By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shares Have Risen After PlayStation 4 Announcement

Didn't Nintendo shares drop way more when the WiiU was announced?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
DaRev said:
Pavolink said:
Some are very defensive.
Anyway, Lately, Nintendo shares have fallen almost every time they show something (good or bad), so nothing new.

If you were Mr. Iwata, which you're not, wouldn't you make a Zelda that looks like the one in your sig. and just watch the stock price rise? I would you also go faffing about trying to find a more kid-friendly look for Zelda on the WiiU?

*laughs*

1. No, I prefer Ocarina of Time art style, actually.

2. No, I'll go with the escence of Zelda: The original artwork or variables (like the Ocarina of Time) while in gamplay I'll choose something more akin to the first 2 Zeldas: exploring and combat.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I was actually surprised to see this trend going polar opposite than what I had in my head! But it's nothing major...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Chark said:
People are still confused about what console Nintendo has?

More like next gen doesn't start until Sony says so. The PS4's announcement was a simultaneous announcement that next gen is starting. This is good for all next gen consoles, including the Wii U, thus the share rise.

I can't believe there are already people saying that Sony is doomed. It's been just 2 days since the console announcement, can't you wait at least a week guys?

Also when the 3DS was released, didn't Nintendo's shares suffered the worst drop in like a decade or something like that? And yet, the console is almost hitting the 30 million mark. DOOMED INDEED!

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
I can't believe there are already people saying that Sony is doomed. It's been just 2 days since the console announcement, can't you wait at least a week guys?

Also when the 3DS was released, didn't Nintendo's shares suffered the worst drop in like a decade or something like that? And yet, the console is almost hitting the 30 million mark. DOOMED INDEED!

Forecast get cut every quarter in hardware and software. Sotware ratio is way below the one in DS. Software sales way below DS. Fails to meet the forecast since the first year. Annual Loss second year in a row. Wii U selling 55k a month after the holiday season. Software sales disastrous.

Indeed, doomed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

sales2099 said:
Guess Ill say it: Sony didn't meet peoples expectations and now the WiiU (with its current head start) is more likely to keep its lead.

I'll stick with this theory since investors do tend to think like that.

I recall a similar situation back when Wii U was getting annouced at E3 and Nintendo's stock dropped meanwhile, the others got a small increase.

Mummelmann said:
Sony is d0med, Nintendo is saved, glad we got that out of the system!

DaRev; "faffing about", are you Yahtzee Croshaw?

my boss is English, so I hear a lot of these strange phrases. i'm dying to use "spit the dummy" lol.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Pavolink said:
DaRev said:
Pavolink said:
Some are very defensive.
Anyway, Lately, Nintendo shares have fallen almost every time they show something (good or bad), so nothing new.

If you were Mr. Iwata, which you're not, wouldn't you make a Zelda that looks like the one in your sig. and just watch the stock price rise? I would you also go faffing about trying to find a more kid-friendly look for Zelda on the WiiU?

*laughs*

1. No, I prefer Ocarina of Time art style, actually.

2. No, I'll go with the escence of Zelda: The original artwork or variables (like the Ocarina of Time) while in gamplay I'll choose something more akin to the first 2 Zeldas: exploring and combat.

1. Is there a difference (beyond being from different generations) between the art style in OoT and the E32011 tech demo? They seem the same to me, just that the tech demo is more detailed as it is from a more advanced hardware. but both have the 'mature' art style I think.

2. OK - I assume OoT is your fav. Zelda game

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Deyon said:

Another trolling thread about Sony. When will this fella stop!

>User was moderated for this post [RH]

This is news, not trolling. The world doesnt censor the news because it just happens to be bad for Sony.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.