By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now i Agree, This Will be the Last Generation of Home Consoles.

Sheesh, and I thought I was cynical! haha..

I partially agree with the lack of excitement and possible success of this generation of consoles, though I doubt this will be the last gen.

Wii U has yet to really impress me. The price is too much, the library is still going to be weak until the end of this year (aside from Monster Hunter which is a port), and the tablet controller is nowhere near as exciting as the wiimote was and not as inviting to the common consumer. I am going to get one eventually, but not until the price goes down and the library gets better. Since around 2010, Ninendo has largely abandoned its Wii philosophy and stubornly reverted back to its Gamecube - style niche games and its effects are showing in the sales.

PS4's games look great graphically, but somehow I still wasn't impressed. Could be the fact that even though the games LOOK better, they are still the same type of games (shooters, action games with explosions, racers) that we've seen for over a decade. Sony doesn't seem to be doing anything different from the PS3, just more horsepower, with more social networking and streaming thrown in. And as far as price, we're probably looking at another 599USD or $500 at the very least.

My hope now lies with MS, who has yet to reveal their cards. Though so far I'm not liking the rumors I'm hearing on this front either, what with the integrated Kinect and increased live prices. So far this has been a pretty disapointing generation. 

Unlike previous gens, it's going to be a LONG time before I jump into the next generation. For now, I'm more than happy with my new gaming PC, Wii, and 360, with my Nexus 7 covering the handheld front.