By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MSFT hype up an announcement like Sony did with PS4

sales2099 said:

Their marketing penetration will make Sonys seem like one guy handing out flyers at a gas station......that's how much confidence I have in their ability to generate real buzz.

maybe

What do you think they would show if they annouced it before E3? Star Wars 1313 and Witcher 3 will probably be shown at the 720 announcement because they weren't at the PS4 showing.

I don't think they can top the Sony showing if they announce before E3 because M$ would probably show off the New COD at E3

They could definately hype the 720 announcement though

Around the Network

I'm not looking forward to it. If it's true that they are making everyone who wants a 720 essentually buy Kinect then that means they will spend a huge chunk of the presentation on Kinect to try to justify it to the core. You might as well rename the 720 reveal as Kinectfest2013 =/

VGhippy said:

I'm not looking forward to it. If it's true that they are making everyone who wants a 720 essentually buy Kinect then that means they will spend a huge chunk of the presentation on Kinect to try to justify it to the core. You might as well rename the 720 reveal as Kinectfest2013 =/

hopefully M$ will just touch on Kinect for a small portion of the time and move on like Sony did with the upgraded Move

I think they should announce it no more than 3 months before release. Too far in advance and the hype will rise and than crash before release. 3 months i think is a perfect amount of time to hype it, but not let the hype falter.

I think yes. They have the money to do so. I expect a big marketing for next box in kinect style way.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250775/report-next-generation-xbox-to-be-revealed-in-april/

Yes

thranx said:
I think they should announce it no more than 3 months before release. Too far in advance and the hype will rise and than crash before release. 3 months i think is a perfect amount of time to hype it, but not let the hype falter.

they could avoid that by just simply NOT announcing everything at once

of course. i just hope they pre-announce it early enough for the gif-makers of the world to respond. soo much hilarity.

sales2099 said:

Their marketing penetration will make Sonys seem like one guy handing out flyers at a gas station......that's how much confidence I have in their ability to generate real buzz.

What he/she/both said.