By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console looks more appealing to you now? Wii U or PS4?

PS4 or WiiU?

Both 123 11.69%

PS4 - Press Conference Wowed me 256 24.33%

PS4 - PS3 was so great 124 11.79%

PS4 - No more wait times for dlc! 14 1.33%

WiiU - The Games are just... 133 12.64%

WiiU - PS4 scared me with... 11 1.05%

WiiU - PS4 didn't Wow me 259 24.62%

Going to wait until E3 before I decide 53 5.04%

Going to wait on Nextbox... 44 4.18%

NONE - I'M STAYING IN TH... 33 3.14%

Total:1,050
Michael-5 said:
baph7667 said:
Michael-5 said:
baph7667 said:
Definitely the PS4. It's a true Next Gen console. Maybe when Nintendo brings the price of the Wii U down to about half of what it is right now they'll have something. But missing out on all the best third party games for the second gen in a row is really going to sting for them and their fans.

Huh? Have you seen X? Graphics look just as good, if not better then Killzone. I'm really surprised the graphical difference between Wii U and PS4 isn;t that big.

Half of $300 would be less then the current PS3, that would be ridiculous, everyone would buy a Wii U then.

Also Wii U looks to be doing better on third party games. It's got Watch Dogs, Mass Effect, Aliens, and I'm sure it will get more.

I just hope developers don't ignore Wii U. There is no reason why Destiny and GTA V can't be available on Wii U when they are also available on PS3/360/PS4/NextBox

X looks nowhere near as good as Killzone Shadowfall.  The buildings in Killzone Shadow Fall are reflective and have real time lighting effects.  You don't see that in X which only looks about on a par graphicswise with "The Last of Us".   Actually, I just took another look at the X trailer and one of the biggest differences that was the most readilly apparent to me was the paucity of the number of objects on the screen versus what there was in Killzone Shadow Fall.  The screens in Killzone Shadowfall were heavily populated with characters and actions.  In X you have some static seeming backgrounds and maybe a character or two and then one big monster, but that's about it.

I'm not really anymore impressed by that than I was some of the games Sony showed off at their Vita conference earlier this week.  

Well, that's the only way they're going to get Wii type numbers.

Not after both the 720 and PS4 come out and Next Gen really begins.  There's just no way to backwards port games from the true Next Gen systems to Wii U in ways that won't make the Wii U versions look like crap.  And having X86 Geared Architecture plus clockspeeds in the Terraflops (while Wii U doesn't have even one Terraflop) + 7 to 8X the Ram of Wii U means that PS4 and 720 will allow developers to push their dream projects in ways Wii U can't.

Uh... no. Did you see the draw distance in X? It was like a kilometer, and everything looked amazing up to that. Killzone rarely showed more then 200-300 meters away, as yea buildings are reflective, rock is not LOL.

TLoU looks nothing like X, nothing like it at all. Now you're just being insulting.

I won't argue which game looks better, X or Killzone, but the graphical difference between X and Killzone is small. Wii U really shows that it's a next gen platform, where Killzone looks like a PS3 Killzone on Steroids. This really WOWed me, and surprised me because I was expecting PS4 games to look noticably better then Wii U games, but they don't, at least not yet they don't.

Wii U is a true next gen platform, you're blind if you can't see that. Wii U is weaker then PS4, I don't argue that, but from what I've seen of X and Killzone, the difference between Wii U and PS4 looks less then the difference between PS2 and X-Box 1. If people don't develop for Wii U, it's not because of graphical differences.

I think X looks better then Killzone, almost all the surfaces in KZSF looked the same as in KZ3, the only real improvement was the detail and reflections of metalic objects, and maybe the number of stuff on screen. X compared to XenoBlade 1 is literally HD vs. SD, and X compared to KZSF is really hard to destinguish.

Blah Blag Blah 1 Gb of DDR 3 is in no way comparable to 8 GB of DDR 5 and neither is a Clockspeed that's a full terraflop slower than the other machine's clockspeed especially when the first one doesn't even have 1 terraflop.  Eurogamer and others have already looked at Wii U's GPU and declared that it's not Next Gen and that was at a time when it was only believed that PS4 swould only have 4GB of Memory.

Around the Network

For me personally, having just started university, I know i will only be able to afford to play on one console, so for me its extremely important to be able to have the same console as many friends do, with a robust online store to buy games from and the potential for continued innovation and new game-play down the track. To this end I think the PS4 would be better for me. I also made the silly and impatient decision to buy a vita at launch, so I might be able to finally get some use out of it! It will act almost as a WiiU game pad for playing games when others want to use the television! also, historically Nintendo's community options have been abysmal, I still remember having to turn the Xbox on and jumping into a party chat with my friends just to have an avenue of voice chat when playing Smash Bros on the Wii, which to me was so absurd. Thus most of my gaming continued on the Xbox 360 where it was easy to come home jump on, jump into a party with my mates and go, "hey guys anyone wanna play a game of Halo" or "hey i see you're playing dead space 3, how are you finding it"? If Sony is able to deliver that kind of community; which at the moment it looks like they are moving towards, it and Durango will be the only things I consider unless Nintendo really amps up its voice chat, and social capabilities.

cyberninja45 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
cyberninja45 said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
WiiU specifically because the graphics on PS4 show no real leap over PS3. At least WiiU is different.

