By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MSFT hype up an announcement like Sony did with PS4

enditall727 said:
thranx said:
I think they should announce it no more than 3 months before release. Too far in advance and the hype will rise and than crash before release. 3 months i think is a perfect amount of time to hype it, but not let the hype falter.

they could avoid that by just simply NOT announcing everything at once

not really. people can only be excited for so long before they find something else interesting. even trickling it out over time. A big anouncement, followed by a coupole updates and than release is best. I also wouldn't be suprised if MS launches their console before the ps4. How long were the anouncement times before release for the xbox and the 360?

Around the Network

if you waste 500billion for crap like kinect you will use more than 1 billion for the real stuff.
there will be a huge hype-difference:MS announcement will be praised like a second messiah coming as MS is paying the US presstitutes pretty good for writing positive about them and negative about Nintendo and Sony

-this post was moderated by amp316

People forgot they got an countdown running to E3?

Lostplanet22 said:

I'm very aware of this but Ive predicted march/april announcement since october 2012.  I expect that date to have a lot of details on the NeXbox but not the first announcement either.

JayWood2010 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

I'm very aware of this but Ive predicted march/april announcement since october 2012.  I expect that date to have a lot of details on the NeXbox but not the first announcement either.

Was not refering to you but to others who come up with comments as 'why is MS waiting so long' while we knew already some time that they have a countdown running for it..

Around the Network

I have no doubt that the announcement/event will be huge. I will be closely monitoring to see what Microsoft's focus will be. Sony's PS4 reveal was impressive because it centered almost entirely on gaming, with even the social elements revolving around it (e.g., chatting with friends about games, helping your friend with a game through online interaction, sharing gameplay videos, etc.). I do hope that Microsoft follows suit and emphasizes more on gaming (particularly core gaming). I am interested to see which third-party developers show up to announce their new projects during Microsoft's reveal.

thranx said:
enditall727 said:
thranx said:
I think they should announce it no more than 3 months before release. Too far in advance and the hype will rise and than crash before release. 3 months i think is a perfect amount of time to hype it, but not let the hype falter.

they could avoid that by just simply NOT announcing everything at once

not really. people can only be excited for so long before they find something else interesting. even trickling it out over time. A big anouncement, followed by a coupole updates and than release is best. I also wouldn't be suprised if MS launches their console before the ps4. How long were the anouncement times before release for the xbox and the 360?

idk i was going to ask you the same question

i just remember that the 360 was revealed on MTV and it came out a short time after

I have a feeling that the PS4 is going to be launched in October

The 720 is undoubtedly going to be shown at E3 if not earlier so that would mean that you think they could release the 720 in September, right?

idk i feel like they should reveal the console before E3. That way when E3 finally comes they could just jump straight into the new footage of the 720 version of Call Of Duty.

thranx said:

That isn't a good idea. Doesn't give you enough time to recover if you make a mistake or if you need to respond to competitors or the market.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BasilZero said:
Lostplanet22 said:

What the...I didnt even know, so does this mean that they will announce it at E3 :O?

Yeah it was on Major Nelson's site.  And I doubt that it will be the first place it is announced.  It is a possibility but there has never been a console announced at E3 so Idk.  It's hard to say but my bet is still on March/April

Microsoft will obviously spend tons of $$$ on ads for Durango. I don't know if they will spend money to hype up an event or spend money once it launches. I say both.

Either,

E3: Reveal
Q4: Launch

Or

March/April: Reveal
E3: Launch

Why else would they have a timer if it isn't going to be revealed at E3? If its announced before E3 then either plans have changed because of the PS4 announcement or it will be released this June.