By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now i Agree, This Will be the Last Generation of Home Consoles.

What a joke. We don't need to wait till 2014 to disprove this, just E3.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
@OP, If you want evolution then look at indie games on Nintendo's eshop, PSN, and XBL. This is where most of the original ideas are coming from for gaming these days.

Largely because most mainstream gamers are confined to blockbuster titles, so it becomes very difficult for new ideas to do well. That's why there are so many smaller, online offerings because a big title likely wouldn't make any money. This makes the "Witness" game surpising to me. I'll be shocked it makes any money.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

see what happen to Wii when it was focusing on creating fun gameplay...

although it sell a lot but its facing death much faster than higher-end console...

sethnintendo said:
@OP, If you want evolution then look at indie games on Nintendo's eshop, PSN, and XBL. This is where most of the original ideas are coming from for gaming these days.

True - a lot of great smaller stuff out there, but on the other hand a lot of artsy games that will never appeal to masses (or to anyone for that matter, except for few critics). Movie industry is good example of how blockbusters will always be with us. I see all those digital shops as a chance for mid level developers to make significant impact - kinda like some high production/high quality TV shows are doing in last few years.

Deyon said:
Argh_College said:

Watch Dogs was running on a Pc.

How can Watch Dogs be running on PC when there was PS buttons all over the screen?

it was running on a PC. ubisoft had an interview with gametrailers after the event and they were asked if that was on pc or ps4, he said it was a pc with similar specs as the ps4

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kaizar said:
Paquito said:
No no no... This is the last generation for Sony.

PS4 is the Dreamcast of Sony.

Well, maybe minus those awesome games the Dreamcast had, like Power Stone & Hydro Thinder & Sonic Adventure & Vigilante 8 part 2 & so fort.

But let's just wait 12 months to 3 years after release of the PS4, okay.

Lol, are you people serious? Dreamcast had nothing but SEGA behind it. Sony has everyone.

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Dreamcast_Games

At least it's efficient. Instead of having 3 seperate doomed threads, might as well lump them into 1

pezus said:
sethnintendo said:
pezus said:
Kaizar said:
Paquito said:
No no no... This is the last generation for Sony.

PS4 is the Dreamcast of Sony.

Well, maybe minus those awesome games the Dreamcast had, like Power Stone & Hydro Thinder & Sonic Adventure & Vigilante 8 part 2 & so fort.

But let's just wait 12 months to 3 years after release of the PS4, okay.

Lol, are you people serious? Dreamcast had nothing but SEGA behind it. Sony has everyone.

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Dreamcast_Games

Exaggeration, but you get the point. Dreamcast's downfall was the PS2 so it's pretty funny to say PS4 will be the next dreamcast. All Playstation home consoles end up with at least 90m sales (PS3 will get there in just over 2 years). To expect PS4 to suddenly go on to sell like the Dreamcast is madness. I guess people did not learn after PS3.

Yea, PS3 had a rough start.  Once they got the price and games issue resolved then it started selling.  One tough balancing act.  Gotta get the price right and have the right games.  Vita is probably a great system but Sony hasn't resolved those two issues totally yet.  There are games on the Vita but not the true system seller it needs. 

I don't agree. There will always be a market for gaming. However the PS4 will fail badly mark my words.

I agree, not so much with all the reasons you pointed out but this might be the last generation of gaming consoles, they simply can't wow anymore and won't survive against these smartphone games, people are simply not interested in livingroom only consoles anymore. WiiU cleary won't sell as much as Wii did and PS4 will probably sell even lower since Sony won't learn from their damn mistakes. Can Microsoft save our industry..? Naaaaaaaah!