out there. What they have done is expanded their target market in a big way.

Personally, if I was an investor (publisher, developer, etc) and I looked at both consoles, I'd lean more towards MS and the Xbox simply because they have a wider range of audience/customers. And Microsoft's customers don't just stop with the Xbox, because the Xbox is tied into (and in some cases hardcoded into) Windows OS (did we all forget that 80% of the world's computers are running Windows? Sony can't compete with that kind of marketing power), Tablets, smartphones, etc.

When we look at existing games that are multiplatform on both PS3 and Xbox360, we see that almost every single one of them sells better on the Xbox 360 (even the charts here on VGchartz show this to be true). If you are a developer looking at next gen, don't you think that's going to have an influence on which console you side with?

Microsoft is looking to the future and expansion of gaming on a constant basis, where it seems Sony is narrowing their market to the niche of hardcore gamers only. Microsoft already has cross-device gaming, cloud gaming, etc. Once again it seems Sony is still playing catch-up with Microsoft. It's like a two steps forward, one step back scenario for Sony.