By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console looks more appealing to you now? Wii U or PS4?

PS4 or WiiU?

Both 123 11.69%

PS4 - Press Conference Wowed me 256 24.33%

PS4 - PS3 was so great 124 11.79%

PS4 - No more wait times for dlc! 14 1.33%

WiiU - The Games are just... 133 12.64%

WiiU - PS4 scared me with... 11 1.05%

WiiU - PS4 didn't Wow me 259 24.62%

Going to wait until E3 before I decide 53 5.04%

Going to wait on Nextbox... 44 4.18%

NONE - I'M STAYING IN TH... 33 3.14%

Total:1,050

^ loving the screenshot that guy used for the new Killzone btw. LOL

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:

He has a point though, from what we've seen so far, the primary difference between KZ3 on PS3 and Shadowfall on PS4 is the latter's enormous environments. Individual textures, animations, and models don't really show an immediately noticeable improvement at this point. I reckon most people watching the enclosed indoor fighting would believe it if they were told it was a PS3/360 game.

Now, compare an aerial cityscape from KZ2 and the aerial cityscape from Shadowfall, that's where the disparity lies.

Well, the day after I saw the Playstation conference I bought a WiiU. They had the deluxe set on sale at one of the stores for 299. Whats funny is I did'nt actually plan on it. It was just an impulse buy. I'm still flabbergasted at how tiny the actual system is and how comfortable the controlpad is.

After reading all the criticism of the WiiU, I've been hesitant knowing full well that I really wanted to play a brand new 2D Mario game. I'd also like to add that I really dont understand any of its criticism as it just worked incredibly smooth for me.

All in all, I'm just really, really happy with my purchase. I honestly do not think a Ps4 would be an impulse buy any time soon.

WiiU for me. I have PC for my ultra hi-def experiences, and my WiiU for them must have Nintendo experiences that you cant get on any other console.
Thats is all i need.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

AnthonyW86 said:
cyberninja45 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
cyberninja45 said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
WiiU specifically because the graphics on PS4 show no real leap over PS3. At least WiiU is different.

Not sure if serious

THOR!

He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games. Hence games like XenoBlade 2, while still a sequel, will be "Fresher" where PS4 sequels will be pretty more more of the same. Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart will all feel like very different games where GT6, InFamous and Uncharted might feel a lot like their PS3 counterparts.

With that said, and sequels being pretty much more of the same..... I'm worried about Microsoft LOL. How long can they rely on Halo and Forza?

Exactly THIS

Uhm you do realize that the Wii was barely on par with the old Xbox right? Also it was using the same graphics technology as the Gamecube, wich was very outdated. So you're right the leap from Wii to Wii-U is bigger than what PS3 to PS4, but that's only because they didn't make any real jump from Gamecube to Wii.

Uhm most wii games looked worst than the original xbox and it never bothered me, so I'm not sure what you are getting at, I liked the wiimote. Have you ever played metroid prime with gamecube controls compared to wii controls that was the system seller for me and made all the difference not the graphics.

Actually I'm not sure what I'm supposed to respond to.

''He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games.''

That's what i was responding to and you said you agreed with it. I'm not talking about controls, i'm talking about the graphical leap. And you agreed that Wii games didn't look to great, and that's the reason why the graphical leap with Wii-U seems more mipressive. So i guess you don't have to respond to anything since we're already in agreement.

But to get back on-topic, unless you really like Nintendo franchises there really is no reason to buy a Wii-U. From the looks of it at the moment, 3rd party support is probably going to be even worse than on Wii.

Ok.

But that's why some people were underwhelmed by the games because although the ps4 games looks better than most stuff out there is just doesn't look that much better.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

• Instant demos for all games via streaming
  • - Yeah, it's cool that I won't have to wait a half hour or so for demos.
  • Play games while downloading (as in downloading the same game you're playing)
  • - Also cool that I don't have to wait too long to download a game.
  • Friends can spectate while you game, with comments
  • - Eh... I could see myself using this feature sparingly to maybe check out some really good players. Other than that, I'm not too interested. This seems to me like a niche feature that most people will ignore, but some people will get a lot out of.
  • Friends can assist or take control of your game remotely
  • - Uhhhhh... ok? I dunno, when I play a game I want to play it. I guess friends can show me a cool trick or something, but I don't see a lot of potential here.
  • Much better multi-tasking - Cross Game Chat... Cross *device* chat even, in-game web browser, quick in-game xmb
  • - We've seen these features before.
  • Share button implications - all gameplay recorded, screens/videos can be taken and uploaded, video can be streamed online
  • - A feature that has been done before to some extent. NSMB U can do it to a limited extent (via challenge mode) and Nuts and Bolts did it way back when. It's very cool that its integrated on a system level and not on a game by game level.
  • "players can look over game-related information shared by friends, view friends’ gameplay with ease, or obtain information of recommended content, including games, TV shows and movies."
  • - Seems like a recap of a few other things that were already mentioned. Recommended contents (i.e. ads) are not a selling point to me.
  • Vast improvement to remote play - all PS4 titles on Vita
  • - I'll believe that when I see it. Sony promised this with the PS3 and it hasn't come to pass. Either way, it's a very cool feature that I use quite a bit on Wii U, but not one that I'm going to buy a Vita for. Great for those who own one already.
  • Hugely updated UI
  • - I really didn't see much of the UI.
  • Later down the line the whole PS catalogue available via Gaikai
  • - We'll see how this pans out. Could be really awesome or really awful depending on how Sony handles it.