Not sure if serious

THOR!

He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games. Hence games like XenoBlade 2, while still a sequel, will be "Fresher" where PS4 sequels will be pretty more more of the same. Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart will all feel like very different games where GT6, InFamous and Uncharted might feel a lot like their PS3 counterparts.

With that said, and sequels being pretty much more of the same..... I'm worried about Microsoft LOL. How long can they rely on Halo and Forza?

Exactly THIS

Uhm you do realize that the Wii was barely on par with the old Xbox right? Also it was using the same graphics technology as the Gamecube, wich was very outdated. So you're right the leap from Wii to Wii-U is bigger than what PS3 to PS4, but that's only because they didn't make any real jump from Gamecube to Wii.

Uhm most wii games looked worst than the original xbox and it never bothered me, so I'm not sure what you are getting at, I liked the wiimote. Have you ever played metroid prime with gamecube controls compared to wii controls that was the system seller for me and made all the difference not the graphics.

Actually I'm not sure what I'm supposed to respond to.

''He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games.''

That's what i was responding to and you said you agreed with it. I'm not talking about controls, i'm talking about the graphical leap. And you agreed that Wii games didn't look to great, and that's the reason why the graphical leap with Wii-U seems more mipressive. So i guess you don't have to respond to anything since we're already in agreement.

But to get back on-topic, unless you really like Nintendo franchises there really is no reason to buy a Wii-U. From the looks of it at the moment, 3rd party support is probably going to be even worse than on Wii.

For me - currently WiiU, since I love Nintendo games.
It also was an easy buy for me because I was sure that the console itself (hardware) is solid and will not break fast.
Later in 1-2 years after PS4/X720 launch a may buy one of them - it depends on 3rd party support and what exclusives they will get.

JWeinCom said:
Michael-5 said:

Uh... no. Did you see the draw distance in X? It was like a kilometer, and everything looked amazing up to that. Killzone rarely showed more then 200-300 meters away, as yea buildings are reflective, rock is not LOL.

TLoU looks nothing like X, nothing like it at all. Now you're just being insulting.

I won't argue which game looks better, X or Killzone, but the graphical difference between X and Killzone is small. Wii U really shows that it's a next gen platform, where Killzone looks like a PS3 Killzone on Steroids. This really WOWed me, and surprised me because I was expecting PS4 games to look noticably better then Wii U games, but they don't, at least not yet they don't.

Wii U is a true next gen platform, you're blind if you can't see that. Wii U is weaker then PS4, I don't argue that, but from what I've seen of X and Killzone, the difference between Wii U and PS4 looks less then the difference between PS2 and X-Box 1. If people don't develop for Wii U, it's not because of graphical differences.

I think X looks better then Killzone, almost all the surfaces in KZSF looked the same as in KZ3, the only real improvement was the detail and reflections of metalic objects, and maybe the number of stuff on screen. X compared to XenoBlade 1 is literally HD vs. SD, and X compared to KZSF is really hard to destinguish.

I'm 10X more excited for X than Killzone, but that doesn't mean I can't see that Killzone is much much better looking.  The texture quality, and amount of detail is far supperior to X.  Draw distance is better in X, but that's just cause it's an open world game where.  In Killzone there is no need to show you what's beyond your immediate vicinity, so the angles don't show you that.  Even if X was a linear game, it wouldn't really be as good on a technical level as Killzone. 

The gap between Killzone 3 and Killzone 4 will be smaller thn that between X and Killzone, but those low expectations won't last forever.  People will be comparing X to games like Deep Down, rather than Xenoblade. 

There is definitely a VERY clear difference between PS4 and WIi U games.  The difference may not be PS3-Wii difference, but it's bigger than PS2-X-Box.  Maybe Dreamcast-X-Box would be more apt, maybe even a little more.

The PS4's technical superiority is clear.  Nintendo is going to have to prove that their interface, meaning both OS and contoller, is a lot more friendly and can provide more unique experiences.

Ultimately, Ninteno's position is the same as it was on Tuesday.  They have not demonstrated the value of the Wii U effectively.  If they can do this, they'll succeed, if not they'll fail.  The system is more than capable of competing with the PS4 in the market place and even dominating it, but that's only if Nintendo can make the WIi U advantages shine.

