By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shares Have Risen After PlayStation 4 Announcement

This is weird cuz Sony stocks fell 2%..

No biggie but its still a fall after one of their biggest products is announced

Yay!!!

Around the Network
DaRev said:

1. Is there a difference (beyond being from different generations) between the art style in OoT and the E32011 tech demo? They seem the same to me, just that the tech demo is more detailed as it is from a more advanced hardware. but both have the 'mature' art style I think.

2. OK - I assume OoT is your fav. Zelda game

I believe OoT artsyle is more similar to the Zelda original artwork, plus I find enemie designs more hideous. For example the Lizalfos or the Skelletons.

Also, OoT/MM is darker in the artwork than anything in Twilight Princess. Ganon's Castle is very very dark to me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

DaRev said:
Deyon said:

Another trolling thread about Sony. When will this fella stop!

Why is it trolling?

Because it's bad news about Sony stocks.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's weird as to why investors react in strange manners after an announcement. Well now is just too early to even think of what an impact it could bring on Sony in the long run. E3 will be the venue where they turn the tables around.

For most stocks anything under 5% is not really big news and could be attributed to about anything. Could easily see these gains or losses off set on Monday, so I would not read too much into it.

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
This is weird cuz Sony stocks fell 2%..

No biggie but its still a fall after one of their biggest products is announced

It may be one of their biggest products, but its not very profitable and will most likely make big loses in the beginning. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Vinniegambini said:
Sadly, I believe that the PS4 will be Sony's demise if they do not change their business model and marketing strategy.

As seen through the press conference, Sony is focusing on the core gamer, much like the Vita, and it will turn against them. Furthermore, the system will be over 40 000 yen, judging by Japanese reports. Consequently, the system will not be competitively priced for the mass market where Nintendo and Microsoft offerings will be available at a cheaper price. In addition, next-generation games will also be available on the PS3 (Watch Dogs, Destiny, etc) - Sony has failed to convey the message as to why the consumer must jump on the next generation hardware, the PS4, if it offers nothing more than better graphics and social interactions, doing so at a premium price - it needs that 'I have to have it feature' - much like the Kinect and the Wii remote did to their respected consoles.

Nonetheless, it's too early to judge as we only know a small fraction of the bigger picture. Sony needs to bring their 'A' game, and that goes for Nintendo and Microsoft as well for E3. It will be very interesting.

Nintendo shares are up on the fact that the PS4 hardware will be expensive compared to the Wii U thus giving Nintendo the advantage in price point for the consumers.

Perhaps Sony's shares are down, because the other day they were up.... you know investments can go up and down :) 

Eitherway the Wii-u is still in for a difficult year regardless of a upswing in NIntendo's shares... which guess what... will be down again at some point.

Carl2291 said:
Youve been on a bit of a roll with your Sony/Nintendo threads since PS4 announcement. Whats up?

This particular blip is meh. Im surprised by it though. Id have thought it would be the opposite. The PlayStation 4, a console that none of us have actually seen, already has better third party support than the Wii U. Developers are onboard. Thats what matters in the long run.

Innovative new controls, improved DualShock, development ease, games that graphically blow everything away and a release window. Sony are onto a winner

Thats what you saw, what investors saw was PS3 situation once again. Which wasnt good for investors lol. Expensive price tag and none of those games will push hardware lol. What exactly is your proof of better 3rd party support by the way? Destiny? Final Fantasy? The ports? Neither was announced as exclusive and both will probably be on 360/PS3. That wont help PS4 at all lol.

phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
Youve been on a bit of a roll with your Sony/Nintendo threads since PS4 announcement. Whats up?

This particular blip is meh. Im surprised by it though. Id have thought it would be the opposite. The PlayStation 4, a console that none of us have actually seen, already has better third party support than the Wii U. Developers are onboard. Thats what matters in the long run.

Innovative new controls, improved DualShock, development ease, games that graphically blow everything away and a release window. Sony are onto a winner

Thats what you saw, what investors saw was PS3 situation once again. Which wasnt good for investors lol. Expensive price tag and none of those games will push hardware lol. What exactly is your proof of better 3rd party support by the way? Destiny? Final Fantasy? The ports? Neither was announced as exclusive and both will probably be on 360/PS3. That wont help PS4 at all lol.

Investors are a fickle bunch. The views from the gaming press and many people are "machine sounds cool" but want to see more. Investors are looking..."hmm ... shares are going to drop after they went up... sell sell sell".

The proof in the pudding is E3 and then once the device sells when its launched. If there are queues and people are struggling to get one, then shares will go up... if it sells poorly... guess what shares will go down.

You have to remember where these stocks are coming from. On Tuesday Nintendo was trading at near 10 year lows in the US, back to gamecube era stock price of under 11.50. It received a bounce to 12, while Sony has been trending down since its earnings announcement from a high of 16 (up from 9) to currently 14. While investors might intertwine their fortunes for one day, they both will continue to go their separate ways and move based on information specific to their console and to the general industry as a whole.