These are nice features, but they're not something that scream "buy a console" to me. Ultimately, Sony and Nintendo are in the same boat right now. They both have a lot to prove about their consoles.

Tachikoma said:
    Michael-5 said:

From the above, does KZSF really look like that different of a game from KZ3? What KZSF does that KZ3 doesn't is that it has more objects in the game. Killzone 2 had almost no large open areas, with only concrete walls around you. Killzone 3 expanded that, but even the jungle environments were very small, and had very little objects in it. KZSF has a lot of stuff going on at once, so that's where we see most of the graphical improvement. Graphically, I can't say that the physics, character models, or gun models look noticably better on PS4 then PS3

Super Mario Bros. U isn't pushing many consoles is it? Obviously Sony is looking to have a better launch then Nintendo did, NSMBU was probably developed because it's cheap and easy to make. It's not a good indicatior or Wii U's potential.

Compare Killzone Shadow Falls jump over XenoBlade/X's below. X actually looks like a next gen platform, the jump from XenoBlade to X is as extreme as Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Galaxy. Heck, X looks comparable to PS4 IMO, this is what will give Wii U Sequels a "pop" factor, and this is what will help make WiiU different from the Wii, where I can imagine a lot of early PS4 games will make PS4 look like a PS3 in true HD.

Could you have picked a worse moment to take a screenshot of the low resolution video for kzsf?, i mean, really?

The image is compressed to fit the page, that's the only reason it's low res. However it doesn't matter where I took it, the game doesn't look like a big improvement over KZ3.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
    Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

AnthonyW86 said:
    cyberninja45 said:
    Michael-5 said:
    pezus said:
    sales2099 said:
    WiiU specifically because the graphics on PS4 show no real leap over PS3. At least WiiU is different.

Not sure if serious

THOR!

He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games. Hence games like XenoBlade 2, while still a sequel, will be "Fresher" where PS4 sequels will be pretty more more of the same. Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart will all feel like very different games where GT6, InFamous and Uncharted might feel a lot like their PS3 counterparts.

With that said, and sequels being pretty much more of the same..... I'm worried about Microsoft LOL. How long can they rely on Halo and Forza?

Exactly THIS

Uhm you do realize that the Wii was barely on par with the old Xbox right? Also it was using the same graphics technology as the Gamecube, wich was very outdated. So you're right the leap from Wii to Wii-U is bigger than what PS3 to PS4, but that's only because they didn't make any real jump from Gamecube to Wii.

You just contradicted yourself you know that right?

How can Wii be on par with X-Box and Gamecube......and be a graphical jump from the gamecube?

I'm sorry but games like XenoBlade and Skyward Sword were not possible on the gamecube. They jump may not have been huge to the Wii, but from what I've seen about PS4 we could say the same thing about it.

Hence, I agree with you, Wii U games might show dramatic upgrades, and give more of a WOW factor because Wii U is a huge jump from Wii, where PS4 isn't that huge of a jump from PS3. Glad we agree.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

curl-6 said:
    PlaystaionGamer said:

He has a point though, from what we've seen so far, the primary difference between KZ3 on PS3 and Shadowfall on PS4 is the latter's enormous environments. Individual textures, animations, and models don't really show an immediately noticeable improvement at this point. I reckon most people watching the enclosed indoor fighting would believe it if they were told it was a PS3/360 game.

Now, compare an aerial cityscape from KZ2 and the aerial cityscape from Shadowfall, that's where the disparity lies.

This is kind of similar to the affect Wii games had over Gamecube. XenoBlade isn't possible on the Gamecube, not because of the detail of individual characters. Modeling Shulk on a Gamecube would definatly be possible. However Modeling Shulk, plus the rest of the party, plus the few hundred meters of draw distance, plus enemies and attacks....that would be too much for the gamecube to handle.

However I think PS4 will eventually be a bigger upgrade over the PS3 graphically then Wii was over Gamecube. It's just Sony wants to release a couple good PS4 exclusives at, or close to launch, and the only way they can do that is if they use PS3 game engines. Killzone SF is clearly using the same engine as KZ3, but since it's PS4 Sony knows they aren't restricted the the number of objects they can put on screen. Until they develop new game engines cater made for PS4 games, early PS4 games won't look that much better then PS3 games. They won't look any different then a PS3 game in 1080p, with just a lot of objects on screen.