GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Immortal said:
Not trying to be ironic here, but, ever since the announcement, I've seen WAY more hate for "haters" who don't want to worship the PS4 and consider it the second coming of Christ than I have actual hate for the PS4.

PS4 fans need to calm down a bit in their defensiveness.

Fanboys are everywhere. From my perspective, I see much more abuse, immature behavior, and total nonsense coming from PS4 haters and it almost surprises me how some people see it different.

You nailed it. We're just seeing things differently. Not much we can argue if we just have different perspectives.

Still, what do you consider "hate"? I'll agree that there's plenty of non-Sony fans that are trying to rain on PS4's parade, plenty of people making snarky comments (I myself said that I'm a lot more confident about Wii U since the PS4 announcement ;D) and such, but I see nothing too severe.

It's definitely not nearly as bad as, say, the hateful response to Wii U after it was announced. Despite the greater hate, the Nintendo Defence Force didn't get activated very much at all. So in comparison, Sony fan reaction seems extreme. There's definitely at least half a dozen threads already debunking "hater" conspiracies.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Weedlab said:
I was a little bit surprised by the response of some of the Nintendo fanboys on the inter-web. Is it insecurity? And I find it so funny that they are still clinging to the hope that the Wii U is still close to the PS4 in terms of power.

Thats odd since Nintendo fans should be used to the idea of their console being the weakest since 2006.

A new generation brought new hope

I must know, the "oooooo" gif on the bottom left, which real life actor is that? Its hard to look away from it lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
sales2099 said:
Based on other comments, there arent "haters", just criticism.  

I'd say objectivity: Sony's not doing any wonders, they presented a new system which is graphically better and will continue with their IPs and will have great 3rd-party-support. Of course, Sony-fans are hyped and it's ok they are but *groundbreaking* things weren't showed and there won't be any when MS shows NextBox. The show just goes on.

Opinions are not objective...ever. Gaikai is "groundbreaking" enough

in which way exactly? it was a while ago but now it's nothing new anymore

Lostplanet22 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
You don't need an PC that cost 1000$ though, around the PS4 release an 500$ custom built can manage to do better ^'.

It has nothing much to do with haters. You should have check GT's Bonus round. the site that was very hyped for PS4 and was rather dissapointed with Sony's conference. And hater Marcus was not even their.

I saw nothing but positivity on the GT post conference show.  The developers including the Epic and Bethesda guys just said how amazing the architecture and memory news was.  They showed way more games than people expected by most accounts.  Also It should be "hater Marcus was not even there." just to nitpick you lol

Nah this one:   http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/8b5t13/invisible-walls-playstation-4-response-special

well I don't know where IW sets their expectations but I never hear them get giddy with excitement over anything.  I like the show sometimes but mostly when they criticize something.  They never seem excited over stuff and even when something is really good they say "as was expected" or "which was good" never "knocked it out of the park!" or "way beyond my expectations!" comments.  They just seem to have lofty expectations (not just on this but a general trend I've noticed on the show) or maybe just want to play it cool and professional but that show just ends up dragging me down if it's something I'm excited about (not that it sways my opinion and I mainly watch for Marcus to trash stuff I don't like).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

only a fanboy can hate on ps4, the system is what developers dreamed of and want, why should we gamers hate on it, when they want to make these new amazing experiances with this type of power.

its all this unwarranted hate that makes me think ps4 will dominate next generation. people seem to be using any reason to hate on it. envy.

What I see going on here is a cyclic response system. It starts with the announcement of the PS4. From this, a group of hardcore PS fans go crazy and act like this is simply the best thing to ever happen so they spam their happy opinions about the PS4 and talk a bit of crap (basically "in your face" attacks) to what they view as the "opposition". Due to the overbearing and spam-like nature of this group of PS fans you have the hardcore fans from the opposition group try to downplay it in varying amounts (this can range anywhere from poking fun to extreme downplaying where nothing in the announcement was good enough). This causes said PS fans to go on the defensive (keep in mind they are still very uppity due to their excitement) and talk about the "incredible amount of haters".

And the cycle continues slowly sucking up lesser hardcore fans until whole factions are at war with each other. This continues until enough of the hardcore fans on all sides are banned to settle things down.

It's the curse of being passionate about something.

ninjablade said:
only a fanboy can hate on ps4, the system is what developers dreamed of and want, why should we gamers hate on it, when they want to make these new amazing experiances with this type of power.

Why would someone try and disparage a console they don't like in their sig... but they do.

People's reactions weren't too bad, but there were a tonne of stupid complaints and just general cynicism that pissed me off a little bit. Most of that was down to so called "journalists" though, claiming the announcement was a write off because the console itself wasn't shown.