By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MSFT hype up an announcement like Sony did with PS4

Yeah. Theyre gonna hype the shit out of it.

I really hope Don Mattrick isnt there. That would pretty much ruin anything Microsoft try so hard to do.

Around the Network
Cold-Flipper said:
Microsoft will obviously spend tons of $$$ on ads for Durango. I don't know if they will spend money to hype up an event or spend money once it launches. I say both.

March/April: Reveal
E3: Launch

I can picture MS handing out brand new consoles to everyone in attendance as I type this sentence. Has a console ever been launched at e3? Imagine the buzz!

Definitely

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Cold-Flipper said:
Microsoft will obviously spend tons of $$$ on ads for Durango. I don't know if they will spend money to hype up an event or spend money once it launches. I say both.

Either,

E3: Reveal
Q4: Launch

Or

Why else would they have a timer if it isn't going to be revealed at E3? If its announced before E3 then either plans have changed because of the PS4 announcement or it will be released this June.

wishful but i can see why you would speculate something like that

It would be crazy if M$ pulled something like that off

It would be a smart move by M$ actually

VERY slim chance of that happening though

ironmanDX said:
Cold-Flipper said:

I can picture MS handing out brand new consoles to everyone in attendance as I type this sentence. Has a console ever been launched at e3? Imagine the buzz!

Sega Saturn. Except Sega didnt tell 3rd parties the memo lol. It launched with few games and nothing to follow until the holidays.

But as we al know, MS is smarter then that.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Microsoft will probably get Oprah to do somethin' with the NextBox Announcement.

Cold-Flipper said:

Either,

Or

Why else would they have a timer if it isn't going to be revealed at E3? If its announced before E3 then either plans have changed because of the PS4 announcement or it will be released this June.

That is a very interesting point. Counting down to E3? Why even bother. Its not a big deal to do a several month counter for a conference we know is coming.

Which begs the question what they will actually have lined up for when it strikes 0.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Microsoft held an event for Kinect, so one for the 720.

Here's what I see.

I think that Sony released info about the PS4 too early, they jumped the gun.

If Microsoft is smart they'll split up the next Xbox announcement into at least 3 parts (some may overlap, that's fine).

My prediction:
1st, they'll release some tech/dev specific into about the next Xbox at GDC (end of March). This will set the stage for the hype.

2nd, they'll do their own next Xbox reveal in April at a specific Xbox event (which has been rumored already). This presentation will show off the actual hardware and new features of the next Xbox, and most likely show off their partnership with Youtube and Twitter for their social gaming tie-in (as opposed to Sony's uStream partnership). This show will be better than Sony's, it will include a wider variety of games, a more diverse group of presenters and a focus on both the hardcore crowd and the family crowd, emphasis on the hardcore crowd.

3rd, they'll have another huge presentation at E3 in June. This will probably overlap a lot of what is already known, but they'll show off a much wider variety of games and anything they kept up their sleeve until now.

Doing the above 3 things will keep momentum for the next Xbox going for several/many months in a row. By the time GDC comes around most of the hype will have already died off for the PS4, leaving room for the next Xbox to get the news media attention.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on it.

EDIT: Oh and hello I'm new here.  I've been a lurker of vgchartz for a long long time, finally wanted to get involved in the forums here. :)

sales2099 said:
Cold-Flipper said:

Either,

Or

That is a very interesting point. Counting down to E3? Why even bother. Its not a big deal to do a several month counter for a conference we know is coming.

Which begs the question what they will actually have lined up for when it strikes 0.

I'm thinking the same. Everyone knows about E3 already So the countdown must be for something more prominent. While it would be strange, I could definitely see Durango launched at E3. Taking the Sega way. I think it would be a good strategy as long as Microsoft doesn't completely pull a Saturn...