I dunno, maybe Killzone SF looks better then X, but I wouldn't argue that Wii U games aren't "true next gen." X looks a lot better then I thought it would on Wii U, and quite a bit better then any PS3/360 game.

I'll have to see how good it looks when it releases. On a proper TV instead of a laptop, games always look better.

PS4 is obviously more technically powerful, I'm not arguing that, all I'm saying is that from what I've seen, the technical differences between the Wii U and PS4 appear to be very small. Smaller then PS2 compared to Gamecube/X-Box, but not as small as the Genesis-SNES difference. Still pretty insignificant, it would make no financial sense for developers not to make Wii U multiplatform titles.

I agree 100% with your last statement, but it's not all up to Nintendo weather the Wii U is a success or failure. Nintendo really needs to get that 3rd party support, and it's already off to a bad start with GTA V not a Wii U title, and Destiny available on every other platform. At least it has Watch Dogs and Resident Evil Revelations though.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I think I'll end up buying Both, WII U is already on my start of Mar agenda, so I will only need to buy PS4 after it's price become reasonable and it' library grows a little, Reasons is I want to play metal gear, Final fantasy and some other games publishers aren't going to release it on WII U, after all games is what makes me purchase nothing else

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
WiiU specifically because the graphics on PS4 show no real leap over PS3. At least WiiU is different.

Not sure if serious

THOR!

He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games. Hence games like XenoBlade 2, while still a sequel, will be "Fresher" where PS4 sequels will be pretty more more of the same. Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart will all feel like very different games where GT6, InFamous and Uncharted might feel a lot like their PS3 counterparts.

With that said, and sequels being pretty much more of the same..... I'm worried about Microsoft LOL. How long can they rely on Halo and Forza?

That simply isn't true though. Nothing this gen has come close at all. And this is a launch game. Also, Mario U is not a large leap over Mario Wii...X will be, sure, but that game won't be coming out anytime soon.

From the above, does KZSF really look like that different of a game from KZ3? What KZSF does that KZ3 doesn't is that it has more objects in the game. Killzone 2 had almost no large open areas, with only concrete walls around you. Killzone 3 expanded that, but even the jungle environments were very small, and had very little objects in it. KZSF has a lot of stuff going on at once, so that's where we see most of the graphical improvement. Graphically, I can't say that the physics, character models, or gun models look noticably better on PS4 then PS3

Super Mario Bros. U isn't pushing many consoles is it? Obviously Sony is looking to have a better launch then Nintendo did, NSMBU was probably developed because it's cheap and easy to make. It's not a good indicatior or Wii U's potential.

Compare Killzone Shadow Falls jump over XenoBlade/X's below. X actually looks like a next gen platform, the jump from XenoBlade to X is as extreme as Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Galaxy. Heck, X looks comparable to PS4 IMO, this is what will give Wii U Sequels a "pop" factor, and this is what will help make WiiU different from the Wii, where I can imagine a lot of early PS4 games will make PS4 look like a PS3 in true HD.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I'm excited about both, but I'd buy a Wii U sooner than a PS4 because the exclusive content is more appealing. Nintendo just need to confirm some dates and I'll jump, whereas Sony need to have a better range of software before I'll jump in. I'll probably wait until after this E3 before buying a Wii U, and until next E3 to buy a PS4.

Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Not sure if serious

THOR!

That simply isn't true though. Nothing this gen has come close at all. And this is a launch game. Also, Mario U is not a large leap over Mario Wii...X will be, sure, but that game won't be coming out anytime soon.

From the above, does KZSF really look like that different of a game from KZ3? What KZSF does that KZ3 doesn't is that it has more objects in the game. Killzone 2 had almost no large open areas, with only concrete walls around you. Killzone 3 expanded that, but even the jungle environments were very small, and had very little objects in it. KZSF has a lot of stuff going on at once, so that's where we see most of the graphical improvement. Graphically, I can't say that the physics, character models, or gun models look noticably better on PS4 then PS3

Super Mario Bros. U isn't pushing many consoles is it? Obviously Sony is looking to have a better launch then Nintendo did, NSMBU was probably developed because it's cheap and easy to make. It's not a good indicatior or Wii U's potential.

Compare Killzone Shadow Falls jump over XenoBlade/X's below. X actually looks like a next gen platform, the jump from XenoBlade to X is as extreme as Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Galaxy. Heck, X looks comparable to PS4 IMO, this is what will give Wii U Sequels a "pop" factor, and this is what will help make WiiU different from the Wii, where I can imagine a lot of early PS4 games will make PS4 look like a PS3 in true HD.

Could you have picked a worse moment to take a screenshot of the low resolution video for kzsf?, i mean, really?

PS4 but il eventually get a WiiU