By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now i Agree, This Will be the Last Generation of Home Consoles.

Honestly...reading this sort of stuff is what's putting me off of gaming forums and comment sites. It's gotten tiring to the point of obnoxiousness, everyone with their little crystal balls, telling us all how everything will fail in one way or another and so on.

Everyone decries the lack of innovation...but who should companies innovate for, exactly? The joy of gaming has gone and died itself a nice, painless little death thanks to the consumers, the thankless masses that will never be pleased by anything. There's no announcement where there won't be hordes of little people that hate it and will continue to hate it into their grave cuz...hey, it's the internet.

Around the Network

Next gen will involve a glass piece that gives gamer a 360 degree viewing vision all around with complete immersion but still require controller input. We will do that for about 2 more generations. Then holographic technology will usher the 11th generation of gaming. Sony FTW

JinxRake said:
Honestly...reading this sort of stuff is what's putting me off of gaming forums and comment sites. It's gotten tiring to the point of obnoxiousness, everyone with their little crystal balls, telling us all how everything will fail in one way or another and so on.

Everyone decries the lack of innovation...but who should companies innovate for, exactly? The joy of gaming has gone and died itself a nice, painless little death thanks to the consumers, the thankless masses that will never be pleased by anything. There's no announcement where there won't be hordes of little people that hate it and will continue to hate it into their grave cuz...hey, it's the internet.

Hmmm...  There will always be hate.  Hard to find people that hate on Animal Crossing (besides ones that say it is the same game recycled).  Hard to find Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter haters (because the fan base is so low or mainly Japanese that isn't totally mainstream yet).  Final Fantasy, Mario, Sonic, Halo, or any game that has a mass following has more haters.  Popularity is a blessing and curse. 

outlawauron said:

Largely because most mainstream gamers are confined to blockbuster titles, so it becomes very difficult for new ideas to do well. That's why there are so many smaller, online offerings because a big title likely wouldn't make any money. This makes the "Witness" game surpising to me. I'll be shocked it makes any money.

It just might - it's Jonathan Blow's game, his Braid was excellent game. Witness feels very much like Myst, and though those sort of games are quite niche today, they are somewhat coming back into spotlight as of lately, in one form or the other.

I think there will always be a market for people who want to play actual games. With more and more social features added to consoles as well as like what the PS4 is supposed to do (suspend gameplay on power down, then start up in seconds with power on) I think it'll be easier than ever to enjoy great games with your friends without wasted time booting it or or whatever.

Around the Network
pezus said:
bananaking21 said:
Deyon said:
Argh_College said:

Watch Dogs was running on a Pc.

How can Watch Dogs be running on PC when there was PS buttons all over the screen?

it was running on a PC. ubisoft had an interview with gametrailers after the event and they were asked if that was on pc or ps4, he said it was a pc with similar specs as the ps4

PS4 is basically a PC so it ultimately doesn't matter at all if it was running on PC.

if anything, the ps4 version will look better than that. since it isnt optimized yet for ps4

every new gen lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

xwan said:
Next gen will involve a glass piece that gives gamer a 360 degree viewing vision all around with complete immersion but still require controller input. We will do that for about 2 more generations.

the 3DS and Wii U already do that.

Thats one of the fun things about so many 3DS games, i.e. Resident Evil Revelations & Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D & The Hidden & Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir & Face Raiders & Denpa Men & Star Fox & many others, especially with the 3D ON with Surround Sound Headphones ON to take advantage of the 6 speaker sound output the 3DS does thru its earphone jack.

i like potato

Why is everyone wanting huge innovations for a new GAME console. I'm a gamer, and all I want is to play games with a controller. Everyone is different, but why can't we just stay with the traditional game controller and awesome games. I'm not a fan of big social aspects in consoles, but the ps4's new social aspects are intriguing. I can't say I will use them all the time though.