By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console looks more appealing to you now? Wii U or PS4?

PS4 or WiiU?

Both 123 11.69%

PS4 - Press Conference Wowed me 256 24.33%

PS4 - PS3 was so great 124 11.79%

PS4 - No more wait times for dlc! 14 1.33%

WiiU - The Games are just... 133 12.64%

WiiU - PS4 scared me with... 11 1.05%

WiiU - PS4 didn't Wow me 259 24.62%

Going to wait until E3 before I decide 53 5.04%

Going to wait on Nextbox... 44 4.18%

NONE - I'M STAYING IN TH... 33 3.14%

Total:1,050
Max King of the Wild said:
Gamerace said:
pezus said:

Couldn't watch but did read up on it.

To all of those things - so what?  Yes the hardware and OS are better but it's all about the gameplay.  And I'd think some of those things could have been done on PS3 if they really wanted too through OS update.   There's some cool features but really, not enough to justify shelling out cash for a new console. 

The ps3 and 360 didnt do anything to be inovative in game play from last generation. The outcome Wii selling 100mil consoles and dropping off the face of the earth while ps360 has sold 150mil+ now. The consumers have spoken.

The Wii U has a tablet controller and is selling less than 11k a week in USA... the consumers have spoken.

Most people want solid gameplay. In fact, so many people contribute cross chat and online play to the biggest innovation in gameplay this generation. So in comparison how is sharing through social networking not considered innovation for game play?

Well nintendo was innovative and it got them 250 mil game consoles sold. YES I just combined the wii and ds together for my convenience

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

Wii U. As I expected, PS4 showed PC graphics, which isn't what I consider a generational leap, so I'll stick with my PC again for multiplatforms and Wii U for exclusives. Maybe near the end of the generation I'll buy a PS4 or Nextbox, like I did this gen buying a 360.

Mario, Kirby, and Link don't appeal to me anymore.

I was hardcore Super Nintendo player back in the day, but I just can't find myself liking Nintendo's franchise anymore. I'll play WiiU with my little nephew and stuff, but its just not my thing.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I chose WiiU, because the PS4 didn't do anything but show MORE POWER, as expected. PS4 event focused on what could be, but really didn't say much about availability of games. I guess we'll have to wait for E3, but I suspect by then Sony will only have a handful or games to show, while 3rd parties would make their games multi-plat just to mitigate the cost. Conversely, I expect that Nintendo is working on new 1st games that will wow us, and will secure decent 3rd party games for E3.

IMHO, WiiU is looking better right about now.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

It's better to wait until E3 reveal, before finally making any decisions as to which appeals more. The console wasn't unveiled yet. I don't see the point of this thread until then.

Around the Network
DaRev said:
I chose WiiU, because the PS4 didn't do anything but show MORE POWER

Improvements/added features etc. other than MORE POWER:

• Instant demos for all games via streaming
  • Play games while downloading (as in downloading the same game you're playing)
  • Friends can spectate while you game, with comments
  • Friends can assist or take control of your game remotely
  • Much better multi-tasking - Cross Game Chat... Cross *device* chat even, in-game web browser, quick in-game xmb
  • Share button implications - all gameplay recorded, screens/videos can be taken and uploaded, video can be streamed online
  • "players can look over game-related information shared by friends, view friends’ gameplay with ease, or obtain information of recommended content, including games, TV shows and movies."
  • Vast improvement to remote play - all PS4 titles on Vita
  • Hugely updated UI
  • Later down the line the whole PS catalogue available via Gaikai

PS4. Everything they showed from the amazing graphics and tech specs to the UI and Gaikai features to the games...it was a great PS4 reveal and I plan on pre-ordering one.

Woah, over 800 people voted in this poll? Craziness. (And it seems like quite a lot of people still like the Wii U!)

DaRev said:
I chose WiiU, because the PS4 didn't do anything but show MORE POWER, as expected. PS4 event focused on what could be, but really didn't say much about availability of games. I guess we'll have to wait for E3, but I suspect by then Sony will only have a handful or games to show, while 3rd parties would make their games multi-plat just to mitigate the cost. Conversely, I expect that Nintendo is working on new 1st games that will wow us, and will secure decent 3rd party games for E3.

IMHO, WiiU is looking better right about now.

But, you already have a WiiU.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

POE said:
Guys, for real, it´s lame to see. You only care about graphics.

Did you even watch the press conference? It's more than "Just moar graphicsz".

I'm not going to list the amazing features it will have. You can look it up yourself if you want to be well informed.